Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing Vodafone Bewan Router Remotely

Options
  • 19-06-2010 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, I have a Vodafone Bewan wireless router (vf-ARV4510PW-A-LF-L3-Vodafone_IE), and I'd like to be able to access the router's admin interface remotely, to turn on/off wireless access and remote router reboots etc.

I've set up a dyndns account, and passed the login credentials to the router. If I try to access the hostname over the internet, it times out. If I try to access it within the WLAN it routes to the router interface no problem. So it suggests that the dynamic DNS routing is working fine, so either:

1) I need to pass the right port number to access the router's admin interface (checked every page of the admin interface and can't find anything related to enabling remote administration).
    2) The router doesn't support remote administration.

Unfortunately, VF's forums are crap (I can't even get past the first step of the registration process) so I hoped someone here might have a suggestion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 PatDee

Hi, did you ever get an answer to this? I too am trying to access my router remotely....

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PepoFox

Hi I m trying to sort out the same issue but it seems to be not working at all. U can only acces the admin menu from the internet it self. Was trying anything possible but no luck at all. Vodafone sucks like no other internet provider. Wonder if its even possible. Next I be trying port forwarding settings maybe that way it be possible.

Advertisement