Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Predictions

• 19-06-2010 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Mine are Company
    Suspense
    Ratio
    ????
    ????
    ????
    ????
    ????
    ????
    ????
    ????
    ????

Dono after that

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MarkDurc

Q1.Company
    Q2.Debtors
    Q3.Depreciation
    Q4.Cash Flow
    Q5.Ratios
    Q6.Service
    Q7.Suspense
    Q8.Marginal
    Q9.Flexible with Absorption/Stock Valuation

open to debate due to all the surprises seen in a lot of papers, could well break pattern this year in many of them questions. Suspense could appear as a 60 mark as could service. Club could be a 100 marker, Hard to know what q1 might be( Im not doing it) Could see Cash Budget again in q8 or 9. But thats my prediction above anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Club will appear, better do anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

I'd say they will difinitely put one or the other of Club or Service as a 100marker on this year's paper.

I'd also say they prob will combine flexible with something in the Section3 because there seems to be an opinion that it's too easy and thats why it hasn't been up on it's own in about 4-5 years?!
    Would LOVE if it was up on it's own though?

Intrepetation is guarenteed right?.

Then I'd say they will either put on Correction of Errors, Incomplete Records or Tabulars, with Corrections most and Tabs least likely.

My two cents on the matter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Section 1 - Company
    Section 2 - Ratio, club,suspense
    Section 3 - Budgeting, Costing

Why are people saying Service firms? Would have thought if CLub don't come up, then it would be Cash flow

But, I have a very bad feeling about this. I have the worst feeling in the world that Ratios won't be there. I better be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 UndertheMatt

Is interpretation of accounts not a guaranteed question?

Q1 - Sole Trader/Company

Section 2
    -Interpretation of accounts
    -Club/Service
    -Suspense/Cash Flow

Section 3
    -Marginal & Flexible together.
    - Budgeting??!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Grace16

Well i'm completely messed up for this exam if depreciation/debtors or creditors/service or club don't come up. I haven't had a great teacher and so these are mostly all i can guess.....lets hope haha!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Princess3

1. Company A/C

5. Ratios
    6. Club Account
    7. Suspense

8/9. Marginal Costing / Flexible Budgeting

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

Princess3 wrote: »
    1. Company A/C

5. Ratios
    6. Club Account
    7. Suspense

8/9. Marginal Costing / Flexible Budgeting

And that would be my dream paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Princess3

Ashashi wrote: »
    And that would be my dream paper.

Same! If it's any different to that i'm screwed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I've studied:

Q1 Company, Sole Trader

Q5,6,7 Ratios, Club/Service Accounts, Cash Flow Forecast, Suspense

Q9 Production and Flexible Budgeting

Should be covered with that shouldn't I?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

SantryRed wrote: »
    I've studied:

Q1 Company, Sole Trader

Q5,6,7 Ratios, Club/Service Accounts, Cash Flow Forecast, Suspense

Q9 Production and Flexible Budgeting

Should be covered with that shouldn't I?
    Almost definitely for 1 and 2. I'd suggest you look at Marginal Costing for section 3, as they might mix it in with Q9.

As long as a nice Company account comes up, and a similar club account to previous years, I'll be dancing away in my seat. Get the club account right if 100 marker and get the majority of the company account out say 95 marks out of 120 then you're basically on 50% already. And if you have your interpretation well known then there's no excuse for not getting close to full marks or 80% anyway.
    Meaning, if you attempt the last question and have a decent idea on it, then you'll have done very well in the exam.

...........I am a optimist yes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

If club or service firms don't come up, I am well and truly ****ed. Then again, if club or service firms do come up I will hug my examiner.

kev9100 wrote: »
    If club or service firms don't come up, I am well and truly ****ed. Then again, if club or service firms do come up I will hug my examiner.

Service Firms are quite difficult I think and don't know them at all, so I'm basically chancing it on a Club Account. Bad idea I suppose but sure we'll see :)

Doocey wrote: »
    Service Firms are quite difficult I think and don't know them at all, so I'm basically chancing it on a Club Account. Bad idea I suppose but sure we'll see :)

Really? Club and service firms are very similar. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any major differences between them.

Really? Club and service firms are very similar. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any major differences between them.

I think there's more notes in the Service Firm and is there something about finding the Goodwill at the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Boland.

I think there's more notes in the Service Firm and is there something about finding the Goodwill at the start?

There is a few more alright and I think that Goodwill thing is Incomplete Records.

There is a few more alright and I think that Goodwill thing is Incomplete Records.

Tells you how much I know then!

Please Please Please bring a club account! :)

Boland.

Altough the Boland pick was wrong, the other three predicted poets did come up:P.

• Advertisement

Well in Clubs you have: Accumulated Fund, Income & Expenditure, Bar Trading etc.
    whereas in Service you have: Statement of Capital and Reserves (looks like Acc Fund), Profit and Loss (looks like I&E), possible Shop Trad&P&L etc.

They both have a balance sheet and the adjustments are slightly different, service is more like question 1 than clubs.

Hope this helps?.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Acc Rex

Question..what is the criteria for Section 3? can any budget that usually comes up in q9 come up in q8? and can costing come up in q9?

anyone know how much they could alter qs like suspense, club, debtors control etc? they're bound to make most questions different to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ThePower180

I am screwed for this exam, I doubt I'l even pass it!..

Im going to look at Company Ac's, Ratio's, Club/Service, Marginal Costing and Flexible Budget...hopefully if I go over them well before the exam it will be enough to pass!..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jellybaby1992

If you are having difficultly you should try studyhub on eircom, the teacher goes through a sample question and does out working, and shows you how to approach the question. found it really helped for Q1.

If you are having difficultly you should try studyhub on eircom, the teacher goes through a sample question and does out working, and shows you how to approach the question. found it really helped for Q1.

I'd love to but I can't seem to access StudyHub.
    I have 1mg broadband but that doesn't seem enough.

Do ye reckon Q1, providing it's a company account, will have the fire, or destroyed stock note?
    Hope to f**k it doesn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I'll be alright for the actual accounting part of it, but what do people know of the theory parts? Does anyone actually learn them or is it just guesswork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I just learn the answers from past theory qs. Nothing much else you can do tbh! Have no enthusiasm at all to study today. Still have to study ratios too!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sophia91

They def cant ask 2 cash budgets can they?? Like if I dont do them at all but do everything else will I 100% be grand (looking 4 a B or A so I realy cant take chances!!! Thanks!!

Sophia91 wrote: »
    They def cant ask 2 cash budgets can they?? Like if I dont do them at all but do everything else will I 100% be grand (looking 4 a B or A so I realy cant take chances!!! Thanks!!

I'm thinking you're answering your own question there you "realy cant take chances!!!"
    Since you're looking for a B or an A I'd say it would be silly to leave out any of the budgeting questions.. since they are worth 20% of the paper like, if it was to come up tomorrow and you didn't know it: instant "BYE BYE A GRADE"

Personally, if I get a C in accounting tomorrow, I will be fricking delighted!?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Sophia91 wrote: »
    I'd know the all the 80 markers inside out, it is probarly where they will throw in a trick. Take the risks elsewhere in the paper.

Advertisement