Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity connection split second cuts

Options
  • 19-06-2010 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed over the last month or so, split second cuts in the electricity supply, usually overnight or around 7am? It's enough to turn my Sky box and microwave off. It also makes my telephone beep, which is how I first noticed it.

Very odd. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Nope.

would check your own fuse board if i were you...

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Happening here too :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Probably the area you are in.
    We used to get that on a regular basis at the old house. It doesn't do a lot of electrical items, so surge protector plugs are a good idea.
    Also give the ESB a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

If there is an electric short circuit in the high voltage lines the line is momentarily disconnected and re-connected to try and clear the fault. You are probably in a rural area with overhead high voltage lines servicing your house. May be the time of the year with short circuits due to dust on the insulators etc, they need rain ot keep them clean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdcAS5i_OSk&feature=related

Advertisement