Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony A550 - Shutter release stuck?

• 19-06-2010 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

Looks like my A550 has some serious problems, it happened last night at my parents 50th wedding anniversary, thank god I never sold my A100 and so had a spare body!

Anyhow, I don't have the camera to hand right now, but the moment it is switched on it starts firing, when I pressed the shutter release there was very little to no, travel but the camera did stop firing. No other button on the entire camera is repsonding at all. Tried:

- Turning camera off/on
    - Changing lens
    - Removing battery and re-inserting (left out for about 1 minute)
    - Connected remote release, could fire but that's alll

All to no avail.

Before I left my mother's house (which is where the camera is now) I removed the battery, so it has been removed all night.

The camera is just 6 months old, got it just before Christmas last year, so it's still under warranty but was wondering if anyone has come across this, I think there are a small number of Sony users here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

So it looks like the camera will have to take a trip to Sony. The Shutter release is stuck at the half pressed point, so the moment the camera turns on it starts to focus and if in Auto mode the flash pops up. Of course as "it thinks" I have the shutter half pressed none of the other buttons will operate. The camera is only 6 months old this is very frustrating as I am working on two projects at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Looks like I have resolved the issue, I took a soft toothbrush (without toothpaste ;)) to the button and it now appears to be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rhyn

Good to know in case it ever happens to me. I've been using my a350 a lot since I got it about 18 months ago and have had no problems with it though. Sounds like you just got unlucky ;)

Advertisement