Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Politics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 lineker

Having listened to much discussion regarding this topic I would like to hear what normal people have to say regarding the spilt between Pat the Cope Gallagher and Brian O Domhnaill and why Pat the Cope is unhappy to endorse Senator O Domhnaill as a rising star in the party and his natural successor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

lineker wrote: »
    Having listened to much discussion regarding this topic I would like to hear what normal people have to say regarding the spilt between Pat the Cope Gallagher and Brian O Domhnaill and why Pat the Cope is unhappy to endorse Senator O Domhnaill as a rising star in the party and his natural successor.

I've no idea why Pat the Cope is unhappy with Senator O Domhnaill, though I am aware that there has been quite a lot of tension among their supporters.

I've heard rumours that Senator O Domhnaill isn't afraid to rock the boat, and take on the established "leaders" when he is trying to represent his constituents. Not being one of the party faithful, I honestly couldn't say - but I bet someone who posts here knows the full truth......
    And, I, for one, would like to know what it is:D

Noreen

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

and fourthcoming political events
    What events are these?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 lineker

I'm based in Finn Valley myself and a student am not party affiliated but have been surprised to see such bickering amongst party colleagues, there was also a split in the Fine Gael camp at the last local election when Cl. Padraig Doherty went independent. Is there a lack of leadership in those constituencies, or is it just a matter of healthy competition?

In regards to mufflers post, these events may include elections etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,365 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

I'm based in Finn Valley myself and a student am not party affiliated but have been surprised to see such bickering amongst party colleagues, there was also a split in the Fine Gael camp at the last local election when Cl. Padraig Doherty went independent. Is there a lack of leadership in those constituencies, or is it just a matter of healthy competition?

In regards to mufflers post, these events may include elections etc.

errr this is politics bickering is their main pastime as far as i can tell, anyway you should see all the "independents" standing in donegakl town who claimed they werent FF until you talk to people who know them then you find ut they were party activists until very recently, read from theat waht you want but its the main reason donegal town has no councillor any more

• Advertisement
Advertisement