Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What should I do, pls advise asap

• 19-06-2010 8:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Hi as ye know I bought my car from a large reputable dealership.

Its a skoda fabia 1.4 tdi estate 06. English Import - reg no before registering here Thursday was: PX56PZY.

The problem -

Ive discovered that the car has undergone extensive damage repairs in previous years both front and back, and im wondering if there is a chance the car is structurally weakened. I mean im driving around with 2 children and safety is of utmost importance to me. Im so PI**ED off at the moment!!

Also something of less importance, stupidly my fault, :o the front tyres are new, but the back ones will need replacing within 1000 miles and I will have that driven in a week!!

Should I go back???

Please advise - i feel sick with stupidity, that I trusted a dealer, and didn't take the car to an independent mechanic, but I've never done that with dealers, and secondly I dont know if it would show up...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

How much did you pay for the car?

When you say "extensive damage repairs", what was repaired exactly?
    Was it cosmetic damage or structural/mechanical damage?

As for the tyres, you can get two off eiretyres/camskill- about €70-80 each, plus €30 fitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

How did you discover the car has had extensive damage repairs?

How extensive are the damage repairs? It's not uncommon for cars to have cosmetic tidying up before sale. As long as it's been properly repaired I wouldn't be unduly concerned about the safety.

Rear tyres with 1,000 miles left on them will be more or less on the warning blocks. If they are that bad, go back to the dealer and have a word.

I buy new cars from that dealership, and we use it a lot for mechanical repairs (even transporting cars from Dublin down, have them fixed then transport them back up) so I would be very, very surprised if there are major issues with the vehicle.

Might be an idea to pop in today and talk to the salesman about your concerns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

according to the notes in the wallet that comes with the owners manual

These were some of the things listed

23/5/08 Repair to real tailgate/bumper - insurance rpr work
    22/10/08 ins work - front bumper - respray/scuffs/paint chipped off
    11/08/09 ins / repair front end collision damage wings, bumper, grill, headlights, radiator etc/ extensive f/end repair
    24/11/09 ins repair - rear bumper/ rear ofside light

it gives a note seperate to above -
    quote: inspite of various minor repairs to this vehicle & 1 major repair to front end, this vehicle is problem free - car drives well & has no mechanical faults/ exceptionally reliable.

heater fan unit replaced oct 09

It also mentions clutch may need replacing soon or that it could be the hydraulic clutch control system which could be causing it to slip on occasions.

Thats just a few of the things...........

mumof2 wrote: »
    according to the notes in the wallet that comes with the owners manual

These were some of the things listed

11/08/09 ins / repair front end collision damage wings, bumper, grill, headlights, radiator etc/ extensive f/end repair

Thats just a few of the things...........

The only one of those above that I'd be even remotley concerned about would be the 11/08/09 work, and you'd need further detail. The bits actually listed aren't an issue, it's the "extensive f/end repair" that makes me wonder.

If the extent of the repair is what was listed, then it's not that extensive. If there is more work done on top of that it might be an issue.

The other bits are town centre parking scrapes and have no bearing on anything but the cosmetic bodywork.

Clutch is a consumable and will wear at some point. Might keep going for a while longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

listed

I think the previous owner needs driving lessons!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info and advice. Im going to head back up to the dealer today to see what they will say as im in Cork city this afternoon anyway, its only half an hour out of my way then.

Wil post again tonight when I have more info. There were other issues but seem to have been resolved back in 08.

Thanks for the info and advice. Im going to head back up to the dealer today to see what they will say as im in Cork city this afternoon anyway, its only half an hour out of my way then.

Wil post again tonight when I have more info. There were other issues but seem to have been resolved back in 08.

As promised, Im back with info. I went to the dealer (knowing the sales man who sold me the car was on hols but all I wanted was peace of mind), who talked the talk, but basically put my mind at ease by also telling me that any car that comes in can have damage repaired and no one might know about it. The car is structurally sound, or they couldn't afford to let it on the road, or they could be taken to the cleaners if anything happened as a result of their negligence. So I asked for the initial report that they obtained as a result of their testing the car the first day they got it from England.

Wil wait and see what that says if anything.

Motorcheck checked the car, and although I couldn't see any report - the car is sound. No probs.

The case is closed I believe. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Seems like you have been reassured by a bit of spin from a salesman who told you what you wanted to hear.

Get the car looked at by someone independent who knows their stuff.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that "test report" either.

Btw, is the car NCT'd?

quarryman wrote: »
    Seems like you have been reassured by a bit of spin from a salesman who told you what you wanted to hear.

Get the car looked at by someone independent who knows their stuff.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that "test report" either.

Btw, is the car NCT'd?

Its NCT ready apparently, just waiting on a test date. First NCT. I will have my own mechanic have a look at it Monday or Tuesday if he's free.

Thanks for all advice everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I'd think it's fine, if the garage were really trying something shifty or selling you a lemon, they wouldn't have left that information in the manuals for you to find.

That being said, do get the car looked over independently by someone who knows what they're doing. Don't assume the salesperson is lying to you, but at the same time keep in mind that it's in their interest to have an easy life and retain much dealersip money as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

...the issue is did they tell you before you bought it, and did the price reflect the fact that it's a 'repaired' car ?

If so, then, you're really depending on the goodwill of the dealer to help you out.

If not, and you paid top dollar for it, and the damage was undisclosed, and the car is now technically found by the NCT and your mechanic to be o.k., then you have two options imho, under the Sales of Goods Act :

1.) Refund of money to reflect the new, 'actual' value.
    2.) Take the car back, refund your money, or pick a different car.

Mind you, and I'd actually tell the NCT guy on the day of your concerns, if it fails or something comes up in it, then all bets are off, and it's money back, or handbags at dawn - aka solr. time.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...the issue is did they tell you before you bought it, and did the price reflect the fact that it's a 'repaired' car ?

If so, then, you're really depending on the goodwill of the dealer to help you out.

If not, and you paid top dollar for it, and the damage was undisclosed, and the car is now technically found by the NCT and your mechanic to be o.k., then you have two options imho, under the Sales of Goods Act :

1.) Refund of money to reflect the new, 'actual' value.
    2.) Take the car back, refund your money, or pick a different car.

Mind you, and I'd actually tell the NCT guy on the day of your concerns, if it fails or something comes up in it, then all bets are off, and it's money back, or handbags at dawn - aka solr. time.

I agree with telling the lads at the NCT centre as they will be my buddies that day!!

Who could give me a correct valuation of the car knowing only whats written in the notes??

If as you specified, the NCT and the mechanic find the car O.K, what leg have I got to stand on asking for my money back - let alone give the car back?? And remember I got lucky - I found the notes written by someone who actually cares that someone else will get use from the notes, however who's to say the next / replacement car isn't worse for wear and no one tells me......:(

I think I'm just going to head to the mechanic tomorow, and hope for the best, as I could do without the hassle of returning the car etc:mad:

Anyone got any ideas what the car should have been worth now knowing what we know:(

???

Thanks once again. I expect the dealer to ring me tomorow (the actual sales guy who sold the said car to me).....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Just in case it does turn out that the car is a ball of problems just waiting to happen, word of warning, if the dealer is SIMI registered do not complain to them they're utterly useless.

If you fail to reach agreements with the dealer then contact a solicitor, not SIMI. Again, this is just in case.

Bonito wrote: »
    Just in case it does turn out that the car is a ball of problems just waiting to happen, word of warning, if the dealer is SIMI registered do not complain to them they're utterly useless.

If you fail to reach agreements with the dealer then contact a solicitor, not SIMI. Again, this is just in case.

They are SIMI registered............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

They are SIMI registered............
    Well don't report your gripe to SIMI if it all goes tits up. I really stress that if! Just wait and see what happens. If it goes the wrong way for you just steer clear of SIMI and use your own solicitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

The retail price of that car was at least 2k too much in my opinion. I think a good point to put to the dealer is devaluation as a result of the damage. Was it mentioned at all to you prior to sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

Anyone got any ideas what the car should have been worth now knowing what we know:(

???

Thanks once again. I expect the dealer to ring me tomorow (the actual sales guy who sold the said car to me).....:mad:

Well as said earlier this work is the one to be concerned about:

I bought a cat c damaged repaired car from the uk before. I got the car checked out by the AA to check the repairs were carried out correctly. As it turned out there was no chassis damage and it was all cosmetic. I still bought the car at a 35% discount from the going price and it turned out to be a fantastic buy.

My advice to you would be get this AA report done or a possibly a car assessor which can be found in the yellow pages. The AA autocheck http://www.aaireland.ie/vehicle-inspections/ is expensive enough i think maybe 300 quid so maybe see will the dealer pay for this for you to give you peace of mind.

EPM wrote: »
    The retail price of that car was at least 2k too much in my opinion. I think a good point to put to the dealer is devaluation as a result of the damage. Was it mentioned at all to you prior to sale?

Not a squeak, but I never asked either, nor did I get the car checked over by an outside mechanic prior to signing the order form and paying for the vechicle subsequently.........

Mechanic very good to take a look at the car today.

Said its fine, and when I explained my case, he suggested ringing consumer affairs.

Im going to do that tomorow.

I feel the dealer should have told me about the car being crashed and repaired, even though the sales person claims that they couldn't have known.

Wil see what C.A have to say tomorow.

• Advertisement

I think if your mechanic says it's fine and if it passes the NCT, then you shouldn't worry too much.
    You're going to find it hard to say the goods are unfit for purpose if an independent expert is happy to say it's fine.

Did you actually ask at any time during the sales process if it was crashed? They're under no obligation to volunteer the information, so if you asked and they said "no, definitely not" it's a very different situation than if you never asked and they never volunteered the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Run a HPI check using the UK reg and chassis/engine numbers and see what comes up, should say category of write off (if it was one) or say if it was stolen recovered. If it shows up with nothing it's quite possible it just got a couple of "casual" knocks that are nothing serious.

www.hpicheck.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Motorcheck

Very sorry to hear about your discoveries. Some of the replies above are quite right. Without knowing the extent of the original damage it's very hard to make a call on the impact the repairs could have on the value of the car.

However, it's obvious that you feel somewhat betrayed by the dealer who supplied you with the car and I can't say I blame you. Any previous damage to the vehicle should have been disclosed to you first. Claiming not to know is no excuse - if you found all the notes in the car, why didn't they? Surely they gave the car a detailed examination before offering it for sale - right?

I'd recommend an inspection from a professional automotive engineer at Assess Ireland. They offer a variety of services to private consumers, one in particular described "Defective vehicle following purchase". You can find more about them here http://www.assessireland.com/service_list.html.

If you're contacting them, be sure and let them know that Motorcheck.ie recommended them. You might get the trade discount.

-Chris- wrote: »
    I think if your mechanic says it's fine and if it passes the NCT, then you shouldn't worry too much.
    You're going to find it hard to say the goods are unfit for purpose if an independent expert is happy to say it's fine.

Did you actually ask at any time during the sales process if it was crashed? They're under no obligation to volunteer the information, so if you asked and they said "no, definitely not" it's a very different situation than if you never asked and they never volunteered the info.

No, as stated before, I did not ask prior to buying the vehicle. A dealer that size - I would never have expected this. BTW, this is my 13th or 14th car, and I've only ever bought from dealers and have never had this issue before.

Motorcheck wrote: »
    Very sorry to hear about your discoveries. Some of the replies above are quite right. Without knowing the extent of the original damage it's very hard to make a call on the impact the repairs could have on the value of the car.

However, it's obvious that you feel somewhat betrayed by the dealer who supplied you with the car and I can't say I blame you. Any previous damage to the vehicle should have been disclosed to you first. Claiming not to know is no excuse - if you found all the notes in the car, why didn't they? Surely they gave the car a detailed examination before offering it for sale - right?

I'd recommend an inspection from a professional automotive engineer at Assess Ireland. They offer a variety of services to private consumers, one in particular described "Defective vehicle following purchase". You can find more about them here http://www.assessireland.com/service_list.html.

If you're contacting them, be sure and let them know that Motorcheck.ie recommended them. You might get the trade discount.

I'll be honest, the service you describe above "Defective vehicle following purchase" doesn't entirely apply here, as its more a case of being uninformed about previous crash history - which at the end of the day is entirely my own fault I believe - ive been asked/told here that I should have asked prior to buying.

Lesson learnt I guess, but can you actually take a car from a dealer without paying for it, and take it to your local mechanic 2 hrs away and get it checked, or do you have to leave a deposit behind??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭PrimalTherapy

They're under no obligation to volunteer the information, so if you asked and they said "no, definitely not" it's a very different situation than if you never asked and they never volunteered the info.
    Incorrect, they are under an obligation to tell without being asked.

Incorrect, they are under an obligation to tell without being asked.

Yep. Especially if they're SIMI registered as the code of ethics for members includes a declaration to "Advertise our products in a positive, factual and informative manner."

Was your car advertised in this way?

Yep. Especially if they're SIMI registered as the code of ethics for members includes a declaration to "Advertise our products in a positive, factual and informative manner."

Was your car advertised in this way?
    regardless of SIMI or not a dealer has to disclose if the car was crashed without being asked. Prior to that being introduced the law was that they only had to tell if asked, now they have to disclose anyway. I have an dea it was brought in around April of last year or maybe the year before.

• Advertisement

regardless of SIMI or not a dealer has to disclose if the car was crashed without being asked. Prior to that being introduced the law was that they only had to tell if asked, now they have to disclose anyway. I have an dea it was brought in around April of last year or maybe the year before.

I'm not familiar with that change in law, so apologies my advice may have been incorrect.

