Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KC's - Douglas

Options

Comments

Kold wrote: »
    Probably if it was a good car at a good price.
    Probably if they cut my hair well.
    Probably if it was the closest shop.

I think that's weird :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Well there are different degrees of weird like... I probably wouldn't if they were playing with their knobs whilst selling them to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

So you're basing their weirdness on being a certain religion?

*chuckles*

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Oleander

johnnyjb wrote: »
    There chips are rubbish and very small portion for a chipper. Mc D and other places can get away with it but a small "bag "of chips is not acceptable.I like the Cheese steaks but they need to get the basics right.

The only thing i like are the unusual things on the menu

I agree, the portions of chips are small (when I had them first time). What's a cheese steak, never seen that before??

So you're basing their weirdness on being a certain religion?

*chuckles*

No, I'm not, I wasn't aware of the religious thing when I commented on the weirdness of the place :)

• Advertisement

Any bit of weirdness and ye Irish are on it. Don't even try to disguise it with a creole or chicken nuggets an Mayo on top.

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I grew up in Douglas and recently moved back - for loads of reasons but the South County pub and KC's were defienlty at the top of the list!

KC's was better 10 years ago - no doubt about that. But at todays standard I'd still rate them above MCdonalds, Dino's, Golden Fry, Zico's pretty much all the choice I have around the Douglas area.

The que doesn't lie either - its not made up of a load of chip shop tourists making there way accross Cork to try the famous KC's for the first time. The large que is made up of return customers.

Fair enough if the food isn't as good as it used to be, but it still must be something pretty special for all the folks to keep coming back.

Any bit of weirdness and ye Irish are on it. Don't even try to disguise it with a creole or chicken nuggets an Mayo on top.

Thread

:confused:

What exactly is that meant to mean, it's a tad cryptic.

RoverJames wrote: »
    :confused:

What exactly is that meant to mean, it's a tad cryptic.

eh it's not really..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

murphym7 wrote: »
    Fair enough if the food isn't as good as it used to be, but it still must be something pretty special for all the folks to keep coming back.
    I'd say a lot of those people are just going there because its where they've always gone so more force of habit than great food if you ask me...

• Advertisement

Thread
    eh it's not really..

Two sentances, followed by the word thread.

The ye Irish bit is a nice touch though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

JohnK wrote: »
    I'd say a lot of those people are just going there because its where they've always gone so more force of habit than great food if you ask me...

I don't aggree, would you keep going back to a place with bad/ordinary food just because it is a habbit, I know I wouldn't. Its not like there isn't a lot of other choice availble in Douglas!!

ok in simpler terms for you it means that people cannot be different without being called weird.

ok in simpler terms for you it means that people cannot be different without being called weird.

Thank's for that :)
    Ye foreigners are quick to pounce on us Irish.

Also I would like to remind you I did not bring in religion to this, I just commented that I find the place weird.

Thread.

Oh what a sense of humour you seem to have...

*yawn*

I wasn't trying to be funny actually, throwing comments around a Cork City forum containing "ye Irish" is hardly endearing is it ?

Thread.

I wasn't trying to be endearing. Or anything for that matter

You're Being too serious altogether, kinda comical.

You're Being too serious altogether, kinda comical.

Oh the irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

I love KC's!!:)

I pop out there every few months or so during the college year. King Creole and some garlic mushrooms, nom nom nom:) Wish there was somewhere to sit down there though, cos my food goes a bit soggy on the drive back home...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

Remember to look up next time you're in KC's

http://194.125.115.126:72/top.htm?Currenttime=2008-03-22%2014:34:12

ps click on Java for moving shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Was home last weekend, had my first KCs since New Years awesome!
    The menu is so tempting but I never look past the King Creole, who would!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

razorblunt wrote: »
    Was home last weekend, had my first KCs since New Years awesome!
    The menu is so tempting but I never look past the King Creole, who would!!

Never gotten a King Creole. Seems so boring compared to other pittas there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Dermighty wrote: »
    I agree, I think they're all born again christians or some such religion (on a serious note).

I went there last week, it was delicious, I shall go again next month.
    Red Storm wrote: »
    Mormons as far as i know. The mormon church is by where i live, they're fairly strange people
    Trashbat wrote: »
    They're Jehova's Witnesses.

I don't go there, because I never go to Douglas, but I've eaten there once and really do not see what the fuss was about. Its still largely deep fried crap.
    They are indeed Jehovas, but god damn do they make tasty food.

Not that it's very important (to the rest of us) but I heard they were Quakers?
    Judging by all previous contacts with Jehovahs Witnesses or Mormons they'd most likely slip an oul leaflet into the bag for educational reading for you?

Either way, a bit overhyped as is Lennoxes, unless they've upped their game recently. Dino's Kinsale for fish and chip - savage.

langdang wrote: »
    Judging by all previous contacts with Jehovahs Witnesses or Mormons they'd most likely slip an oul leaflet into the bag for educational reading for you?

class :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Was there during the week. Really really good. Solution to the small portion of chips is to get a large! Huge amount of them. Creole, bombay and large chips with curry sauce. mmmmmmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I like KCs but it would be like once every 6 months I get it. I think that's why I enjoy it so much, if I had access to it more than that I would get sick of it quite quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

themonboys wrote: »
    Remember to look up next time you're in KC's

http://194.125.115.126:72/top.htm?Currenttime=2008-03-22%2014:34:12

ps click on Java for moving shot

Now why has the web cam stopped working?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

only been reading this thread now.. LOL'd at some of the comments.. surely it doesnt matter a f**k what they are as long as the food is good and as for the place being weird.. that wouldnt bother me either tbh unless they were deliberately rude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

corkcomp wrote: »
    only been reading this thread now.. LOL'd at some of the comments.. surely it doesnt matter a f**k what they are as long as the food is good and as for the place being weird.. that wouldnt bother me either tbh unless they were deliberately rude

It's no joke corkcomp I was in there for 10min's once and caught a severe bout of Jehovah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

cork45 wrote: »
    It's no joke corkcomp I was in there for 10min's once and caught a severe bout of Jehovah!

will have to take your word for it .. personally I have no problem with Jehovas witnesses because no matter how much preaching they do im not interested. same goes for anyone trying to "sell" religious beliefs.. anyhow thats going totally O/T i guess

Advertisement