Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerry Ryan pay off?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Ah now come on, the man probably only earned about €10 million during his life.
    How do expect a family to survive on such pittance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

As far as I'm aware, Gerry was a private contractor. His perceived "loyalty" was probably more due to the fact that he was being paid huge money and was unlikely to get more somewhere else.. that and the stability that working with a state body offers.. I mean it's not gonna close down, and he is unlikely to be fired.

Private contractors like electricians, plumbers, brickies etc etc who are now out of work are entitled to nothing, and he should be treated similarly. If he was unwise with the huge amounts of money he was being paid, it is not the responsibility of the state to pick up the pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

As far as I'm aware, Gerry was a private contractor. His perceived "loyalty" was probably more due to the fact that he was being paid huge money and was unlikely to get more somewhere else.. that and the stability that working with a state body offers.. I mean it's not gonna close down, and he is unlikely to be fired.

Private contractors like electricians, plumbers, brickies etc etc who are now out of work are entitled to nothing, and he should be treated similarly. If he was unwise with the huge amounts of money he was being paid, it is not the responsibility of the state to pick up the pieces.

+1

Obviously it's sad that his ex-wife may be unable to continue the lifestyle she was accustomed to as a 'lady who lunches'. And obviously it would be beyond ridiculous that she might actually think of getting a bloody job, so couldn't his rich buddies he was constantly giving free plugs to on his show down the years (and getting endless freebies from) not organise a Bertie-style digout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Moved to Radio.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Bitter thread is bitter (aka the usual)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

In the Ireland of 2010 I can't see why anyone would be surprised by this suggestion. It's a similar situation to the bankers and developers who made millions during the last twenty years and now are having their retirement provided for by the shop assistant and the roadsweeper.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement