Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I the only person in the world who hates the new series?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

iguana wrote: »
    Smith's fine, he's nothing special but he isn't awful. His reaction to the Daleks in the Churchill episode was piss-poor compared to Eccleston's in Dalek, he's fine, I accept him as the Doctor but he doesn't wow me. He was actually very good last night as he was being imprisoned, he fear at what was about to happen was very good.

I think with the Daleks, Eccleston was seeing them right after the time war and it was the first time he'd seen them since. Obviously as time went on he was almost getting used to seeing them. And used to the fact that they were never really going to go away.
    I think Smith's youth worked for him as he had a desperation and terror which came in part from how young he actually is. Tennant never particularly wowed me at any point either.

Also, if you look at the Doctors many face - they run through them every once in a while - the Doctor is getting consistently younger despite the fact that he is actually getting older! :D

And this could be consistent with audiences... Younger audiences anyway... :P
    Good question. Certainly not initially, there were good bits but overall it wasn't great. I really liked most of Dalek (I hated how it transpired that Rose's soul had infected it and made it unable to kill her because she was so lovely) but Ecclestone was fantastic in that episode.

If it makes you feel better, almost the same thing happened with the New Yorker who merged with the Dalek. Dalekthingie person decides that their way is no longer the best way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Obviously as time went on he was almost getting used to seeing them

Indeed. Smith could hardly react the same way as Ecclestone when RTD had Doc 10 face the Daleks more times than he went to the bathroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tamn1962

Am I in the minority in thinking that the new Doctor Who, Matt Smith, is rubbish and irritating? The plots and characterisations are infantile and pointless?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,269 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

tamn1962 wrote: »
    Am I in the minority in thinking that the new Doctor Who, Matt Smith, is rubbish and irritating? The plots and characterisations are infantile and pointless?

I like Matt Smith and you can hardly blame him for the plots and characters as he doesnt write or produce the show, look to Moffat for that.
    TBH i think its all pretty good so far we knew there would be a change with a completely new team and so far so good imo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I think he is brilliant to be honest, i didnt think i would when i seen the trailers, but instantly liked him after the first ep. I think even the show has improved aswell, everyone has been good this season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

There's already a thread on this...

Anyway yes you're in the minority. How you think this season is more childlish when previous seasons have had cuddly monsters made from fat, magic resurrection potions, monster rubbish bins, and farting aliens, I just can't understand.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jeez the other thread is only a few lines below this one, how was it not seen?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055944793

Mods, perhaps merge this thread into the other one?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Report a post if you want a mod to act on it, don't say it on thread, they might be busy with the coke and hookers. Also good to see my theory in the last thread holding up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

mmmmmm Them's some good Coke and hookers :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Gambler wrote: »
    mmmmmm Them's some good Coke and hookers :D

I know, you took home appliances allocation :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

And I'm eyeing up Zombie survivals allocations too :P

Advertisement