Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Democracy - Where Do You Stand?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Didn't much care for it. Use your Illusion 1&2 were the best I thought!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ticketsthere

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Didn't much care for it. Use your Illusion 1&2 were the best I thought!:cool:

Should give it a few goes. If you're a fan of the older material it takes some adjusting but after awhile it grows on you like boils from a plague. It's so damn complex with soooo many layers of fantastic musicianship piled on top of each other and each listen brings a new solo or lead to the limelight. Love it!

Should give it a few goes. If you're a fan of the older material it takes some adjusting but after awhile it grows on you like boils from a plague. It's so damn complex with soooo many layers of fantastic musicianship piled on top of each other and each listen brings a new solo or lead to the limelight. Love it!

I will admit that the intro beat to 'Chinese Democracy' is pretty intense!

Faith+1 wrote: »
    I will admit that the intro beat to 'Chinese Democracy' is pretty intense!

Ah yeah, it's savage. Have you seen how they're doing it live? Brilliant!

Also, give Shackler's Revenge a go, the guitar on the last verse is just incredible, this mad rolling finger tapping explosion and it's so understated. The songs a tad nu-metalish but that guitar just sells the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

When it first came out I'd have given it 8/10, really liked a lot of the songs on it.

Now I'd give it 6.5 maybe. Too much filler, I end up skipping 5 or so songs every time I listen to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

Also, give Shackler's Revenge a go, the guitar on the last verse is just incredible, this mad rolling finger tapping explosion and it's so understated. The songs a tad nu-metalish but that guitar just sells the thing.

Agree, that is a great little guitar solo in shacklers and also the on rhiad by bumble, loved buckets bits in in chinese democracy and better and the paced up flamingo bit on if the world ,plus robins soaring guitar solo on this i love!

I can't believe i forgot to mention the truly epic solo parts by robin and bucket on there was a time,last acouple of minutes,truely amazing.

Nope, Went to see them in the RDS back in '06. Great concert except Axel kept disappering. I found out he had an oxegen tent or someting backstage. He used it to recharge his lungs, obviously it worked cos that man could still hit the high notes!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Really? I listened to Slash's record back in March and it was sooo boring. So little to get a grip on and basically the album a cartoonist would have come up with.

Chinese Democracy is an incredible piece of work, worth every minute of it’s 14 year production. No denying it's far too over produced in places but the songs are just incredible.

Everyone I've talked to (who likes it) all agree there's a handful of stick in your head, dragged out annoying ones but these seem to differ depending on who you're chatting to.

Street of Dreams, Madagascar, Chinese Democracy, Shackers Revenge, Better, There Was A Time, Scraped, Riad N' The Bedouins, Sorry & This I Love - All brilliant!

Re: the highlighted ones: all crap imo. Extremely average album.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

Has some good songs, the title track being my favourite.

Will always be Appetite and Use Your Illusion combos for me though.

Looking forward to checking Axl and co out in September.

IanMc666 wrote: »

Looking forward to checking Axl and co out in September.

Oh yes, my Dublin tickets arrived this morning :D:D Roll on the Guns!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Oh yes, my Dublin tickets arrived this morning :D:D Roll on the Guns!

I personally cannot wait for this, should be an amazing concert

I personally cannot wait for this, should be an amazing concert

Hell yes. Aside from the waiting around and endless solo's, pauses and the Live and Let Die cover, it'll be a fantastic gig. All reports from the 2009/2010 legs so far have been outstanding and the stage show looks brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Hell yes. Aside from the waiting around and endless solo's, pauses and the Live and Let Die cover, it'll be a fantastic gig. All reports from the 2009/2010 legs so far have been outstanding and the stage show looks brilliant.

and can I just say, they should have put 'Checkmate' on the album

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I like it a lot. Gets better with every listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

Posted this in the gigs section,but this **** is sounding great! CAn't wait for the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Both myself and OH major GnR fans. I was in NY when Chinese Democracy was released, so got it there. I absolutely love it while OH can't stand it:mad:. Though must say good and all as I think it is, it wouldn't entice me to see them live again. Don't think it would come close to Slane 92, I prefer to remember them at their very best, Slash n all:D:D

Advertisement