Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping in Wickow/Brittas

• 19-06-2010 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, i am looking to go on a camping weekend in wicklow. We are thinking of heading to Brittas bay. Does anyone know of the situation for camping there?

Can you just pitch a tent in a field/dunes close by, and not get in any trouble for it? Has anyone done it there? Are there usually many dodgy characters around?

Could you suggest other places to camp for people in their ealys 20s?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kingers

Was thinking the same thing, went for a walk in the dunes for about 1km north of the North beach but any places were next to camping sites and i'm not sure if the owners would be cool about it. There may be places further north but its a long hike.

Haven't explored south of the north beach very far but I saw a security camera on a telegraph pole in the dunes a few hundred metres to the south.

Anyone got a good quiet spot we'd be all ears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

might be worth posting in the "Outdoor Pursuits" forum (its under "Sports") - that's where all the camping types seem to hang out.

Advertisement