Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free to air

• 19-06-2010 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Ok iv set my FTA dish up at my new place but i am not sure what direction to face it. I am trying to get ch4, bbc, itv etc.
    I had it running at my old place so i know it works. I had a fella helping me but he on holidays.
    Is the angle South East??
    I have 'signal intensity' at 80percent,
    But singnal quality is stuck around 14per cent.
    Do i move the dish up/down, or left and right??
    Sorry if its been asked before, its doing my head in.
    PS iv no sat finder.

Oh and is the satellite Astra 19.2E or Astra 28.2E??
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Astra 28.2 east

The angle of the dish in terms of up/down is about 20 degrees. You should see the markings on the bracket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Thanks a mill, il give it a shot

The house also has a BBC arial mike.
    But bbc, itv, ch4 only comes fuzzy. Is it facing the wrong way??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dunno about your aerial apart from being surprised you can pick up UK channels at all, are you high up with a booster?

mike65 wrote: »
    Dunno about your aerial apart from being surprised you can pick up UK channels at all, are you high up with a booster?

No in the midlands, aerial is 50 feet into the air, on a pole. Its fuzzy and becomes better and worse depending where you stand:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭pitkan

Hi dusty, as stated you are looking for the sats at 28.2 and 28.5 east. If you are in a populated area then just look at the dishes in your area as most will be set on these sats which have a very strong signal. Point your dish in this general direction and with a bit of fine movement slightly left or right and slightly up or down you should lock on to the sats (THE two of which are so close together as to be picked up together) When you get good quality (anything from 60 % upwards) there is one final, small adjustment. It`s called the skew. Slightly loosen the lnb in the lnb holder on the end of the arm on the dish and assuming that you have it straigh facing the dish, just turn it slightly clockwise(not much) and this will also add to the clarity of the picture and tighten the lnb again when you are satisfied that the quality level is at the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭hugoline

put in your location in http://www.dishpointer.com, select the right sat (i.e. 28.2E) and move the pointer exactly to the location of the dish... gives you at least a good idea what direction the dish should be pointing
    (a cheap sat-finder is still the fastest option though)

Advertisement