Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Controller Smash!

Options
  • 19-06-2010 1:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

My trusty ol Chun Li fightpad had been failing me a bit over the past few months. After a dismal performance in a mirror match last night I gave it the battering I felt it deserved. Now I am consumed with regret.... and I'm pissed that I have to fork out for a new pad or stick.

Bye bye Chun :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Don't buy a TE if that's the case. You'll have to buy a complimentary sledge hammer as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Im on my 2nd stick, let my first one drop off my computer way too much playing emulators. Buttons became unresponsive at times, and banging it with my fist actually helped, believe it or not. But in the long run that just killed it, RT stopped working, opened the stick up with a screwdriver and the circuit board was snapped in half.

Accidently let my new stick suffer its first fall last night, it better no go the same way as the first!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

How the f*ck did you snap a TE PCB in HALF??
    The thing is tiny!!

Oh well, for your second stick, I suggest swapping your quick disconnects to the following configuration:
    FROM
    X--Y--RB--LB
    A--B--RT--LT

TO
    X--Y--LB--whatever
    A--B--RB--whatever

i.e. switching to the Type-B layout.

Also, don't throw out the old stick -- you can still rescue it with a new PCB like the DualStrike from Arcadeforge.

Its not a TE, they're just cheapy Fighting Stick EX2's, I'm quite sure how I broke the circuit board inside (Thats what they are right?), but dropping it by accident a million times is the most likely cause. I still have the old one, didn't throw it out in case I ever need a spare to play Tekken lol.

And I have no clue what quick disconnects are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Best thing about the TE is you can beat the crap out of it

• Advertisement

Ah, if it's an EX2, they don't use QDs.

Bloody cheapskate Hori <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I can't help but wonder how the hell did you manage to rip the dpad cleanly off the fightpad like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Bush80 wrote: »
    Best thing about the TE is you can beat the crap out of it

My stick is testament to this, thought i broke it twice already but it keeps coming back for more :D

I can't help but wonder how the hell did you manage to rip the dpad cleanly off the fightpad like that.

I managed to do that to my best SNES controller :(
    It was the only with a good d-pad, or a start button.
    Out of curiousity, does anyone know a suitable way of repairing a problem like this?

Underneath the D-pad is a simple membrane, and the Start & Select buttons are made of this also.

I know I took apart a SNES pad (don't remember why) months ago; I might still have the Start & D-pad membranes lying around in a box somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

I just punched the dpad a couple of times and then it suddenly flew off the pad and onto the floor. At first I thought I could just pop it back into place(the way keys on a keyboard can pop on and off) then I realised that the tube connecting the pad to the mainboard was ****ed

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

get yourself some super glue for the time being

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I did the same to a PS3 pad before. :( 50 quid drop right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Ry wrote: »
    I did the same to a PS3 pad before. :( 50 quid drop right there.

021406_rage1.jpg
    raeg.jpg?w=255&h=288
    cup-o-rage.jpg?w=340&h=444

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

so i got a madcatz fight pad yesterday cos it was like 20 euro and proceeded to have one of the worst sf sessions of my life.i was losing to a dude whos only combo was jump roundhouse cr roundhouse. maybe its a case of getting used to a dpad after playing an analogue stick for the last year but half the time my down back wouldnt register even when i was clearly pressing downback. anyone else ever have this problem?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ogiekeaney wrote: »
    so i got a madcatz fight pad yesterday cos it was like 20 euro and proceeded to have one of the worst sf sessions of my life.i was losing to a dude whos only combo was jump roundhouse cr roundhouse. maybe its a case of getting used to a dpad after playing an analogue stick for the last year but half the time my down back wouldnt register even when i was clearly pressing downback. anyone else ever have this problem?

Is the little controller switch on the bottom set to DP?

IF it's LS or RS you need to set it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Sometimes those swivel d-pads need to be broken in. Takes a while for them to loosen up

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

animaX wrote: »
    Sometimes those swivel d-pads need to be broken in. Takes a while for them to loosen up

nice to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Upon reading this thread I thought it was about Cobelcog raging yet again and breaking more defenseless pads :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement