Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

companies that will build to your exact spec, exist?

Options
  • 19-06-2010 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

Is there such thing as a custom pc builder, where a person could send a company a list of components then the company could send a price quote back . Assume the customer is happy with the price, the company builds the pc and delivers. Does this kind of service exist?

I know the inevitable question of " why not build it youself?" will be asked. To put a long story short; I hate building pc's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Hardwareversand would do that for you. You just pick the parts on the site and think there is a small build charge for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Does that also including installing the OS/SW aswell? or without any OS? I ask as I have the OS installation....

W.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Does that also including installing the OS/SW aswell? or without any OS? I ask as I have the OS installation....

W.

Can buy it without an OS installation, it is another optional extra..

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭zappb

marco_polo wrote: »
    Can buy it without an OS installation, it is another optional extra..

someone like www.marxcomputers.ie will do this for you, but it will be a bit more expensive, (including OS install btw) - they have a walk in shop in fairview / clontarf, i've had nothing but good experiences with marx over the last 10 years or so,

Elara.ie dont do it anymore but they will arrange a system builder to quote you,

Is it just me, or is there a commercial opportunity for a computer builder that knows where to buy things - or mix and match parts from different etailers and then build the pc for someone?

Advertisement