Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

perfect pans

Options
  • 19-06-2010 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

as anyone bought from perfectpans.com ? I saw them at the taste of Dublin and was impressed by the Scottish lad's demo with the titanium type pots and pans that never let anything stick to them. The non stick surface never comes up and you only need to use a bit of kitchen towel after doing sausages and rashers, then do your eggs for instance.
    I dont know if they are really good or just a gimmick. They are pricey for a pan €100-150 for example but supposedly a lifetime guarantee. Detachable handles and they withstand heats of up to 280 c when put into the oven.
    Any thoughts would be great, or anyone who has bought from them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lorgach

I was just browsing and came across this request for info about Perfect Pans that was put up on here in 2010.
    I know that it's 8 years ago but I thought I'd give my experience with them.
    They usually have a stand at the Ideal Homes Show in the RDS.
    I bought my first one of these pans a good few years ago and found it initially to be very good, but like all non-stick pans they do lose their non-stick properties after using them for a while (1 to 2 years). You then have to use Sunflower Oil or such when cooking eggs in particular in order to stop them from sticking to the surface. The pan also gets more difficult to clean at this stage.
    I have followed the cleaning instructions, that were given to me by the guys on the demo stand and also on their website, to the letter, but the problem still eventually occurs.

They do recommend seasoning the pan before it's first use by warming it and rubbing some oil onto the surface but not to do this on a regular basis as it causes a buildup of carbon on the surface that is difficult or impossible to remove.

The demonstration on the stand looks great with eggs sliding on the surface of the pan with no oil or grease being used and the ease of cleaning with just a wipe of a tissue but I think that this would be the case with any new non-stick pan of any brand.

I have brought several of these pans back to them at the show and while initially they did replace them, as per their lifetime guarantee, in later times they started charging around €25 for re-surfacing the pan. I didn't take them up on that offer but I think that they gave you a new one in exchange and took back your original one on payment.

They were then saying that the lifetime guarantee only covered manufacturing defects. These defect problems are covered by Consumer Law anyway so it wasn't really something that only applied to their pans.

Last year 2017 I brought back my now sticking non-stick pan once again to see if it would be exchanged and as I was at the stand another woman came along with the same problem so we both argued our case. The guy on the stand very reluctantly gave us both a free replacement pan each so we were happy with that.

So it's up to you if you want to chance paying the high cost of one of these pans and are willing to bring it back and try exchange it when it eventually loses it non-stick properties with the chance that you'll have to fork out €25 each time. I’m not sure what their guarantee policy on returns is at the moment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Please feel free to start a new thread - this one is way too old to revive, and didn't even drum up interest when it was first posted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement