Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clan Matches

Options
  • 19-06-2010 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

anyone know what the situation is with clan matches?
    what are we waitin on to get it goin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Everything, I would forget clan matches in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

ah balls :(
    ive been really wanting to get some clan matches goin!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cant even get a good 5 v 5 in this game anymore for whatever fuggin reason!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭rzelky

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Cant even get a good 5 v 5 in this game anymore for whatever fuggin reason!

:rolleyes:

err so is the game **** @ PC in general or .... ?

i am playing BC2 @ PS3 and imo it is great ,even tho i have to use teh weak ps3 gamepad [managed to play some clanwars there no probs - private match] ... it feels like the game was created for 'pad' users ...
    i cant imagine playing BC2 using mouse+keyboard ... the freedom of movement - me thinks - ruins the game @ pc - but thats just a guess - so why is BC2 good/bad @ PC ?

P.S. Heloo mr Fairy sir, how is you ! :D

IMHO....this is the best BF series since the launch of BF2. I never played BFV but the game is brilliant. Yes there are a few bad niggles but overall its great.

All FPS games need a keyboard and mouse to play properly IMHO, but thats just me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

What would the best 4-player clan team be? 2 medics, 1 assault, 1 engi depending on map?
    How would this change in an 8vs8 match?
    M60's/AN94'/CG's for all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭rzelky

lafortezza wrote: »
    What would the best 4-player clan team be? 2 medics, 1 assault, 1 engi depending on map?
    How would this change in an 8vs8 match?
    M60's/AN94'/CG's for all!

depends on the strategy/situation your clan currently is... are you planning on rushing ? playing defensively ? u want to destroy enemy defense line ? [remove 'obstacles' to make their defensive job harder ? etc...

if there is to be clan matches i hope they make proper mods like cod4,
    where certain weapons are taken out,
    mainly cg rockets!

and id assume for 4v4 matches, you wouldnt need an engineer cos itd more than likely be infantry.

Next patch seems to allow kit limitation via admin tool. AFAIK Wolfcon will allow this, not sure if you can limit the weapon choices within the kits though. It will also bring INF Only which normally has a decent clan following.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Well they need to get the patch out quickly.

Noticed over the last couple of weeks that the game seems to be dying a slow death and as Fairy says I think its down to the fact that the game just isnt made for clan play which is its biggest let down.

Where you been hiding Hell mate...you in South Africa blowing your VAVASAILA (or whatever they are)

:P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Where you been hiding Hell mate...you in South Africa blowing your VAVASAILA (or whatever they are)

Never heard you complain when I blew yours ;);)

For a big man you were so GENTLE.....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I created an Irish version, Bhúbhúshéla™ :p

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

TheFairy wrote: »
    It will also bring INF Only which normally has a decent clan following.
    I hated this in BFV, but it will be great for the squad games in BC2.

the_syco wrote: »
    I hated this in BFV, but it will be great for the squad games in BC2.

There was no Inf Only in BFV!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Tanks were not that OP in BFV thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

karma_ wrote: »
    Tanks were not that OP in BFV thankfully.

True a few well placed nades could make an attacking tank consider backing off.

But sneaking up to the side of a tank and using a landmine like a frisbee was my fav way of taking on tanks :eek: boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ABE wrote: »
    But sneaking up to the side of a tank and using a landmine like a frisbee was my fav way of taking on tanks :eek: boom!
    Two C4 blows a tank now in BC2... forget how many was needed in BF2. Think it was three?
    TheFairy wrote: »
    There was no Inf Only in BFV!
    Could have sworn I played either Quang Tri 68 or 72 as infantry only, cursing the lack of something to drive. I think some admin tool allowed you to do so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

aye i think that was just our server fairy took the tanks and apc's out for the criac using the admin tool.:)

the_syco wrote: »
    Two C4 blows a tank now in BC2... forget how many was needed in BF2. Think it was three?

Could have sworn I played either Quang Tri 68 or 72 as infantry only, cursing the lack of something to drive. I think some admin tool allowed you to do so?

'twas 3 in BF2 :)

Been playing 2142 the last 2 nights, good craic! BC2 just won't keep me connected to servers for longer than about 2 minutes :(

You have to get it sorted dubs the disconnections....whaddyathink of 2142?

Ah its not bad. Its a bit quicker than I remember, I forgot how 'grey' everything is in that game lol

Had a few good games though. Seems the disconnects are a BC2 only issue. PITA until those NTL cúnts fix my net :(

You back on the battlefield yet Dubs?

You back on the battlefield yet Dubs?

Nope :( just waiting on my new router to arrive.

Told those UPC fookers to go and eff off. HAda huge argument on the phone with them about my BB not working, so I cancelled it with them lol Signed up with magnet 24mbit so just waiting on router to arrive :)

How long you had the UPC for? Are you still under contract or what. Nothing worse then **** heads chasing you for money n all that.

How long you had the UPC for? Are you still under contract or what. Nothing worse then **** heads chasing you for money n all that.

Over a year anyway.

They can funk off. I'll keep the tele with them, but the net is being changed.

Advertisement