Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watercooling

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

I've no idea about the quality of the tubing, but the Rad + Block + Pump are all good choices

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

You got a link to some good tubing so if get it and is not good quality.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

If you get the tubing and water additive (and distilled water) elsewhere you could probably save a bit getting the core components seperately; there's MCP350/355 pumps and also the Swiftech modded double rad with the integrated mini-reservoir available cheap on Pix, and a mix of CPU/GPU/chipset blocks too.

Only problem with Pix is that the seller that deals with the cooling items there has mad shipping charges; you might need to try and contact Pix to see wtf is going on with that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

deceit wrote: »
    You got a link to some good tubing so if get it and is not good quality.

I'm not a watercooling guy myself but I know the favorite tubing of budget builders in Tygon.

Solitaire wrote: »
    If you get the tubing and water additive (and distilled water) elsewhere you could probably save a bit getting the core components seperately; there's MCP350/355 pumps and also the Swiftech modded double rad with the integrated mini-reservoir available cheap on Pix, and a mix of CPU/GPU/chipset blocks too.

Only problem with Pix is that the seller that deals with the cooling items there has mad shipping charges; you might need to try and contact Pix to see wtf is going on with that :o

Thats why was getting it in one bundle as am okay with 15quid delivery for the lot. It says sold by pixmania.com so presumed is the pixmania group selling it? I'm only looking to get the cpu watercooled at the moment so that kit seems good even if get other tubing also if its not up to scratch.

Deano12345, thanks for the tip on dygon will look out for that also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Darkslcie

if you interested im selling my water tank, its up on adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Why Should I

Hi mate,

On less you are going to go all out, And overclock the hardware by a good 30%+.

If not then dont go for it.

Get yourself one of the Corsair H50 or Coolit ECO ALC. They work great for normally usage or even +10% OC!

PS:: If you are going to go all out, Then !!DONT!! buy one of them cheap kits. get in contact with Tom of ChilledPC.co.uk or take a look at the kits he dose. I Can't recommend them enough, I have been using him for years.

Hi mate,

On less you are going to go all out, And overclock the hardware by a good 30%+.

If not then dont go for it.

Get yourself one of the Corsair H50 or Coolit ECO ALC. They work great for normally usage or even +10% OC!

PS:: If you are going to go all out, Then !!DONT!! buy one of them cheap kits. get in contact with Tom of ChilledPC.co.uk or take a look at the kits he dose. I Can't recommend them enough, I have been using him for years.
    I bought a corsair h50 today for the mean time to keep me going with my o/c until know more about watercooling but I still want a w/c kit and want to take the pc as far as can on it. I taught swiftech where a really good make, was reading reviews on w/c and all the times they where being compared to swiftechs kits.

Next question is, Whats the rest of your hardware like?

If its a evga sr2 with 2 xenon x5660's or 980X then go a head! If not, Then spending 500 euro a good watercooling setup is not worth it!

PS:: Whats your temps like with the corsair h50 today atm?

Next question is, Whats the rest of your hardware like?

If its a evga sr2 with 2 xenon x5660's or 980X then go a head! If not, Then spending 500 euro a good watercooling setup is not worth it!

PS:: Whats your temps like with the corsair h50 today atm?

I have an i7 930, P6X58D-E motherboard, Saphire hd5870 Graphics card, only the 1gb version, Haf 932 case and 6gb ram. The rest of the pc wont bother stating as aint really important for a w/c setup minus the coolers below.

I havent installed the h50 yet as just got it about an hour before i first replied. I have an artic freezer pro 7 rev.2 in at the moment and with 3ghz its 35idle, 50-55 load and 67max in prime95 2hr run. So when over 4ghz should be a bit higher than them with a h50. That test was done a few days ago when it was really warm out and room temp was over 25deg.
    I think a w/c setup for in and around the 300 mark would suit my system much better as i'm not nuts enough to buy the likes of 980x's.

• Advertisement

deceit wrote: »
    I have an i7 930, P6X58D-E motherboard, Saphire hd5870 Graphics card, only the 1gb version, Haf 932 case and 6gb ram. The rest of the pc wont bother stating as aint really important for a w/c setup minus the coolers below.

I havent installed the h50 yet as just got it about an hour before i first replied. I have an artic freezer pro 7 rev.2 in at the moment and with 3ghz its 35idle, 50-55 load and 67max in prime95 2hr run. So when over 4ghz should be a bit higher than them with a h50. That test was done a few days ago when it was really warm out and room temp was over 25deg.
    I think a w/c setup for in and around the 300 mark would suit my system much better as i'm not nuts enought to buy the likes of 980x's.

No worries mate,

Get in contact with Tom! in Chilled he will hock you up.

I finally put the h50 on and its idling at 30-33, load mid 40's and under prime95 i've got 55 after 2hr run at 3ghz so will try get 4ghz today and see what happens. I didnt think the h50 would keep temps that low and only one fan on it so looking forward to overclocking it.

Advertisement