Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A successful plan

Options
  • 19-06-2010 7:54am

Thought I would share a recent 2 month plan I did which I had great success with.
    Im 29, 5"10. Natural weight 73 kgs. I trained a lot up to the age of 27, but the last two years work and laziness had curtailed it. Started to put on weight for the first time around the face and hips, and went up to around 78kgs. Decided to really shake things up with a hard routine and diet.

At my peak I could shoulder press 2 30kg dumbells for 3x8, bench 90kgs x 1.

Firstly diet - which I did very strictly for 6 days a week, binged relatively on the 7th day. Although as my stomach got smaller binges got reduced to 1 pack of crisps and 1 bar of chocolate, literally couldnt eat anymore.

Breakfast: 1 Boiled Egg
    Lunch: 1 Sashimi (tuna or salmon), 1 Miso Soup
    Dinner: Beef Carpaccio w bread/ Pasta w meat/grilled fish w potatoes etc. I tried to eat a lot of raw things.
    Evening to satisfy my sweet tooth and hunger, 1 small pack of something sugary.

Water: Minimum 3 litres per day. On a good day 4-5.

Training:
    From doing heavy weights all my training life I decided to go to the direct opposite extreme, very lights weights loads of reps.

MAXIMUM 30 secs between sets. Key to keep heart rate up.

Week 1: Long wooden pole behind resting on shoulders behind neck and rotating torso x 200
    Inclined bench press on squat rack empty bar - 2 sets of 50 reps
    Bench Press just empty bar - 1 set of 100
    Cables - crossing hands across mid torso - 2 sets of 50 reps. (5 plates on each side)
    Then 2 sets 50 reps joining hands shoulder height like a fly (2 plates each side)
    Then 2 sets 50 reps hands meeting at waist (4 plates on each side)

I would rotate this style of training to shoulders and arms every second day, doing more standard exercises with 100 rep target on everything.

Then I would switch to my Ab workout which I did every session.

1st: Hanging on steel frame, bringing legs up straight like gymnast (can be also done just bringing up knees). 5 x 10 reps
    2nd: Wider grip bringing both feet up to the right and then the left, 5 x 10 reps
    3rd. Standing leg raise machine, 50 kgs - bringing my leg up like a front kick 50 reps on each leg.
    4th: on a special twisting machine - sitting 100 reps, standing 100 reps
    5th: Lying with back flat on the mat. knees bent moving forward and back 100 reps.
    Bringing knees down to my left, then down to my right 100 reps
    6th. Sitting on a flat bench in crouch position and doing crunches (not bringing my back all the way down 2 x 50 reps
    7th. Same position with my legs cycling like i was on a bike 2 x 50 reps

So I started in Week 1 on 1200 reps total. Each week, I upped the reps by 100 - 200 and started doing 1 set of 100 instead of 2 x 50. Adding exercises and upping numbers on points 6 & 7 by an extra hundred.
    By Week 8 I was up to 3000 reps per session, and by week 10 after 3000 reps in a session I would walk out of the gym and feel like I had barely trained at all. Got seriously fit.

End result, got to 71 kgs. Absolutely ripped, perfect six pack, defined chest.
    Started eating my daily calorie intake again (and more :-) )

One negative is Ive picked up an injury on my right side obliques. Most likely from one of the twisting exercises. Its hard to fix.

My meal size has got smaller in general now, simply cant fit as much food in which helps me stay in the shape I want.

I did this training in Asia in a sweltering gym, so drank vast amounts of water. At one point for a week I was drinking 6 litres a day. It makes your fat cells soluble and the weight comes off in the hard places (lower abs) much quicker.

Anecdote: My chiropractor showed me a type of situp where you start halfway up already (better for back). He told me Peter Andre does 600 of these every day. Say what you want about Peter Andre, but the dudes has serious abs! So I took that and by the end of my 6 weeks I was doing 1200 per day of that situp just for good measure!

Advertisement