Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anelka to be sent home from WC plus all other France scandal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

DB10 wrote: »
    Meh. These footballers can get stunners not matter how they look.

Anyone seen Crouch's girlfriend?? If Crouch was just your local joker working in the chipper, he wouldn't be getting a woman like that.

The worst I ever seen was Jason Cundy's wife...oh dear.

Agreed.....Robbie Keane's wife(and her mother!) is also very annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Inquitus wrote: »

Seems fairly clear in the video to me.
    Aye and white stuff comes out of his mouth, in a flem like motion. I couldnt care less one way or another about Evra, but it certainly looks like he spat at yerman to me.

If I had to guess I'd say you support united.

That's not spit, it's a hand. LOL at 'flem (sp) like motion' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

fullstop wrote: »

BBC showed a high definition version and Evra definitely did not spit

fullstop wrote: »

yeah that looks like the other guys hand alright

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

If I was Blanc, I would make sure I found out who was causing problems at this tournament and make sure they never return.

The old guard needs to be let go. Vieira has gone and to follow him Henry,Anelka and Gallas. Those 3 will be no use for Euro 2012 IMO , so time to move them and their egos out.

After that the other troublemakers no matter what the age need to be let go. So if these allegations about Ribery, Evra etc, are true then they need to be removed for good. No ifs or buts. World Class on there day they maybe but cliques, bullying , dressing room poison doesn't go.

They have a fantastic understudy for Evra in Clichy anyway. Ribery is not the only winger in France.

They must assess the egos of the young players. Nasri, Benzema, Ben Arfa were left out due to issues with certain players. That needs to be sorted or they need to be left out in the cold.

Lassana Diarra, Malouda other troublemakers. Buck up or get out.

Even without all these players they can still put together a decent team.
    Get guys like Gomis,Cisse, Mandana, Clichy , Valbuena , Gignac, Lloris, Toulalan, Diaby, Gourcuff, A. Diarra, Gouffran, Mexes, Moussa Sissoko, Briand, Remy even Saha.

That is a great core to begin with and all the egos removed. Promote in some from their good U21 side and you have a great young side to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Anyone seen Crouch's girlfriend?? If Crouch was just your local joker working in the chipper, he wouldn't be getting a woman like that.

Been told this quote from a Crouch interview, hopefully its true.

Interviewer : What you have been if you weren't a footballer Peter?
    Crouch : Dunno, a virgin probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I'm not reading any more of this thread, I think I'll just wait for the film.

I love a good comedy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    To be fair it is Ribery, it is probably the best he could do with his looks

Do you understand what a prostitute is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

would you really question her age?
    Zahia-Dehar-boobs.jpg

Age, no. Gender, possibly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

I think it is the racist element, that they are not real French. My parents are on holiday in France and went to the local pub to watch the France game and they said the only ones watching the game were the Dutch and the English. They were telling me that no one is wearing french jerseys either and the french flag is not flying anywhere. They said that you would not actually no the WC was on if it was not for the Dutch and the English kitted out in their jerseys. The french just do not seem to care anymore.

Am suprised that the whole french team does not want to go home, it has been a disastrous tournament for them. The players do not get on with each other and have no respect for the manager and as shown by Anelka and Malouda that they openly confront him. The fans back in France do not support the team at all and do not care how they get on in SA.

Was watchin French news the other morning, the WC scandals were the top story for 10 mins, they seem very interested, if disheartened. The whole thing is a bit like being trapped on a disastrous holiday waiting to get home.

France couldnt score in a brothel...oh, wait.... :)

Apparantly they are back training today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

According to Off The Ball on newstalk last week, some player(I think it was Gourcuff, cant remember) was dropped from the team at the request of Anelka, Ribery and a few others because they don't like him as a person.

This was one French journo's opinion, so how true it is I dont know. But if it is, I wouldn't surprise if it was same said player that ratted the team out.

Sounds like a nice dressing room to be in....jesus wept!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

France...

football doesn't do karma.

but if it did, this would be the best karma in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,467 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Evra spits at the trainer on 4secs, dirty bastad.

So, you gonna man up and admit you were talking absolute crap here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

What age is she? In all fairness not only does she look 20s but tbf the way she dresses as well, I mean to put it mildly underage girls that dress like that bring alot of that sort of stuff on themselves...

Btw what was this scandal and what is the age in France? 18?
    I thought it related to rape or prostitution.

She is/was 16 at the time, which is age of consent in France, therefore legal in that sense.

The illegal part is the fact that one can only work as a brazzer if one is 18+.

IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i was listening to newstalk earlier today and they had a french soccer journalist on

seems Ribery, anelka and gallas are the most hated players in France atm especially Ribery he's the worse

the latest is that french sports minister has stepped in at request of sarkosy
    souce: http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Africa/Africa-Monitor/2010/0621/Nicolas-Sarkozy-steps-in-to-quash-France-s-World-Cup-feud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

This is ridiculous.

Ireland are the only team who send home one of their most successful players from the World Cup! France robbing us of a place in the World Cup, now trying to copying our past stupidity as well. Sacrebleu!

French coach Raymond Domenech says it is a possibility that some of his players will not want to play in their final World Cup game against South Africa tomorrow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8752637.stm

the latest is that french sports minister has stepped in at request of sarkosy
    souce: http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Afric...World-Cup-feud
    Well, at least we're officially no longer the biggest embarrassment in World Football

• Advertisement

This is ridiculous.

Ireland are the only team who send home one of their most successful players from the World Cup! France robbing us of a place in the World Cup, now trying to copying our past stupidity as well. Sacrebleu!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zlatko_Zahovi%C4%8D#International_Career

More
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/19062010/2/factbox-players-sent-home-world-cups.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

bonerm wrote: »

I see your Zlatko Zahovic and raise you Stefan Effenberg from the 1994 German squad.

Amongst all the other players that have been sent home from World Cups...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Ah sure at least we always can say we would have won the WC if we had Roy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

ah jesus don't tell me he spat at him?! always quite liked Evra (for a manc) :(

Mr Alan wrote: »

he didnt spit at him read the thread and look at the pictures. it is clearly the coach's hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

no he hasnt

just look at the previous page pics.

links to pics please? on my phone, had a look at the last few pages and can't see anything

links to pics please? on my phone, had a look at the last few pages and can't see anything

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66502644&postcount=161

jaysus is that all its being based on :rolleyes:

There's nothing to see; someone on the thread just made it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I must say, considering everything that Platini did to make this happen, I take great enjoyment in their demise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

PHB wrote: »
    I must say, considering everything that Platini did to make this happen, I take great enjoyment in their demise.

What did Platini do to make this happen?

Oh god please don't tell me this "everything" is about the handball again... not saying that it is, I just am suspicious. If it is I can put you on ignore and never have to see your posts again, again not saying that it is.

I have to say, I feel sorry for Domenech. I would feel really sad if some of his players desserted him for his final game, as some are suspecting now. :(

He was man enough to give Anelka another chance, it was the France Federation (pen-pushing power-drunk fools it seems, they should have nothing to do with it) that sent him home and not Domenech. Plenty of other self-righteous managers out there that wouldn't in that situation, but Domenech understood Anelka's hurt and was big enough to take his opinions.

He has had interest in astrology, so what? For many people established religions are as ridiculous (or as right) as astrology is. Why would you have prejudice against someone who believes in astrology and yet not bat an eyelid to one who is catholic or muslim? They are all just beliefs. He's never used them in his side any more than a catholic manager is likely to play someone because god told him to. In fact listening to him at a press conference, he seems much more sensible,coherent and smart, than a lot of managers.

Look at Italy and England, both of them had disgraceful performances in their first games... WORSE I would say than France. And yet they're both odds on to qualify... I think it's extremely unfair. 0-0 against Algeria and 1-1 against New Zealand are worse results than 2-0 against Mexico, which is France's only unquestionably bad result.

I hope they go and beat South Africa 3-0 and get through, although it's looking unlikely now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,807 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Oh god please don't tell me this "everything" is about the handball again... not saying that it is, I just am suspicious. If it is I can put you on ignore and never have to see your posts again, again not saying that it is.

I have to say, I feel sorry for Domenech. I would feel really sad if some of his players desserted him for his final game, as some are suspecting now. :(

He was man enough to give Anelka another chance, it was the France Federation (pen-pushing power-drunk fools it seems, they should have nothing to do with it) that sent him home and not Domenech. Plenty of other self-righteous managers out there that wouldn't in that situation, but Domenech understood Anelka's hurt and was big enough to take his opinions.

He has had interest in astrology, so what? For many people established religions are as ridiculous (or as right) as astrology is. Why would you have prejudice against someone who believes in astrology and yet not bat an eyelid to one who is catholic or muslim? They are all just beliefs. He's never used them in his side any more than a catholic manager is likely to play someone because god told him to. In fact listening to him at a press conference, he seems much more sensible,coherent and smart, than a lot of managers.

Look at Italy and England, both of them had disgraceful performances in their first games... WORSE I would say than France. And yet they're both odds on to qualify... I think it's extremely unfair. 0-0 against Algeria and 1-1 against New Zealand are worse results than 2-0 against Mexico, which is France's only unquestionably bad result.

I hope they go and beat South Africa 3-0 and get through, although it's looking unlikely now.
    I dont think its specifically about the handball - but the seeded knocked out games after the preliminary group qualifiers - note the word seeded.
    Which I think many people thought was a complete joke solely designed to get the "biggest" teams and hence the biggest revenue into the WC proper.

