Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Affordable places to eat and date

• 19-06-2010 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭

I stopped drinking over two years ago and to start with the boredom was a killer.

I still like going out and one of my favorite spots on an evening is Howth -beautiful piers and on a nice day you can go to the Sunday Market, walk the pier and get great fish etc and its accessable by Dart too.If its really nice you can walk to the summit or cliffs.

But for a few hours out with my girlfriend for me its gotta be Wrights Findlater and the bar menu is great. Its more of a food venue then a drinkers bar early in the evening

http://www.findlater.ie/lounge.html

I normally will spend a few hours and do starter, main & desert but if I want I will do a fish & chips & coke and its 12.50

The food is mega and its gourmet at a budget.

I find it handy because I can go there with people who drink and they dont feel left out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭zero_nine

Did you meet your girlfriend after you quit? I have a theory that I want to test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

zero_nine wrote: »
    Did you meet your girlfriend after you quit? I have a theory that I want to test

Yes -why ??

Sucker for punishment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭zero_nine

I reckon its easier to get a girlfriend if your sober.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

zero_nine wrote: »
    I reckon its easier to get a girlfriend if your sober.

Yup - off topic - but where to bring them to and what to do when you get there :p

Advertisement