Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Absolute Dead Certs" Part Two

Options
  • 19-06-2010 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I have been meaning to set this thread up for a while.

Basically the idea is to snowball my bank by backing hot favourites - mainly Rugby, G.A.A., Aussie Rules and Cricket. I will also place in play bets.

Unlike the previous thread of this nature, no one bet will have the potential to sink my bank. I will also bank winnings regularly. Value seeking will also be at the top of my priority. Hopefully the posting of all bets will add some discipline to my betting choices also :)

The compounding effect fascinated Einstein, so hopefully it'll do likewise here.

Please feel free to be critical and offer advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 underthepost

Bank Opening Balance - €1,000

Rugby International

New Zealand v Wales

New Zealand to win €30 @ 1.0625 - Blue Square

Rugby International

Australia v England

Australia to win €15 @ 1.28 - Betdaq

G.A.A Hurling Intercounty

Fingal v London

London to win €14 @ 1.1429 - Paddy Power

G.A.A. Football Waterford Senior Football Championship

Kilrossanty v St.Savours

Kilrossanty to win €14 @ 1.1429 - Paddy Power

Rugby International

England Saxons v Canada

England to win €31.88 @ 1.04 - Blue Square

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

you say "absolute dead certs" but your putting bets on as low as 14 and as high as 30,mate in fairness this is going to go knowhere,,mutes tread was interesting at the start because we thought he was putting his whole bankroll on it,,put these kind of stakes are pathetic especially sence your saying there dead certs...

your better off putting 100 or whatever you can afford on 1 dead cert rather than 10,20,30 on loads of different dead certs in the same day..
    just my 2 pence,take no notice if ya want,

speaking of dead certs,,ive limerick +19 points against cork in the hurling,€300 on it at 4/9,,if ya check out the hurling/football tread you will see a small write up...

coughlan08 wrote: »
    you say "absolute dead certs" but your putting bets on as low as 14 and as high as 30,mate in fairness this is going to go knowhere,,mutes tread was interesting at the start because we thought he was putting his whole bankroll on it,,put these kind of stakes are pathetic especially sence your saying there dead certs...

your better off putting 100 or whatever you can afford on 1 dead cert rather than 10,20,30 on loads of different dead certs in the same day..
    just my 2 pence,take no notice if ya want,

speaking of dead certs,,ive limerick +19 points against cork in the hurling,€300 on it at 4/9,,if ya check out the hurling/football tread you will see a small write up...

Point taken

Well done on Limerick handicap!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

coughlan08 wrote: »
    put these kind of stakes are pathetic

Sometimes you defy all logic. He's doing exactly what should be done if he wants to slow roll his money. He's clearly not stupid enough to put his whole bank on one single bet. You need to think before you type, Because that's a load of nonsense.

There's no such thing as a dead cert, But hopefully all goes well for you UTP, And by keeping to this staking plan you'll not go too far wrong. Best of luck.

Results (sorry for delay)

New Zealand to win €30 @ 1.0625 - Win +€1.88

Australia to win €15 @ 1.28 - Lose -€15.00

London to win €14 @ 1.1429 - Win +€2.00

Kilrossanty to win €14 @ 1.1429 - Win +2.00

England to win €31.88 @ 1.04 - Win +1.28

Balance - €992.16

P&L - (€7.84)

ROI - (0.8%)

G.A.A. Football Waterford Senior Football Championship - 25/06/10

The Nire v Rathgormack

The Nire to win €100 @ 1.10 - Paddy Power

Note - The potential winnings on the first bet will be carried forward to the remaining bets

Rugby International - 26/06/10

New Zealand v Wales

New Zealand to win €110 (Projected Stake) @ 1.05 (Current Price) - Betfair

Rugby International - 26/06/10

South Africa v Italy

South Africa to win €115.24 (Projected Stake)@ 1.01 (Current Price) - Betfair

x PyRo wrote: »
    Sometimes you defy all logic. He's doing exactly what should be done if he wants to slow roll his money. He's clearly not stupid enough to put his whole bank on one single bet. You need to think before you type, Because that's a load of nonsense.

There's no such thing as a dead cert, But hopefully all goes well for you UTP, And by keeping to this staking plan you'll not go too far wrong. Best of luck.

LOL I've taken Coughlan08's advice, so he can be held to blame!

I do take his point. I've tried betting on so called absolute dead certs in the past, and sometimes I get a long streak, while other times, I'm lucky to break even.

Over a weekend, it can be easy to earn a few hundred on the strength of a grand as your bank, but when it goes wrong, it goes wrong!

On this thread, I'll try to keep the stakes conservative. I'm pretty confident on my 3 picks this week, so fingers crossed the bank will be back in the positive by Saturday evening.

Munster Hurling Minor Championship

Cork v Waterford

Cork to win €30 @ 1.50 - Paddy Power

Leinster Senior Hurling Championship

Galway v Offaly

Galway to win €120 @ 1.17 - Betdaq

Rugby International

Argentina v France

France to win €30 @ 1.47 - Betdaq

Leinster Minor Hurling Championship

Kilkenny v Offaly