Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildlife Along the Dart Line

Options
  • 19-06-2010 7:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am conducting a Study of the Wildlife along the Dartline or close to it ranging from Howth to Kiliney, I would be interested in hearing from anyone who lives along or near the Dart line that has visitors to their Gardens or knows of spots where certain species regularly appear. I am hoping to get photos or video of these animals, they can range fromanything from otters to kingfishers, Herons, Foxes etc. I would appreciate any info my fellow Dubliners can supply along these lines. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

I have seen foxes immediately south of Raheny station. There was some works there recently so an access was opened from the back of the Super value car park, perhaps they were just exploring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Herons and egrets at Booterstown Marsh and on Sandymount Strand. Some waders at Sutton Station. Swans on the Tolka and the problem of their long take-offs and the DART cables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Smartypantsdig

I have seen kingfishers at Booterstown marsh on a few trips on the Dart.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I've seen dolphins off Killiney beach, seals at Killiney and off Bray Head, and also on Bray Head wild goats (and cormorants and multiple other seabirds on the cliffs). Plus rats, everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

About a week ago I saw a fox walking along the platform at Lansdowne Road. It was probably around 8pm, still quite a few people on the platform, although it went off through the fencing into the surrounding undergrowth before it got close to anybody.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Recently I found a hedgehog, and saw a fox, very close to Killester Dart station at night!

Advertisement