Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kim Jong Il Strikes Again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

its a skit from a portugese tv show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Who cares , its funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

Utter nonsense.

You know I really wish people would leave the politics out of it. Yes North Korea is a theocratic dictatorship that brainwashes its people but this is football and these guys playing for their country, regardless of their political ideology, are doing their best and judging them by their performance against Brazil they're one of the most hard working and honest teams I've seen in a long time.

And just to add, they do brainwash their people but its a very specific field. They don't hide sports results or current world affairs from their people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

monosharp wrote: »
    Utter nonsense.

You know I really wish people would leave the politics out of it. Yes North Korea is a theocratic dictatorship that brainwashes its people but this is football and these guys playing for their country, regardless of their political ideology, are doing their best and judging them by their performance against Brazil they're one of the most hard working and honest teams I've seen in a long time.

And just to add, they do brainwash their people but its a very specific field. They don't hide sports results or current world affairs from their people.

Here you go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

My half time report for those who missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

These invisible phones that their manager uses to talk to Mr Il during matches, Anyone know where I can get one.
    North Korean manager Kim Jong-Hun reportedly gets coaching advice directly from the country's diminutive dictator via an invisible cell phone

http://abcnews.go.com/International/world-cup-2010-north-korean-coach-talks-kim/story?id=10931655

Utter nonsense.

Oh gimme a break , its a bit of light hearted humour .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I found a supplier for the phones, they look really cool heres a picture of one.

spacer.jpg

Class or what? If anyone wants one I can do them a good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Great highlights. Maicon was crazy to try a shot from that angle (especially against the worlds best defence).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Brazil never had a chance tbh. Delighted North Korea won...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Well, this speaks for itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

Hoki wrote: »
    Oh gimme a break , its a bit of light hearted humour .

And thats fine but how about a bit of respect for these players ? So what the countries leaders a raving lunatic. Is that an excuse to take the piss out of the whole country every single time you mention them ?

The thread about Korea vs Brazil posted a picture of Kim Jung-Il from Team America instead of a picture of some very hard working athletes who gave everything to get to this world cup and who deserve more respect then the snide childish rubbish the worlds throwing at them.

Just look at the video above where these lads have to train in a public gym and they still hold their heads high.

The way these lads played Brazil and the passion they showed have shamed most other teams in this competition so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

The language is Japanese.

And thats fine but how about a bit of respect for these players ? So what the countries leaders a raving lunatic. Is that an excuse to take the piss out of the whole country every single time you mention them ?

The thread about Korea vs Brazil posted a picture of Kim Jung-Il from Team America instead of a picture of some very hard working athletes who gave everything to get to this world cup and who deserve more respect then the snide childish rubbish the worlds throwing at them.

Just look at the video above where these lads have to train in a public gym and they still hold their heads high.

The way these lads played Brazil and the passion they showed have shamed most other teams in this competition so far.

I hope your enjoying your stay at the peak of moral highground, no one is disrespecting the players . Its a funny video thats not meant to be taken too seriously although that seems to be lost on you and a few others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Hoki wrote: »
    I hope your enjoying your stay at the peak of moral highground, no one is disrespecting the players . Its a funny video thats not meant to be taken too seriously although that seems to be lost on you and a few others.

You can't have a sense of humour anymore. It might offend some people.

Advertisement