Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baikal Mp-153

Options
  • 19-06-2010 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,
    Picked up the new shotty yesterday and this morning set apart giving it a good cleaning and going over. Striped it back cleaned her up and put her back together.

Now what im wondering is on the under side of the forend grip coming down of the barrel theres and adjuster "Light Loads Heavy loads" I take it this is some sort of setting on the spring at the moment theres very little tension on the spring.

I'm just after some basic info do adjustments have to be made when using 3.1/2 cartridges etc.
    Any info appreciated!!!!
    Elius

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

The heavier the load the more powder. This burning powder produces gasses that are used propel the ammo and to rack back the bolt assembly and cycle another round. With a heavy load proportionally less of the gasses are needed to cycle the action than there would be with a light load. The adjustment you're mentioning allows you to regulate the flow of gas through the cycling system..open all the way with for example 28g clay loads...close all the way with 3 1/2 inch AAA ( unless you want a mighty recoil that would even make Boris who built your gun shake in his shoes ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

A starting to understand is there a special tool for adjusting the flow,
    Im a bit reluctant to go messing with it to be honest:(
    Is there a happy medium with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Slav

With the factory settings MP153 should reload anything in 28 to 40 gram range. Adjustments might be required if you are planning to use for example light 24g or havey 42g loads. In any case I would not recommend touching it unless you experience unreliable reloading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

What he said above.

I've never touched mine and never had a cycling problem.

Sound lad being second hand ill hope and pray that the last lad didn't either.. What Round are you using for the fox's John Galway..

• Advertisement

I prefer 36 gram BB's.

Scully in Athlone had some a while back, green cart with long brass, ATOM (I think) with the shops name on it. I found them excellent for foxes, gave a few to a mate and he loved them too.

Sound lad ill keep and i out! Did you ever use the magnum rounds(think thats the name)??

Yeah, I used a Remington 50 gram 0's magnum load and a Remington 64 gram BB super magnum load as well. They'll all work, but having used and paid for them I prefer the 36 gram BB load used within it's limits.

Cheers for the info lad, Just have to get out with her now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

64gram:eek:inell there must be some seriously big foxes down your neck of the woods john ;) no wonder your so keen on shooting them to keep the numbers down if they grow that big you have to use 64gram 12bore loads id shoot them young too:cool:

there should be a tongue in cheek smilie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Salvation

As a matter of interest how much did you get it for and was it the the normal version or the practical version ?

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh49-e.htm

Looking at getting one myself

I went for the hunting version, Its a good solid gun haven't had a chance to get out with it yet. Ill let you know how i get on when i do..

Advertisement