Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big man but good with his feet

• 19-06-2010 3:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

dont know about you....but if you play up front and your over 6ft 3" you will always be know as a big man that can use his feet.....only if your doing well.....other wise you WILL go down as being a clumsey lumbering bafoon .....wtf is with that.........(names have been withheld to protect the eejits)

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

almanu wrote: »
    dont know about you....but if you play up front and your over 6ft 3" you will always be know as a big man that can use his feet.....only if your doing well.....other wise you WILL go down as being a clumsey lumbering bafoon .....wtf is with that.........(names have been withheld to protect the eejits)

It's Heskey isn't it ?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

x PyRo wrote: »
    It's Heskey isn't it ?.

lol more crouch and zigic.....id put heskey in there only for the fact he,s rubbish with his feet lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

lol more crouch and zigic.....id put heskey in there only for the fact he,s rubbish with his feet lol
    Crouch isn't bad. However from what i've seen from Zigic (albeit 2 games) he looks like a poor signing by Alex McLeish.

Degag wrote: »
    Crouch isn't bad. However from what i've seen from Zigic (albeit 2 games) he looks like a poor signing by Alex McLeish.

that left back for mexico salcido i think his name is.... he would do very well in the prem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

that left back for mexico salcido i think his name is.... he would do very well in the prem

Did Brum sign him?

• Advertisement

Degag wrote: »
    Did Brum sign him?

salcido no.....zigic yeah im pretty sure hes a brum brum now.

do you remember that guy that looked like the ledge that is stynes ...played for oh its on the tip of my tounge,,,,,tall bloke ...eastren europe...???

brian stynes older bro ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

do you remember that guy that looked like the ledge that is stynes ...played for oh its on the tip of my tounge,,,,,tall bloke ...eastren europe...???

brian stynes older bro ??

Jan Koller is the only one I can think of at the moment.

blindpilot wrote: »
    Jan Koller is the only one I can think of at the moment.

blindpilot you are the man.......jan koller ......argument settled

still think i sould be in bed ....ok 1 more can lol

ok bed im done like a fat potatoe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Also notice how ANYBODY with a half decent left foot is labelled as having a 'cultured left leg', whereas you never hear of somebody with a cultured right leg. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Zigic is class. Prob the best player at the WC so far.

For a big man, he's an excellent player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Andy Carroll of Newcastle is also cursed with "He has good feet for a big man".

To be fair, big men arnt supposed to have good feet, maybe because they are so far away from their brain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

To be fair, big men arnt supposed to have good feet, maybe because they are so far away from their brain?

its a myth, crouch has great feet, those bicycle kicks against bolton and gala were incredible, niall quinn also had great feet, drogba has good feet when he stays on em ;) rio, agger, ballack, all technically good big men

rossie1977 wrote: »
    its a myth, crouch has great feet, those bicycle kicks against bolton and gala were incredible, niall quinn also had great feet, drogba has good feet when he stays on em ;) rio, agger, ballack, all technically good big men

im 6ft 1 and i have terrible feet always had.......good in the air all the same lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

No one has mentioned Zlatan yet. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I always saw this phrase as saying a big man was technically good with his feet (eg Crouch) and goes beyond being your stereotypical battering ram of a target man (Heskey). It's just a way of saying a big man is skillful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

If you look at crouch he's very good with his feet but if the ball is delivered above his knees because his legs are so big he takes an age to get the ball down.

If you look at crouch he's very good with his feet but if the ball is delivered above his knees because his legs are so big he takes an age to get the ball down.

yeah takes him like 20 mins to do 30 keepy uppys lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

John Carew is class both in the air and with his feet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement