Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anelka to be sent home from WC plus all other France scandal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

And what about every other French player? I'd say there has been around 2 French players who have had good games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dont see a thread on here, but the France team have refused to train today. Sky sports news are running the breaking news.

Flicked to the French news station to try get some news on it, within an hour, the head of the French FA resigned.

Seemingly they are reporting that there was severe turmoil in the camp after the Mexico game, obviously documented about Anelka going home, but the french chanel had their reporter stating this is not a supporting move for Anelka, but an objection to Domenech, who they feel is purposefully making a statement.

Seemingly he is not doing anything with them in training and is shrugging his shoulders at pretty much everything without a care, cant say I blame him in fairess.

Zinedine Zidane travelled with the team out to south africa to attend their games among other games, and is reported to have called a meeting with the french players, according to that reporter, to give them a bollocking.

Interesting cause i was watching that TG4 thing about him earlier, and they really are a country that just never dealt with him leaving.

If it was a movie hed strap his boots on and win them the world cup :D

Interesting enough to follow for the next few hours as developements occur.

This world cup is becoming more interesting with the gossip then the terrible football on show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    And what about every other French player? I'd say there has been around 2 French players who have had good games.

True, but you expect better from players the calibre of Evra, Anelka, and a few others!

I really thought Evra could have been the best full back of the tournament. Oh well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

TheDoc wrote: »
    Dont see a thread on here, but the France team have refused to train today. Sky sports news are running the breaking news.

Flicked to the French news station to try get some news on it, within an hour, the head of the French FA resigned.

Seemingly they are reporting that there was severe turmoil in the camp after the Mexico game, obviously documented about Anelka going home, but the french chanel had their reporter stating this is not a supporting move for Anelka, but an objection to Domenech, who they feel is purposefully making a statement.

Seemingly he is not doing anything with them in training and is shrugging his shoulders at pretty much everything without a care, cant say I blame him in fairess.

Zinedine Zidane travelled with the team out to south africa to attend their games among other games, and is reported to have called a meeting with the french players, according to that reporter, to give them a bollocking.

Interesting cause i was watching that TG4 thing about him earlier, and they really are a country that just never dealt with him leaving.

If it was a movie hed strap his boots on and win them the world cup :D

Interesting enough to follow for the next few hours as developements occur.

This world cup is becoming more interesting with the gossip then the terrible football on show

They know the football is terrible so they have to make up for it somehow.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Apparently Evra and a coach had a row, had to be seperated and the players are siding with Evra and refusing to train, at a public training session.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I wonder though if evra wasn't captain would he have been involved in all these rows, he has to stand up for all the players on and off the pitch and try keep them together which is a hard job with all those moaners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

while on one hand im delighted its been a disaster for france and is falling apart, on the other to think they are there instead of us acting like this is sickening.childish, unprofessional, no pride in their country or jersey.

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    I wonder though if evra wasn't captain would he have been involved in all these rows, he has to stand up for all the players on and off the pitch and try keep them together which is a hard job with all those moaners.

Agree that it was stupid to give him the captaincy on the eve of the tournament, but we are talking Domenech here. :D

Agree that it was stupid to give him the captaincy on the eve of the tournament, but we are talking Domenech here. :D
    In fairness, who else in their starting 11 would you give it to? Evra was a good call imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

The fitness coach walked out after a row with Domenech

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

The players approached the fitness coach, Robert Duverne, accusing him of being the traitor who informed the press about the Anelka row. He stormed away following a subsequent argument with Domenech and threw his coaching accreditation badge to the ground. The players all boarded the bus, refusing to train. Total implosion, it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

*gets ready to go to the bookies*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Domenech just read out a statement from the players saying that they aren't training because Anelka has been sent home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Kick them out and let Ireland in

;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Here's a link to the Beeb about it.

Also awesome facepalm pic of Evra!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

France team director Jean-Louis Valentin:
    "It's a scandal for the French, for the young people here. It's a scandal for the federation and the French team. They don't want to train. It's unacceptable. As for me, it's over. I'm leaving the federation. I'm sickened and disgusted."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Well Gallas thought he was the best man for the job and threw a strop saying he was more experienced. Evra was the only man for the job but you have to feel for him being associated with this.

Sky sport take on it
    France's World Cup crisis has taken a new twist after the squad refused to train on Sunday

Les Bleus have found themselves in disarray on and off the pitch in South Africa with Nicolas Anelka being sent home from the tournament after a bust-up with coach Raymond Domenech.

There have also been rumours of discontent between several members of the squad with skipper Patrice Evra accusing a 'traitor' of leaking out news of Anelka's outburst to the French media.

The French are facing elimination at the first hurdle even if they beat South Africa in their final game as a draw between Uruguay and Mexico will send the 2006 runners-up packing.

To make matters worse France team director Jean-Louis Valentin has claimed the national team is refusing to train following a dispute on the practice field.

The team arrived at training on Sunday, but the session was halted after a row between captain Patrice Evra and fitness coach Robert Duverne.

Domenech had to move in to separate the pair and soon after the incident the players then left the pitch and boarded the team bus.
    Resignation

Valentin also revealed he has resigned from the French football federation, shouting he was "ashamed" of the team.

"It's a scandal for the French, for the young people here. It's a scandal for the federation and the French team," Valentin said. "They don't want to train. It's unacceptable.

"It is for the players to tell you why (they refuse to train).

"As for me, it's over. I'm leaving the federation. I'm sickened and disgusted."

In fairness, who else in their starting 11 would you give it to? Evra was a good call imo

I'm not blaming Evra on that, but rather the lack of preparation he had for the captaincy!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I was living with a French guy and watched the Ireland vs France playoff with him live at like 2.30-4.30 in the morning. He just posted this on his FB (but obviously in french).
    I really wish the Irish were at the world cup, not this joke that represents us

same guy wanted Ireland france to be a replayed for two reasons, 1 he thought Ireland deserved it and 2 He actually said he would not have minded if France didnt make it as it would have meant that Domenech who he also called a complete joke would get sacked. The guy actually said with him in charge France would do nothing of note at the tournament (guess he couldent be 100% right :pac:).

I'm not blaming Evra on that, but rather the lack of preparation he had for the captaincy!
    Ha you're right, didn't read your post properly, sorry

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Evra is a joke of a captain, should never have been made captain at all.
    But really he suits the team.

He has no leadership, has been pathetic in both games and his behaviour in the media is embarrassing.

A few weeks ago he said they will romp it in the World Cup, now they lost, he claims they are "a small football nation". Yesterday he defended Anelka and claimed they was a traitor in the camp, and now he is having heated altercations with staff, all in a few days.

Another massive ego, no wonder these players are hated in France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

DB10 wrote: »
    Evra is a joke of a captain, should never have been made captain at all.
    But really he suits the team.

He has no leadership, has been pathetic in both games and his behaviour in the media is embarrassing.

A few weeks ago he said they will romp it in the World Cup, now they lost, he claims they are "a small football nation". Yesterday he defended Anelka and claimed they was a traitor in the camp, and now he is having heated altercations with staff, all in a few days.

Another massive ego, no wonder these players are hated in France.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Who would you have picked instead of him?

I was living with a French guy and watched the Ireland vs France playoff with him live at like 2.30-4.30 in the morning. He just posted this on his FB (but obviously in french).

same guy wanted Ireland france to be a replayed for two reasons, 1 he thought Ireland deserved it and 2 He actually said he would not have minded if France didnt make it as it would have meant that Domenech who he also called a complete joke would get sacked. The guy actually said with him in charge France would do nothing of note at the tournament (guess he couldent be 100% right :pac:).

To be honest, I think we would have struggled against the style of Uruguay and Mexico (though we would probably defeat the hosts), but it is nice to know that many world fans wanted us there, rather than this bunch of primadonnas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

French players refuse to train, FFF official quits, Evra the team captain in fight with a coaching staff.

I wonder who'll be the first idiot to start a Facebook group saying Ireland should replace them against SA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

With all this commotion I bet the French fa wish the Irish went through this is a huge embarresment for them

Sure everyone knows football is fake, this is all scripted for our entertainment. Now wrestling, there is a good honest sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Laurent Blanc may be having second thoughts imo.

Also, requesting thread renaming to The Great Big French Clusterfúck Thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

What sort of preparation would he need,he's captained Monaco and United before.He's the best choice for the captaincy by a long way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭pavb2

Well it puts Lauren Blanc in a good position, free licence to change and do whatever he wants,get rid of the dead wood and they can't get worse than this (or can they).

Two years to qualify and then falls apart in the space of 2 games due to atitude,poor performance etc. (i'm still referring to France BTW).

SA 23/10 to beat france, stuck a euro on for the craic

baz2009 wrote: »
    Obvious troll is obvious.

Who would you have picked instead of him?

Obvious Man United fan so.

Evra is part of the clique that is hated in France and they want him removed from the side. As captain I would have made Toulalan captain as he behaves properly on and off the field unlikes so many of his team mates.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

To be honest, I think we would have struggled against the style of Uruguay and Mexico (though we would probably defeat the hosts), but it is nice to know that many world fans wanted us there, rather than this bunch of primadonnas.

dunno about the stuff with regards Ireland but a lot of the French fans themselves wanted Ireland to atleast get a replay after that incident. Watching with us that night was my other french mate who is still here in Taiwan with me and he said how they got to the world cup, Domenech and how a number of the French players conduct themselves is truely an embarassment to their nation and although at the time the two of them saying that they would almost prefer if they didnt qualify due to the personal and potential for embarassment seemed mad to me I guess they were dead right. This is a very sad day for French football.

Obvious Man United fan so.

Evra is part of the clique that is hated in France and they want him removed from the side. As captain I would have made Toulalan captain as he behaves properly on and off the field unlikes so many of his team mates.

Toulalan is like Scholes, he's way too quiet to be the captain, especially in that side.Evra was the best choice for captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Toulalan would have made a great captain... he at least seems to talk to everyone in the squad

Why is evra disliked so much in France?

SM01 wrote: »
    While Domenech is roundly considered a buffoon, the players aren't covering themselves in glory either. Patriotism has been replaced by petulance and rampant egotism.

that sums it all up in a nutshell. well done my friend :)

titan18 wrote: »
    Toulalan is like Scholes, he's way too quiet to be the captain, especially in that side.Evra was the best choice for captain.
    _Bella_ wrote: »
    Toulalan would have made a great captain... he at least seems to talk to everyone in the squad
    Toulalan while not the most vocal in the squad is the only one that everyone in the squad seems to get on with. Sure Evra does not talk to a few players in the squad. That is not captain material.

Unfortunately, I'd reckon it's cos he's black.

• Advertisement

Alot of the current French players are hated in France for severaal reasons.
    Ribery, Anelka, Gallas and Evra are the main ones from what I make out. I visit a French football forum occasionaly.

Most of them dislike alot of the players such as the above. Mainly because of their behaviour on and off the field. Evra is joke in the media especially in France.

Good player for United but he doesn't do it for France. And it must be said it he is very egotistical and arrogant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Got this from another forum. Ignoring the whole "brave Evra" element (he's a United fan), this lad may just be onto something.
    My opinion is.

The French football federation knows it will come under fire because of the humiliating elimination. They already named Laurent Blanc a few months ago to say, "well you see Domenech is rank but we aren't with him, we don't have anything to do with the impending World Cup disatser !".

It continued after France-Mexico. Once the defeat was official and the Federation sensed they were out, and the public would ask for them to quit just like they would kick Domenech out, they leaked Anelka's insult (not one meant to kick a fuss in the dressing room, simply anger because he is forced in the wrong position) to France's biggest newspaper L'Equipe.

The French public starts spitting at Anelka and the spotlight shies away from the federation. That very federation that let Domenech in, and that backed him up after the 2008 EURO disaster.

However Evra comes in. The federation that tried to put the blame on Anelka and expel him, now has the blame put back on it. Evra said yesterday evening that an insider, a 'traitor' was the core of the problem. The next day he finds him : Robert Duverne, physical preparator from France and Olympique Lyonnais.

The federation feels it could be put back under fire, causing the number 2 atop, second to Jean Pierre Escalettes, to resign. If Evra had the right back up he could kick out all these incompetents, but I fear people are already turned against the players who have nothing to do with it, and deserve a better World Cup (and a better qualifying campaign)

titan18 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I'd reckon it's cos he's black.

It really isn't it is more a personal thing with Evra. But some of them are definitely disillusioned with their NT.

It is a combination of alot of things, the French are poor fans, their team is very hard to like, arrogance etc. Also colour may be slightly part of the overalll view since most French are white and the team is largely black with many. But not on a personal level.

They had no problems with the likes of Desailly, Thuram, Vieira etc.

It really isn't it is more a personal thing with Evra. But some of them are definitely disillusioned with their NT.

It is a combination of alot of things, the French are poor fans, their team is very hard to like, arrogance etc. Also colour may be slightly part of the overalll view since most French are white and the team is largely black with many. But not on a personal level.

They had no problems with the likes of Desailly, Thuram, Vieira etc.

Ya,I suppose that's true too.But when you take those players, the team was successful, this team isn't, and the racism could come out as a result of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Just heard that the French players have refused to train in support of Anelka? Anyone else heard this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Yeah the French team refused to train today as a show of support towards Nicholas Anelka who they claim was sent home based solely on what the media were reporting.

Link

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Gignac is twice the player of Saha.

Not sure about that, Saha on his day is one quality striker. Great at holding up the ball and a classy finisher. Just a pity about all the injuries. Gary Neville recently said he is the toughest opponent he has ever played against.

Thanks for that Titan & DB the whole situation is just very strange didn't the senior players fall out with gourchuff as well anyone know why? There to busy in there own world to do anything on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Xavi6 wrote: »

Evra spits at the trainer on 4secs, dirty bastad.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, this news gives more of an incentive for Mexico and Uruguay to not sweat it on Tuesday afternoon.

Hope i'm wrong and we get a more positive game!

Advertisement