Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Denmark -v- Cameroon, 7:30pm RTE & ITV HD

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Second time they've referred to Kjaer as good looking on RTE now :P

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

What a goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Great finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

What a beauty!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

great goal

and heres me thinking he'll **** it up, he usual does and bang great goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,579 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Did anyone see that Cameroon supporter with the comically large sunglasses and top hat?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

They should put George on retainer, he predicts the promo for the games tomorrow may get Denmark a goal again and it does a minute later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

God Essou Ekotto (spelling?) is getting burned all night! Great Goal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

mmmm danish.

Carry on.

• Advertisement

That was quite a blow to the head >.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Very enjoyable game...Cameroon are so wasteful with the ball in front of goal. They should at least be level if not in front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

As Jim Beglin said it's like Keystone cops! Free kick now...

And like the majority of them so far, right into the wall...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

that 18 yr old for Cameroon looks very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

best game so far

what a flacid header.

Great match though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Cameroon are well on top but the Danes are just shutting up shop and inviting it on, good value for the win if they can hold on!

LOL @ Flacid

so why was the keeper given a yellow? ESPN wasnt watching the field.

Shame to see Cameroon going out....not many people would have predicted that they would be the first team eliminated from the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Hard luck to Cameroon. Committed til the end. Frustrating as hell though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Cameroon were unlucky not to get a draw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Great game. Feel very sorry for Cameroon. Played very very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A proper Prem League game of football that was. You can keep your tippy tappy shiote

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

lmao at Brady basically telling Bill to shut up about his point about African teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ya its a pitty bout Cameroon if only they could of done this in the first game.
    Thats what cost them the crazy team set up for the first match cause they looked decent tonight on another day couple of won by a couple.

Denmark though scored two good goals and themselves could of had one or two more so id say they will get out of the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,817 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mike65 wrote: »
    Cracking in the sense of some really bad open football, as opposed to bad closed football last night.

Yeah very entertaining and exciting when 2 mediocre teams play that open a game. I agree - not great football though. I don't think I've ever seen a match at at WC where so many mistakes were made and possession was lost.

Cameroon the first to go home is sure not a reflection of the hard work and effort of this evening. Sorry to see them go. That said, Holland is the first to qualify for the last 16 with a match to spare and their best player by far not even used yet. Can't say I'm unhappy with that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Dutch have been throughly mediocre so far though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

unkel wrote: »
    Yeah very entertaining and exciting when 2 mediocre teams play that open a game. I agree - not great football though. I don't think I've ever seen a match at at WC where so many mistakes were made and possession was lost.

Cameroon the first to go home is sure not a reflection of the hard work and effort of this evening. Sorry to see them go. That said, Holland is the first to qualify for the last 16 with a match to spare and their best player by far not even used yet. Can't say I'm unhappy with that :)

Aren't Argentina the first to progress to the last 16 with a game to spare?

mike65 wrote: »
    The Dutch have been throughly mediocre so far though.

You've used the wrong word Mike. They've been adequate. And no, their games weren't exciting, they were boring at best. They are through to the last 16 though. And the first to do so. Not mediocre. Efficient.

As we all know, any team through to the last 16 can win it. I've seen so many people giving out about Brazil (again!) but what always surprises me that regulars here (who must be into their football????) never seem to get that Brazil only ever put in an effort to put them through. They don't aim to please. Why would they? They don't have to. I can see them win this tournament alright :)

mars bar wrote: »

No Argentina could still be knocked out if some crazy results happened (they would have to be hammered by Greece and Korea would have to hammer Nigeria). The Dutch are the only team guaranteed a second round berth so far

mars bar wrote: »

No. 2 wins are no guarantee to progress. The same as Holland did not have a guarantee to progress after they won 2 games. After that it took a Denmark draw or victory over Cameroon to guarantee Holland would go through.

So far the first country for sure to go home is Cameroon. The first country for sure to go through to the last 16 is Holland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

namloc1980 wrote: »
    No Argentina could still be knocked out if some crazy results happened (they would have to be hammered by Greece and Korea would have to hammer Nigeria). The Dutch are the only team guaranteed a second round berth so far

Ah right...thanks!

namloc1980 beat me to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Feel bad for Cameroon , they deserved more, don't think Denmark deserved to win that tbh ...

Advertisement