Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hewitt College

Options
  • 19-06-2010 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Hey sorry if this is in the wrong forum but -
    Does anyone go to Hewitt College? And if so, is it worth repeating the Leaving cert there??!! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

What subjects will you be doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

I only wanna do 6 -
    Eng, His, Bio, art, Irish, french

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

Art and history are after normal school hours, I believe. (still within typical study hours). And for the other subjects, you wouldn't find better teachers anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

I dunno...a friend of mine went to Bruce and Hewit.

He said Hewit had more of a craic,but he got more done in Bruce.

I've heard complaints about the school being cramped and such.

tbh I'd go to Coledge of Com :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Very cramped alright, but the standard of teacher is pretty high. History is after normal times but the teacher I had was absolutely brilliant (assuming he is still there), from West Cork iirc. Can't remember his name - in general the only 'poor' teacher I had was for Classics. English teachers were very good as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rugbyheadd1

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 get thee to a nunnery!!!

Patricia McGrath is a legendary French teacher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

Seloth wrote: »
    tbh I'd go to Coledge of Com :pac:

I went there, for the (1 year) Adult Leaving Cert. The teachers were very hit and miss. Many were excellent some were dire. My English, History and Maths teachers were excellent. So much so that I understood and 'got' maths for the first time ever and developed a love of History. My Geography teacher (a Tourism teacher by trade, no idea why she was teaching Geography) on the other hand... well, I don't want to say too much here but she was useless. Her [lack of] ability to teach Geography caused me to quit attending her classes so I could use that class time to learn instead. Particularly disappointing to me as it was one of the few subjects I enjoyed at school first time round. Hopefully CoC has sorted out this problem in the years since however.

Advertisement