Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Capello

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,467 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

thebullkf wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Whats the confusion?

Breaking the Old Firm stranglehold on the Scottish title and winning a european title, with Aberdeen.

A fairly big achievement imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Whats the confusion?

Breaking the Old Firm stranglehold on the Scottish title and winning a european title, with Aberdeen.

A fairly big achievement imo.

the thread is titled CAPELLO...not FERGIE ffs.

the thread is titled CAPELLO...not FERGIE ffs.

So why no confusion about the mention of Mourinho?

The poster was discussing the management merits of CAPELLO, in a thread about CAPELLO while comparing his achievements (and the clubs he achieved at) to that of Mourinho and Fergie who managed great feats and small clubs (as well as great feats at big clubs)

So why no confusion about the mention of Mourinho?

The poster was discussing the management merits of CAPELLO, in a thread about CAPELLO while comparing his achievements (and the clubs he achieved at) to that of Mourinho and Fergie who managed great feats and small clubs (as well as great feats at big clubs)

because its not an alex ferguson appreciation society.

and josé's a better manager imo.

if he wins the league/CLwith madrid this year he'll be rightly viewed as the best ever-above Alex,and Bob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

if he wins the league/CLwith madrid this year he'll be rightly viewed as the best ever-above Alex,and Bob.

I fail to see how. Alex Ferguson has managed the biggest club in the World for over 25 years winning countless trophies. I'm not disputing that Mourinho has achieved alot, but i think he has a long way to go before he can be mentioned alongside Ferguson.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

event wrote: »
    Roma, a team who had only won 2 leagues in their history

he won a league with them, so thats that theory out the window

fair enough if you dont like him or think he's good enough, but to discount his achievements is a silly point IMO

and eventually taking them to a mid-table finish, plus not coming anywhere near to winning the Champions League. If a Mourinho, Van Gaal, or Ferguson were at that club, they could have achieved more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

and eventually taking them to a mid-table finish, plus not coming anywhere near to winning the Champions League. If a Mourinho, Van Gaal, or Ferguson were at that club, they could have achieved more.

ah for christs sake

ye claimed he had only done it with large clubs and budget to match. Someone shows you that he had won a league with a much smaller club yet you discount that cos he didnt win in europe.

i didnt know that after winning a league with a small club, you then had to win something in europe to prove yourself. He took them to within a point the following year and he also took them to the cup final.

if mourinho or fergie hadnt done it with porto/aberdeen would you be discounting them too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

They wouldn't have been appointed by Chelsea and Manchester United respectively, if it wasn't for what they achieved at those clubs.

As I said earlier, Capello's not a bad manager, but he didn't work his way up like so many other high-profile managers. I think it could be a factor for him not transferring so well to international football.

so basically, your 'confusion' was actually a dislike of Ferguson, while you like Jose so its fine to use him as a comparison.

Pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

England woulda won the World Cup with a 4-2-3-1.

/Discuss

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Lukker- wrote: »

/Discuss

They would have won two world cups if they had done this.

so basically, your 'confusion' was actually a dislike of Ferguson, while you like Jose so its fine to use him as a comparison.

Pathetic.

how is it pathetic?

josé will have surpassed fergie if he wins CL and league this year.
    in a THIRD of the time.

i don't want this to go off topic again.
    you're obviously a united fan.

btw bob paisley's record of 18 major trophies in 9 years is the real yardstick imo.

Back on topic.

I think the pressure-fear of failure coupled with the apparent power the players wield is the real problem with england.

the players are better individually than collectively-thre opposite is true of ghana,usa, et al.

i mean who the hell does terry think he is??

capello's failure was not dropping terry for his apparent mutiny.
    (i know they were struggling for cover)

his other failure was not dropping Rooney after the first game,or instead playing crouch and defoe together in the first game-Rooney doesn't look fit-gerrard doesn't know what to do as captain.

Milner is not good enough @ this level.

after the rob green mistake NOT ONE english player went over to him.
    only terry gestured to him 'chin up'

thats not good enough.

players are molly coddled @ club level and believe the sh1t in the red tops thats written about them.

i rate Capello as a manager.

i rate england as a team (individually)

wtf was beckham doing there??

tbh i'm ragin we weren't in the world cup.

to be honest i think we would've done well.:mad::mad:

how is it pathetic?

josé will have surpassed fergie if he wins CL and league this year.
    in a THIRD of the time.

i don't want this to go off topic again.
    you're obviously a united fan.

btw bob paisley's record of 18 major trophies in 9 years is the real yardstick imo.