Do you have a link to support this so mumof2 can confirm her position before confronting the dealer?

Quote from the National Consumer Agency ;

"Misleading information

It is an offence under consumer legislation to provide false or misleading information to consumers in commercial transactions.
    A car dealer must not give misleading material information in relation to any aspect of the car, including its history (such as if the car has been in a crash or "clocked"), its specification, the need for any repair or other work required and so on"

Link here http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/Guides-to-Consumer-Law/Buying-a-car/responsibilities.html

"Misleading information

It is an offence under consumer legislation to provide false or misleading information to consumers in commercial transactions.
    A car dealer must not give misleading material information in relation to any aspect of the car, including its history (such as if the car has been in a crash or "clocked"), its specification, the need for any repair or other work required and so on"

Link here http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/Guides-to-Consumer-Law/Buying-a-car/responsibilities.html

But I don't think the dealer gave misleading information did they? If they stated it hadn't been repaired then that would be misleading information, but I don't believe that was ever stated.

"Misleading information

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/Guides-to-Consumer-Law/Buying-a-car/responsibilities.html

"Withholding, omitting or concealing any material information regarding the main characteristics of a car is also an offence."They have to disclose even if not asked

That's not as water-tight as I'd have hoped to be honest.

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/Guides-to-Consumer-Law/Buying-a-car/responsibilities.html

Withholding, omitting or concealing any material information regarding the main characteristics of a car is also an offence.

But the car's been repaired to a standard that an independent professional considers to be fine.
    If they were selling a lemon, this would probably apply, but if they're selling a car that's been crashed and then meticulously and professionally repaired, then it could be said that the main characteristics of the car are retained and there's no obligation to draw attention to the repairs.

• Advertisement

But the car's been repaired to a standard that an independent professional considers to be fine.
    If they were selling a lemon, this would probably apply, but if they're selling a car that's been crashed and then meticulously and professionally repaired, then it could be said that the main characteristics of the car are retained and there's no obligation to draw attention to the repairs.
    That does not negate the law that they must disclose if crashed

OP write to the consumer ass and ask them what is the law. Do they have to tell you without your asking if the car was crashed. Or ask a solicitor

R.O.R wrote: »
    But I don't think the dealer gave misleading information did they? If they stated it hadn't been repaired then that would be misleading information, but I don't believe that was ever stated.

Correct, this was never stated, nor did the advertising of the car state there were any repairs done, nor did the price reflect any previous damage to the car.

OP write to the consumer ass and ask them what is the law. Do they have to tell you without your asking if the car was crashed. Or ask a solicitor

Yep, do this definitely, and as soon as possible, the longer you keep the car the weaker your case is, but at the same time there's not much point in approaching the dealer until you know exactly what your rights & entitlements are.

I can see where your coming from, but they still should have told me, (I believe anyhow - but thats just my opinion), and it should have been reflected in the price. Again this is just hindsight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

One of the main characteristics has been severely affected, namely resale value.It is normally expected that that a severely damaged car no matter how well repaired will not command the same price as an undamaged one. If this lady paid book value for this car then she has been fraudently misled and should have a comeback. If I was advising I would suggest that she organise a male friend to speak to the garage on her behalf, I'm not being chauvenistic but the reality is that she seems a little out of her depth and in my opinion she needs someone forceful to put her case.

• Advertisement

That does not negate the law that they must disclose if crashed

Will ask consumer affairs tomorow, as I intend to ring them. Hope to get through on the phone.

mikehn wrote: »
    One of the main characteristics has been severely affected, namely resale value.It is normally expected that that a severely damaged car no matter how well repaired will not command the same price as an undamaged one. If this lady paid book value for this car then she has been fraudently misled and should have a comeback. If I was advising I would suggest that she organise a male friend to speak to the garage on her behalf, I'm not being chauvenistic but the reality is that she seems a little out of her depth and in my opinion she needs someone forceful to put her case.

I know a very forceful lady who can get what she wants, and her husband works in a Garage, will she do?? Or should I get her husband:D:D

(don't get me wrong, I appreciate the advice, just trying to be humerous at this very frustrating time)

I can see where your coming from, but they still should have told me, (I believe anyhow - but thats just my opinion), and it should have been reflected in the price. Again this is just hindsight.

Your feelings are fair and understandable, I'm not debating that.

Morally, maybe they should have told you (if they thought it was a concern, which they may not), but you need to know the legal position.

With regards to price, a lot of your success as a negotiator relies on how much information you have and how much research you've done. I would venture to say that if you didn't get a rock-bottom price that it's as much about how the deal was negotiated as anything else.

If the dealer told you that the car was crashed & repaired, and then also told you that this fact was reflected in the price, would you have known enough to argue the point with them? Did you not feel at the time that the price was fair for the goods you were buying?

but they still should have told me, (I believe anyhow - but thats just my opinion),
    It is not just your opinion. It was material information and they omitted it. They did not conceal it as they were not asked but they did omit it

Your feelings are fair and understandable, I'm not debating that.

Morally, maybe they should have told you (if they thought it was a concern, which they may not), but you need to know the legal position.

With regards to price, a lot of your success as a negotiator relies on how much information you have and how much research you've done. I would venture to say that if you didn't get a rock-bottom price that it's as much about how the deal was negotiated as anything else.

If the dealer told you that the car was crashed & repaired, and then also told you that this fact was reflected in the price, would you have known enough to argue the point with them? Did you not feel at the time that the price was fair for the goods you were buying?

I felt at the time of buying that I was paying too much, but I was happy with the car because of the specs (aircon, sunroof, and towbar to be mounted), and the colour compared to another one seen before this one, that I was confident enough to pay that kind of money thinking I had a fantastic car, and wasn't too out of pocket.

Now knowing what I know about the repairs etc, I feel it should have been €2000 less:(

It is not just your opinion. It was material information and they omitted it. They did not conceal it as they were not asked but they did omit it

Im not even sure they knew this information themselves tbh....as I mentioned above, the sales guy I spoke to on the Saturday who just blabbed a peace of mind statement, mentioned that any second hand car that comes in could have had repairs done, and no one would be wiser - so I guess my question is how far can I take this if they didn't know, and couldn't have passed on this information to me.:confused:

One of the main characteristics has been severely affected, namely resale value.It is normally expected that that a severely damaged car no matter how well repaired will not command the same price as an undamaged one.

Can resale value be considered a characteristic? My house is worth less now than it was when I bought it, have the characteristics changed?
    The second hand car market collapsed recently, did the characteristics of all the cars on the road change?
    Toyota have gone through a recall campaign that may have damaged their reliability reputation and devalued the cars they've produced, can a Toyota owner request any kind of compensation from Toyota for the change in characteristics that their car's value has undergone?

If this lady paid book value for this car then she has been fraudently misled and should have a comeback.

<mod hat>
    This dealer has been named in another thread and is clearly identified. If there are any insinuations of fraud, or other accusations that may affect the dealer's reputation, the thread will be summarily locked/deleted.
    </mod hat>

If I was advising I would suggest that she organise a male friend to speak to the garage on her behalf, I'm not being chauvenistic but the reality is that she seems a little out of her depth and in my opinion she needs someone forceful to put her case.

My wife is a better negotiator than I, and a much better complainer. I think that advice's accuracy may be dependent on the people involved more than their sex tbh.

Im not even sure they knew this information themselves tbh....as I mentioned above, the sales guy I spoke to on the Saturday who just blabbed a peace of mind statement, mentioned that any second hand car that comes in could have had repairs done, and no one would be wiser - so I guess my question is how far can I take this if they didn't know, and couldn't have passed on this information to me.:confused:

They did not know? With the info in the owners manual in the car??. I would not pay much attention to the sales guy you spoke to on the Saturday who just blabbed a peace of mind statement, mentioned that any second hand car that comes in could have had repairs done, and no one would be wiser - Ask him to put that in writing.

What is a peace of mind statement, did not hear that phrase before

By the way i do not know who the dealer is and have not seen the thread where he is named. Hope what I wrote above is OK?

sorry thought you meant they knew it was crashed. I would not pay much attention to the sales guy you spoke to on the Saturday who just blabbed a peace of mind statement, mentioned that any second hand car that comes in could have had repairs done, and no one would be wiser - Ask him to put that in writing.

What is a peace of mind statement, did not hear that phrase before

That was just my way of putting a long story short, I had driven back to the dealer with the newly found info, wanting to speak to a manager, however he wasn't there and was shown to a sales guy (not the original sales guy who sold vehicle to me), who just blabbed his "peace of mind" statement to me about the 'vehichles coming in tested, AA 101 test, not knowing what any second hand car could have been through, how they couldn't sell a structurally damaged car as they could be taken to the cleaners' and a whole lot more to which I wasn't listening to at that stage as I wasn't satisfied about being fobbed off actually.

Will let ye know how I get on with Consumer affairs tomorow sometime.

Thanks again everyone.

See, told ye it was a long story cut short to " peace of mind statement":D Id say they tell everyone the same story, if they complain.

, not knowing what any second hand car could have been through, .
    not looking at the manual?That is bull with a capital s, from them i mean

Yes let us know how you get on

• Advertisement
Advertisement