Domenech has history with player strikes: (in French, but worth it if only for the head on Domenech!)

http://www.lemonde.fr/sport/video/2010/06/22/quand-domenech-refusait-de-jouer_1376622_3242.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

Is that a kimono ?

believing in astrology fair enough. but using it as a reason to omit quality players from the squad is just embarrasing

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

believing in astrology fair enough. but using it as a reason to omit quality players from the squad is just embarrasing

not embarrasing - just plain crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Domenech has history with player strikes: (in French, but worth it if only for the head on Domenech!)

http://www.lemonde.fr/sport/video/2010/06/22/quand-domenech-refusait-de-jouer_1376622_3242.html
    Wasn't that just a prank or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

If he wanted Anelka to stay and he let the suits overrule him then that's just more evidence of what a terrible manager he is.
    He has had interest in astrology, so what? For many people established religions are as ridiculous (or as right) as astrology is.
    Did he not use astrology to pick his teams? Was that just a made up story? (honest question)
    If he did use it that way then he deserves ridicule.
    It was the performance against Mexico that was truly shocking - one of the worst performances I've seen from a big international team in recent years. Anyway, it's hardly just since the last game that people have been critical of him, he's been an awful manager for years. You defending him is very weird - are yous related?

• Advertisement

LMAO Domenech!

Hard to believe thats 'Raymondo' with the tache???? He looked like Tom Selleck from Hawaii five-o esp with that dodgy shirt.

EDIT: separated at birth
    5943253955_raymond-domenech-en-1977.jpgtom_selleck.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Is there a chance that France will actually refuse to play like SSN are reporting?

If it ever did happen they should be banned from future World Cups. Their attitude and actions so far have been disgusting as it is

LMAO Domenech!

Hard to believe thats 'Raymondo' with the tache???? He looked like Tom Selleck from Hawaii five-o esp with that dodgy shirt.

EDIT: separated at birth
    5943253955_raymond-domenech-en-1977.jpgtom_selleck.jpg

He looks almost average there (if Cheech Marin is average).

Check him out at his perm-iest.....

text-raymond-domenech.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Degag wrote: »
    Is there a chance that France will actually refuse to play like SSN are reporting?

If it ever did happen they should be banned from future World Cups. Their attitude and actions so far have been disgusting as it is

Intresting African federation tried to ban Togo but in the end FIFA made them rescind it I seriously doubt they'd punish a nation if a handful of them act like prìckš wouldn't be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Intresting African federation tried to ban Togo but in the end FIFA made them rescind it I seriously doubt they'd punish a nation if a handful of them act like prìckš wouldn't be fair

Well there is a precedent of sorts there. I was reading about Chile's history in the World Cup and they were barred from both the '90 and '94 World Cups because their goalkeeper feigned injury when a firecracker landed near him in a qualifying game in '89. The keeper was also banned for life.

Hopefully players like Diarra and Clichy are given an opportunity to play, they seem to have caused the least drama

• Advertisement

He looks almost average there (if Cheech Marin is average).

Check him out at his perm-iest.....

text-raymond-domenech.jpg

DupondDupont.JPG

Degag wrote: »
    Well there is a precedent of sorts there. I was reading about Chile's history in the World Cup and they were barred from both the '90 and '94 World Cups because their goalkeeper feigned injury when a firecracker landed near him in a qualifying game in '89. The keeper was also banned for life.

you can bet dida didn't get banned for similar antics at celtic park some years ago
    back to the french farce. its very hard to see who will play tonight. This isn't a new thing in France. A similar occurrence happened with Cantona and Ginola's last game in 1993 there was a blame game over who lost the ball before Bulgaria nabbed a winner and put them out of the USA world cup

you can bet dida didn't get banned for similar antics at celtic park some years ago

Didn't that one actually hit Dida on the back tho? (can't remember for sure).

The firecracker in the Chile game in 1989 didn't even touch Rojas yet he was rolling around like he'd been shot. Plus his biggest mistake was trying it against Brazil of all teams. Couldn't see FIFA giving Brazil a ban ever for anything. They are the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Didn't that one actually hit Dida on the back tho? (can't remember for sure).

The firecracker in the Chile game in 1989 didn't even touch Rojas yet he was rolling around like he'd been shot. Plus his biggest mistake was trying it against Brazil of all teams. Couldn't see FIFA giving Brazil a ban ever for anything. They are the money.

he sliced himself with a razor blade hidden in his glove, mad **** tbh :)

If france refuse to play, how fast can we get 23 lads from boards to africa? bagsy not goalie :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,467 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rumours saying that Evra has been dropped for tonights game, with Diarra to be named captain, apparently

• Advertisement
Advertisement