Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anelka to be sent home from WC plus all other France scandal

• 19-06-2010 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Breaking News on RTE after the Dutch game.

Going to be sent home after a row with Domenech at half time against Mexico, hence his substitution.

What a farce the French team are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Should have sent Domenech home and brought Blanc in early.

Where's Brady with his obligatory "I wouldn't believe everything you hear or read in the papers." :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Report just came in on RTE about Anelka having a huge row with Domenech at half time in the Mexico game and now facing a disciplinary committe in Paris to see if he gets sent home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Too good for the cnuts!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Whats the point?

They going home Wednesday anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ah, so he goes home a few days early may as well.

his coach is a clown.

the team doesn't want to be there anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Re: the row he apparently had.
    France striker Nicolas Anelka launched an astonishing verbal attack on coach Raymond Domenech at half-time of Thursday's 2-0 defeat to Mexico, according to reports.

The Chelsea forward, who has now not recorded a shot on target in 429 consecutive minutes' play for Les Bleus, was apparently criticised by Domenech for straying out of position during a goalless first half.

According to French sports newspaper L'Equipe Anelka exploded in rage in the dressing room, verbally abusing the coach.

L'Equipe claim Domenech responded by substituting the player.

The coach, strangely, returned to the team's dug-out for the second half at the Peter Mokaba Stadium in Polokwane a good minute or so before his players came out of the tunnel.

And Anelka was replaced by Andre-Pierre Gignac before the restart.

French Football Federation vice-president Christian Teinturier believes if there is any basis to the reports about Anelka then he should be sent home from the tournament immediately.

"If the words we have just heard have been used, he has nothing to do there [at the World Cup]," Teinturier told France Info radio.

Reports in France suggest a disciplinary hearing has been convened by France Football Federation officials on Saturday afternoon.

Canal+ even claim Anelka will be sent home from South Africa on Sunday.

The reported bust-up is just the latest in what has been a string of rumours about unrest within the France camp and claims Domenech has lost the support of his players.

Under-fire Domenech has brushed aside concerns rivals Uruguay and Mexico may manufacture a draw in their final Group A match to ensure they progress to the knockout stages at the expense of Les Bleus.

France have to convincingly beat hosts South Africa on Tuesday and hope there is a positive result in the other fixture.

With so much at stake it has been suggested the two teams from the Americas are more likely to settle for a stalemate rather than risk elimination.

It is not something which concerns Domenech, who has plenty of problems of his own to deal with.

"I am not bothered about the others," said the 58-year-old, whose six-year reign as coach will come to end at the same time as France's participation in the tournament.

"We have to play and do our thing and the other match is not my problem."

Midfielder Jeremy Toulalan, who is suspended for next week's game, hinted that dressing room disharmony were at the heart of France's problems.

But he admits it is time for the players to start delivering after two woeful and goalless performances.

"We've three or four days left to figure out what went wrong," he said.

"You can talk for a long time but it's the pitch that counts.

"But if we don't all make the effort for each other it's hard.

"Everyone has to do their own self-analysis. I'm not going to do it for them."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, apparently, Domenech criticized him for moving out of position, and Anelka told him to "Go screw yourself, you dirty son of a whore".Probably said it in French though.Not a smart thing to do though tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

Hahah RATM you bet me too the post :L

titan18 wrote: »
    Ya, apparently, Domenech criticized him for moving out of position, and Anelka told him to "Go screw yourself, you dirty son of a whore".Probably said it in French though.Not a smart thing to do though tbh

lol.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

The French meltdown continues...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Could be the end of his French career, Blanc won't put up with that crap

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

What did Domenech expect from a Pisces?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

I guess this means an Anelka retirement announcement is imminent. Henry won't make it to the euros either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

According to l'equipe he said to him "Va te faire enculer sale fils de pute" which is a very very big insult.

"Go to get fcuked (in the ass) dirty son of bitch" would be quite accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Fair play to Anelka, who could take any tactical advice from that moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Does anyone else think there is a racial element to this French squad disharmony? It seems like the black players are the, for a better word, 'stronger' personalities, and the white ones like Gourcuff are the 'outsiders' in the camp.

Looks like the spirit of the 98 squad didn't carry through to the next generation!

Does anyone else think their is a racial element to this French squad disharmony? It seems like the black players are the, for a better word, 'stronger' personalities, and the white ones like Gourcuff are the 'outsiders' in the camp.

Looks like the spirit of the 98 squad didn't carry through to the next generation!

Ribery must be the token Eminem-like wigger in that case, as he has the strongest personality of them all.

Of course, by strong personality, I mean he likes to shag 16 year olds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Domenech is a plank. Since Zidane is already in South Africa, and he practically brought them to the Final in 2006, how about telling Raymond to **** off and asking Zidane to be interim manager. Every French player respects Zidane, it would bring a little stability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'm gonna bet on South Africa to beat France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

I for one am glad all the 'BIG' teams are at the world cup...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Cant wait for the he walked out/he was sent home debate,:p

I wonder if he told Domenech to stick it up his ******?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

I wonder who's side Dunphy will take this time round :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,807 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Echoes of Saipan/debacle in the Irish camp.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Should have sent the whole french team home, would do them better.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Domenech is a plank. Since Zidane is already in South Africa, and he practically brought them to the Final in 2006, how about telling Raymond to **** off and asking Zidane to be interim manager. Every French player respects Zidane, it would bring a little stability.
    and if they didnt they know what theyd get :D

But you are dead right. Zizou well respected and will make a top coach imo. blanc respected in his own right though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Good enough for France, FIFA bent over backwards to get them into this WC, now they're getting what they deserve, poetic justice or what

Mushy wrote: »
    Whats the point?

