Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applying for cancellation?

• 19-06-2010 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

So I booked my test yesterday(2nd time around). Am wondering, how do you let them know that you'd be available for any cancellations made? When booking it there was option to do such a thing.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

There was a checkbox to say available for cancellation. Give them a ring and they'll add you to the list. But it can be very quick. I got my date in less than a week from applying.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I checked that box when applying for my second test but it still took 10 weeks. I probably should have rung them though, but I assumed checking the box would be sufficient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

get a letter from your employer on headed paper saying you need it for work. If you're unemployed, get a letter from an employer (a friend maybe) saying they are offering you a job subject to you having a licence. This should fast-track your application, at least is used to a few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Just apply the usual way and call up after the test has been processed. Just quote your reference number and you'll be put on cancellation list.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lawlor.08

I want to apply for cancellation how long do you think i will be waiting for a cancellation in churchtown

• Advertisement

I applied for cancellation about 2 weeks ago for Churchtown. I applied on a Wednesday got the test on the following Tuesday in Rathgar.

Wats_in_a_name did you just tick the cancellation box when applying or did you ring up to be put on a cancellation list

I ticked the box and rang up to confirm

i'll do that so thanks for the help, just have to find someone with a credit card now

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

How much notice do you usually get for a cancellation?
    If you can't make the offered date does that amount to a cancellation on your part where you could forfeit your fee??

• Advertisement
Advertisement