Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heading Powder

• 19-06-2010 5:57pm
    Subscribers Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever used this http://homebrewwest.ie/heading-powder-meb-40-pints-486-p.asp

If so, how'd it go? How did you mix it in? I bought it and was planning on using it, but I'm a bit apprehensive now... It says to mix with 80 ml of water a day before adding to beer and bottling. I've mixed it with water and it's like thick glupe, nearly like gelly, could only imagine a fair bit of stirring would be required..which would involve racking before bottling, which I can't do (only one fermenting bucket) and also would involve the danger of reintroducing oxygen which could obviously ruin the batch...think I'll scrap it!

I asked homebrewwest themselves and they said they've never used it and aggreed with my apprehensions, seems like a cheap gimmick or something!
    (only cost a euro)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

I can't say I have ever heard of anyone using this stuff. Why do you think you will need it? Any beer will form a head without special additives, unless there is something wrong.

Advertisement