Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Predictions

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

I haven't studied accounting for months but I know club accounts, service accounts, production budgeting, flexible budgeting and marginal costing fairly well I hope.
    I'm planning on learning cash flow statements, debtor control accounts, depreciation accounts and the ratios question all before tomorrow (and maybe tabular statements if I've time)

If I get all these done should I be covered? I'm not doing question 1 btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Princess3

I am screwed for this exam, I doubt I'l even pass it!..

Im going to look at Company Ac's, Ratio's, Club/Service, Marginal Costing and Flexible Budget...hopefully if I go over them well before the exam it will be enough to pass!..

Same here, i'm useless at Accounting! Hope those questions come up!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

I'm also done in accounting. Doesn't help with physics demarra!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

Princess3 wrote: »

I'm learning them too, plus Suspense (Poorly).
    I'll take my chances.
    Worst case scenario: A C3 I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ThePower180

Princess3 wrote: »

I would love a D3!.. :)

I can kind of understand most of the stuff but I just find the subject so boring and a bit repetitive and then I just can't be bothered to do questions and revise stuff. It would be my least favorite subject so I just neglect it really!...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Princess3

Same! I'm just hoping I at least pass the exam!
    If i fail, i've no problem counting my other 6 subjects for points and i have LCVP too.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sophia91

Any1 think farm 100 or the incomplete account that hasnt cum up yet (I think its incomplete 3?) have much chance of coming up??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭grrrrrrrrrr

What do people think will come up in section 3?

Say a) marginal
    b) flexible
    c) Producton

Would one be covered if they did this or what else would one be recommended doing?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

What do people think will come up in section 3?

Say a) marginal
    b) flexible
    c) Producton

Would one be covered if they did this or what else would one be recommended doing?!?!?

I think thats enough, its all I'm doing anyway. Then again, I am taking a lot of risks in this exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

Is there much chance of cash budgeting, job costing or any of the absorbtion stuff coming up? I dont have a clue how to do them:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

I think the majority of the Accounting students are in the same boat, taking a risk that is.
    If something unexpected comes up, keep in mind that nearly everyone else will be freaking out too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Tony1130

Q1-Company
    Q5-Ratios ( probably about a loan but i hope not :( )
    Q6/7-Club/service/tabular/suspense/cashflow
    Q9-Flexible ( please god ) or maybe production if the person who made up the exam is harsh

of tht im gonna study:
    Tonight:
    -Company ( but briefly look over sole and manufacturing cos the notes might make an appearance)
    -Flexible & production budget
    -club/service

Tomorrow morning:
    -Ratios ( cos i will just forget the ratios by the morning )
    -Cashflow in a decent amount of detail
    -Tabular until 1 . 30 then ill leave so i guess tabular will be least amount

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

What should I learn for Section III tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sophia91

Do we need to know farm 100??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

hey can can anyone gimme a hand with the end of the cash flow statement.i have no problem until after i get the increase/decrease of cash.after that i am baffled as to what is going on with the change in net debt etc.

help would be appreciated!biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MarieC18

What the hell is production budgeting?! our teacher just did flexible and normal budgeting with us! no costing at all so if those budgets dont come up im screwed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

MarieC18 wrote: »
    What the hell is production budgeting?! our teacher just did flexible and normal budgeting with us! no costing at all so if those budgets dont come up im screwed!!
    Production budgeting is normal budgeting.

Thank god! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 CosmicLove

My predictions are;
    Section 1 - control(hopefully dr), depreciation, cashflowORclub/service
    Section 2 - ratios:loan, suspense, cash flowORclub/service
    Section 3- Marginal costing (with bep or flexible), flexible budgeting &/or normal budgeting.

Although I've prepared these topics, am gonna spend another 4-6 hours before the exam studying them again, I'm currently sitting here thinking I am so ****ed it's ridiculous.
    Anyone else share that feeling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

MarieC18 wrote: »
    Thank god! :)
    I know I'm great and all, but I ain't god. :P

• Advertisement

Well thank you ha! I personally feel that accounting is a guessing game!! Its hard to learn everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Sophia91 wrote: »
    Any1 think farm 100 or the incomplete account that hasnt cum up yet (I think its incomplete 3?) have much chance of coming up??

Farm I doubt it, it was up last year for the third time since the course began...

The third incomplete? Is that the one with the ratios, last asked in the 1996 exam? If so I'd have a quick look at it. It is still in Christy Tyrells book, so maybe... I doubt it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jreanor

its_phil wrote: »
    hey can can anyone gimme a hand with the end of the cash flow statement.i have no problem until after i get the increase/decrease of cash.after that i am baffled as to what is going on with the change in net debt etc.

help would be appreciated!biggrin.gif

Net debt/funds is
    Cash
    + Govt Securities
    + Bank(If its a current asset)
    - Bank(if its a current liability)
    - Debentures.

So its:

Change in net debt
    +/- Net Funds/Debt for first year
    = Net funds/debt for second year(This figure should reconcile with the net debt for the second year calculated as above)

Advertisement