Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new monitor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭baz15

Anyone have any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

what will be the main use of the screen do you game or will it just be watching films and pc stuff

Mainly surfing the internet and that but I also occasionally play Grand Theft Auto and Pro Evolution Soccer on the computer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I bought this recently

http://www.emoiz.com/review-packard-bell-viseo-230ws

170 quid in PC world, i reckon you could get it alot cheaper online.

Its really a class monitor picture/colour wise and bright.

It has a vga and dvi connection, but no HDMI

I`d highly recommend it

Am just wondering if this monitor in lidl next week would be a good buy?
    http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20100708.p.24inch_Full_HD_LCD_Widescreen
    It is a bit above my budget but it is very big and it has full HD + it has all the cables etc
    Does anyone have any opinions on this monitor?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

And i have the 22" version of that LG monitor, happy with it as well though it hasn't gotten that much use.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 CompExpert

You should go on ebay and buy a cheap one i have Samsung synchmaster its 22' and i bought it for around 185 and i'm really happy about it. Just search.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭zappb

Why such a small screen? I think you'd be mad to go for anything less than 24inches in this day and age and you can get it at the same price.

http://www.adverts.ie/217108/hardware/splitting-my-gaming-rig/page-6/#poststart

This is a 24inch monitor 1920 x 1200 (16:10) (imho, much nicer than a 1080 vertical resolution).

While the brand isn't great this particular model is actually quite a steal IMHO because its a PVA panel, better colour quality than most TN panels - These panels would have been selling in HP or other brands for 400 - 500 quid at the time (2008).

If you google it, the monitor gets very mixed reviews. The reason is DGM also sold a TN panel version (for the same price) and you never knew if the panel was PVA or a TN. Overclockers sold this as their generic 24inch value monitor - and there was some problems with even the PVA models - http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=16834391

I would offer 130 euro for it if you where interested, and the seller says its in great condition and open to letting people view it.

I sold a 24inch LG monitor last week and it was a lovely monitor - to upgrade to a 3008wfp.

Best of luck

That one looks good but unfortunately im in mayo so would have no way to collect it.
    I think I am going to wait for the Aldi monitor to come in as it is fairly cheap and one of my friends has it and says you cant beat it for the price

btw thanks for all the suggestions lads, the LG one looks good but its still a bit over budget so I think I will just go for the aldi one

• Advertisement

baz15 wrote: »
    That one looks good but unfortunately im in mayo so would have no way to collect it.
    I think I am going to wait for the Aldi monitor to come in as it is fairly cheap and one of my friends has it and says you cant beat it for the price

btw thanks for all the suggestions lads, the LG one looks good but its still a bit over budget so I think I will just go for the aldi one
    i think you would be mad not to take the lg 24 and its cheaper than the lidil one if you add to cart delivery is on 17+189=216??? much bwetter monitor i would of taught

massy086 wrote: »
    i think you would be mad not to take the lg 24 and its cheaper than the lidil one if you add to cart delivery is on 17+189=216??? much bwetter monitor i would of taught

I have decided not to get the lidl one as its fairly expensive.

I will wait for the aldi one which was 99 euro the last time and should be back in soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Schorpio

baz15 wrote: »
    I have decided not to get the lidl one as its fairly expensive.

I will wait for the aldi one which was 99 euro the last time and should be back in soon

If i were you I would tend to avoid the LIDL/Aldi monitors because they are cheap for a reason! They will generally have very poor contrast ratios (which will seriously diminish how vibrant colours appear) and will lack a HDMI port (which should be almost standard on todays monitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

have this 169e 22'' samsung p2250, savage stuff: http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2707804/art/samsung/syncmaster-p2250-22-wide.html

highly recommend it for non-hardcore gamer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

seraphimvc wrote: »
    have this 169e 22'' samsung p2250, savage stuff: http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2707804/art/samsung/syncmaster-p2250-22-wide.html

highly recommend it for non-hardcore gamer :D

I have one size and model up from that, the p2370 (If I recall correctly). It's an awesome monitor!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

I have one size and model up from that, the p2370 (If I recall correctly). It's an awesome monitor!

if i knew it would look THAT awesome i will defo go for yours or the 24'' model:D it looks like straight out from some posh sci-fi movie!

That samsung one looks pretty good too.
    I am going away later this week but when I come back I will consider ordering that monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Dont really like those dust magnet shiny bezel monitors myself... I went for a syncmaster 2443bw myself. Lovely monitor, 1920x1200 is a LOT better than 1920x1080.

Advertisement