No. Having the opinion that Jose is a better manager is fine. Your opinion and you are entirled to it.

Pretending you have a problem with Fergie being mentioned because it is off topic, when in reality it was because you don't like Fergie, is pathetic.

No. Having the opinion that Jose is a better manager is fine. Your opinion and you are entirled to it.

Pretending you have a problem with Fergie being mentioned because it is off topic, when in reality it was because you don't like Fergie, is pathetic.

thats a good boy.

ignore the rest of my post.

i don't care what your definiton of pathetic is.

now any chance of getting back on topic?

i honestly feel we'd have a decent shout if we'd qualified .

sickening thing isthe lampard thing might start the ball rolling in the use of video evidence/retrospectively even?

thats a good boy.

ignore the rest of my post.

i don't care what your definiton of pathetic is.

now any chance of getting back on topic?

i honestly feel we'd have a decent shout if we'd qualified .

sickening thing isthe lampard thing might start the ball rolling in the use of video evidence/retrospectively even?

why are you talking about Lampard? This thread is about Capello.

I don't like Lampard so i find it confusing you would mention him. Now, if you had said Messi I would have had no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Lukker- wrote: »

/Discuss

Yes if "4-2-3-1" is some sort of code for giving UK citizenship to all Brazilians, Argentinians, Germans and Dutch? :confused:

why are you talking about Lampard? This thread is about Capello.

I don't like Lampard so i find it confusing you would mention him. Now, if you had said Messi I would have had no problem.

lampard plays for capello.

badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I really don't see how Fabio can survive this. He is saying that the players are so tired, aren't all the players at the WC tired? :confused:

angel01 wrote: »
    I really don't see how Fabio can survive this. He is saying that the players are so tired, aren't all the players at the WC tired? :confused:

in fairness, i think germany had a monthlong break in january....

really makes a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

England didn't treat the World Cup seriously, they did they'd ditch the League Cup and move the FA Cup forwards in a WC year, then they'd have sent the squad to acclimatise at altitude much sooner and done that job properly and of course they'd change everything else that needs changing as well. None of which will happen to enough of a degree in the next 10 years I'll bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

mike65 wrote: »
    of course they'd change everything else that needs changing as well.
    Including the media coverage of the side if they're to have any chance. For papers and pundits to turn around now and claim that Capello can't get the best out of Rooney is just shameful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,082 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

in fairness, i think germany had a monthlong break in january....

really makes a difference.

and of the other teams still in it? is that the case too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Anyone that has been around for the last 10 odd years will have seen / heard all this before .

Latest news is that they now want an English manager.................well they already have had an English manager , and they even had more than two english managers before .

If you remember back , they had 4 english managers in the 90's .The first one was known as turnip head , and he was blamed for all losses .

afaik , its only in recent years that they decided to go with a foreign manager .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

afaik, its only in recent years that they decided to go with a foreign manager .

:eek: Well plugged into the wide world of football then ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Should never have got rid of Glen Hoddle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Should never have got rid of Glen Hoddle.

Agree 100 %

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Seems like Capello will keep his job:
    Football Association board member Phil Gartside has come out in support of Fabio Capello and says he expects the England manager to keep his job.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8773972.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

Yep, He's staying..http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8784093.stm

End of Terry's England career?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,840 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Capello would be sent packing after the WC :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Why not? He's 30, an average defender for England, and a disruptive influence. England need to rebuild their team, and get rid of Terry Ferdinand James Carragher Lampard all who will be 34 by the next world cup. Start focusing on the development of Hart, Johnson, Rooney, Walcott etc and build the team around them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

PHB wrote: »
    Why not? He's 30, an average defender for England, and a disruptive influence. England need to rebuild their team, and get rid of Terry Ferdinand James Carragher Lampard all who will be 34 by the next world cup. Start focusing on the development of Hart, Johnson, Rooney, Walcott etc and build the team around them.

You left out Gerrard :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Which CB do they blood though? King, Ferdinand, Terry, Carragher, Upson will all be liabilities by the time of the next tournament. Does he trust qualification to Dawson and Shawcross?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Statement released by english FA stating that Capello is to remain as England Manager

Advertisement