Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technology, (HL) What do you think?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

In my school other lads did,

A music stage
    A horse race
    A fashion show (catwalk)
    A boxing fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

timt wrote: »
    Im doin it myself too. only did 48 pages for the folio, and got 75 in the mocks on the written. Did anyone else make a music stage?

I did that amount and I had one of the biggest folios in my class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

I do it. I wasnt a big fan of this years brief. Hopefully mine will be a little better (seeing as I am going into 6th year). There is alot of electronics theroy. Or at least thats whats my teacher makes it out to be.

A bit worried, all her work she shows is utterly perfect but the spreadsheats i produce and stuff like that flails in comparison to hers but she is a teacher i guess...

Its all about find your own style anywhos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    I wasnt a big fan of this years brief.

I'm the very same! I didn't like it at all! Last years brief was much better I thought anyhow.

I'm just wondering would it not be better if there was 2-3 different briefs, and the candidate could decide on which they wanted to, similar to the Junior Cert? :o:o

It would be better but god forbid the state take some of the stress of those undertaking the LC

• Advertisement

Final Exam 2moro! then hitting Sunny beach for the Summer :D

What's everyone studying??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

double GG wrote: »
    Final Exam 2moro! then hitting Sunny beach for the Summer :D

What's everyone studying??

ICT and Materials Technology

unknown13 wrote: »
    ICT and Materials Technology

Well be doing the exact same, is ICT easy ?

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Well be doing the exact same, is ICT easy ?

Yeah, it is easy if you study it. If you know your computers and learn off all the different terms you should be fine.

I'm sure they will be a question in Computers buses so have a look at them. another could be safety online.....

well since your asking, I'm sure you haven't really revised it much but it is probably one of the easiest options.

Yeah, it is easy if you study it. If you know your computers and learn off all the different terms you should be fine.

I'm sure they will be a question in Computers buses so have a look at them. another could be safety online.....

well since your asking, I'm sure you haven't really revised it much but it is probably one of the easiest options.

Im only in 5th year at the moment so we havnt covered any of it, was just wondering what it is like though :)

• Advertisement

I strongly recommend project management and quality management to be learnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Crow92 wrote: »
    I strongly recommend project management and quality management to be learnt.

Project management = Graphs & Charts ya?

What would be in quality management other than the attributes?

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

If you did ECDL last year or in Transition Year, you should be fine for ICT.

stainluss wrote: »
    Project management = Graphs & Charts ya?

What would be in quality management other than the attributes?

Quality and product life cycle.
    Quality and cost
    Concept of reliability and its impact on product quality and performance.

Also something to note from the Chief Examiners Report I think would be:

Candidates did not score as highly in questions which required calculations, application and use of formulae and, particularly, in questions which were related to calculations on mechanisms.

Advertisement