Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanting to sell 2nd hand PC games...

Options
  • 19-06-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Hi all, hope this is the right place to ask this.
    I have a few games that I want to sell on the PC but I'm wondering what issues I'm going to have with them.
    For instance I have Bioshock 2 which uses Games For Windows - Will I be able to transfer/change/unlink the CD-key for the buyer?
    Also will games like Modern Warfare 2 which requires Steam be able to get unlinked/unregistered from my Steam account?
    Thanks in advance for your replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Short answer - No.

Long answer - You can not disconnect CD-Keys from accounts on STEAM or Games for Windows Live. Reason being: Why would Valve/Microsoft offer this when the person will then have to go out and buy another copy, thus bringing up sales numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Fair enough, suspected as much!
    Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

yeah, PC games are pretty much awful to try trade off. I've found that trying to trade any game isn't worth the effort , you'll only get a few quid for an XBox game, whereas its probably better to keep it.

Also, with regards to PC games, they are pirated so easily its not worth the while, though personally I pay full price for all my PC games, (MOH being the latest,,,,looks to be a bag of $hit atm though , going from the beta) :eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

there used to be a bookshop on talbot street that bought 2nd hand PC games, 4-5 years back, i passed by the shop the other day, so its still there, but no idea if the chap still takes games or not. That was the last place i ever sold any pc games, wonder if he still has my copy of battle for dune :D

Advertisement