They going home Wednesday anyway.

exactly. its a global recession. save the price of flying him home and reduce carbon footprint into the bargain :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

It won't bother Anelka if he's sent home. He has a successful career at Chelsea. He also might avoid the embarassment if SA win.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Good enough for France, FIFA bent over backwards to get them into this WC, now they're getting what they deserve, poetic justice or what

Im no french fan but you should get over it. Ireland would have done sfa for the world cup and had they not sat back in games they took lead in might have not needed playoffs. they did and failed. end of

• Advertisement

Im no french fan but you should get over it. Ireland would have done sfa for the world cup and had they not sat back in games they took lead in might have not needed playoffs. they did and failed. end of

You mentioned Ireland not me, I was having a dig at FIFA.

You mentioned Ireland not me, I was having a dig at FIFA.

you said fifa 'bent over backwards'?? what else could you be implying?

you said fifa 'bent over backwards'?? what else could you be implying?

They changed the format of the qualifiers as it didn't look like France were going to qualify

Ok we wouldn't have got a playoff either, but it was all done to suit France

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Am suprised that the whole french team does not want to go home, it has been a disastrous tournament for them. The players do not get on with each other and have no respect for the manager and as shown by Anelka and Malouda that they openly confront him. The fans back in France do not support the team at all and do not care how they get on in SA.

They changed the format of the qualifiers as it didn't look like France were going to qualify

fair enough you may have a point there but they still had to play two more games and they got through albeit controversially but they got through.
    But as Tony Cascarino said "they have heart's the size of a pea" and i think most decent standard nations wouldn't be overawed by them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Tipp Gunner, I'm over it personally, as much as I can be. But it opens the old wound again when we see the team that went through at our expense "play" like that. They don't give a f*ck about the WC and have no pride in playing for their country with performances like that. I agree that Ireland wouldn't have set the WC on fire, but some of my fondest memories are from the times we played in the WC and it would have been brilliant to see us there again.

On the other hand Anelka was dead right, Domanech is a muppet of the highest order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

bad2dabone wrote: »
    On the other hand Anelka was dead right, Domanech is a muppet of the highest order.
    In fairness to Domenech, he (Domenech) was dead right - Anelka was supposed to be the striker, the focal point of their attack in their system against Mexico. But he was everywhere but in the box, he just kept drifting deep into other teammates' space.

Anelka missed training today, probably sent home already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

IvySlayer wrote: »

just curious, would fifa rules allow a change of manager during a tournament?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    The fans back in France do not support the team at all and do not care how they get on in SA.

Why is this? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

bad2dabone wrote: »

No matter what Anelka thinks of Domenech as a man or as a manager, there's no ecuse for what he did. Take your critiscism on the chin and go out and give it your all in the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

titan18 wrote: »
    Ya, apparently, Domenech criticized him for moving out of position,

Anelka's head has been out of position since he left Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

bonerm wrote: »
    Why is this? :confused:
    I think it is the racist element, that they are not real French. My parents are on holiday in France and went to the local pub to watch the France game and they said the only ones watching the game were the Dutch and the English. They were telling me that no one is wearing french jerseys either and the french flag is not flying anywhere. They said that you would not actually no the WC was on if it was not for the Dutch and the English kitted out in their jerseys. The french just do not seem to care anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,271 ✭✭✭✭briany

It goes from bad to worse for France and with all that has gone before inside the team and out, it's a good riddance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    I think it is the racist element, that they are not real French. My parents are on holiday in France and went to the local pub to watch the France game and they said the only ones watching the game were the Dutch and the English. They were telling me that no one is wearing french jerseys either and the french flag is not flying anywhere. They said that you would not actually no the WC was on if it was not for the Dutch and the English kitted out in their jerseys. The french just do not seem to care anymore.

Hmmm, I guess that could explain it. Everyone goes on about the racial harmony of the class of 98 but for all that the majority of that team was white. In the final for example, there was only three sub saharan origin and two northafrican origin players on the team.

12 years on and the french team is majority is made of north african and subsaharn origin players and in this regard the are the only country in Europe whose team ethnicity doesn't even vaguely represent the population as a whole. This could be doubly an issue for fans if these ethnic groups haven't integrated properly into the country and are generally unpopular as a whole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

just curious, would fifa rules allow a change of manager during a tournament?

Good question. I've never heard of a manager quitting or getting sacked during a major tournament. I suspect that if it did happen the team would be run by the assistant - assuming he isn't out the door as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Well...Anelka DID run out wide way too much, so I think he's in the wrong here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

RTE has confirmed he is definitely sent home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I can't blame Anelka for blowing up, the lad wants to win and Domenech is horrendous. He left Benzema and Saha behind and brought Cisse and Gignac, he played a winger in the centre of midfield.

Thats enough to drive any man who cares about the team mad!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

He should have shut up and did his best in the second half. You cannot blame the manager if Anelka is not going where he should be going. Hasn't Anelka not scored for France in 11or 12 games, or sonething like that. But Domenech is playing other players in strange positions and it is very obvious that he is fault for most other things that are wrong with the team. As a squad they are simply not playing as a team, the harmony one would expect to be there is sorely missing. With a few minutes to go the sight of all the French subs behind the far goal said it all. I would be amazed if they get anything from their last game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

i cant understand the logic in brining Henry .i mean if he dosnt like or rate him and has no intention of picking him . im not too sure but didnt he leave Benzema at home.:confused: also i think the french were the only team to bring travel blankets for the bench bloody ridiculous ..

• Advertisement
Advertisement