Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting conundrum (or question, just wanted to sound fancy)

• 19-06-2010 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Can someone just check for me if they have done the 2007 service firm for HL, the revaluation looks wrong to me.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Are Service Firms Due?
    Thought it was Club Accounts all the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

Just doing one to be sure to be sure, but it seems they gave the wrong figure for buildings, given the answer I got.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I did this question yesterday. It worked out fine for me.

OP, you might have forgotten that the buildings were extended by €70000 before the revaluation!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

I did this question yesterday. It worked out fine for me.

OP, you might have forgotten that the buildings were extended by €70000 before the revaluation!

Ahhhh there it is, bloody hell, I keep missing those little things. It makes sense now, they didn't even show it in the workings. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Princess3

I hope it's Club Accounts :) Anyone else doing Ratios?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Ashashi wrote: »
    Ahhhh there it is, bloody hell, I keep missing those little things. It makes sense now, they didn't even show it in the workings. Cheers :)

Club and service accounts are notorious for 'hidden items' like that. Think of the R&P account as a bank statement or a cash book. As you read through the question, star any significant hidden items ( eg loan interest due, purchase of equipment etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Grace16

Princess3 wrote: »
    I hope it's Club Accounts :) Anyone else doing Ratios?

No but i wish i had of done them in class before....it's just the notes that get me haha

In Ratios you mean Interpretation? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Princess3

Yeah exactly!

They're a dead cert our teacher told us, and she usually doesn't say them things unless they are indeed definitive to appear.

I'm going with Company, Club, Interpretation and yet to decide on the last question...

Would be a dream paper if I got all those three to start!

• Advertisement
Advertisement