If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interesting problem with pfl5605h

Options
  • 19-06-2010 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I picked up the newly released 5605 model today and am in the process of setting everything up. I have the following bits connected

HDMI 1 - Sky + (new HD box)
    HDMI 2 - DVD player
    HDMI 3 - Xbox 360
    VGA - Mac Mini

The HDMI 3 and VGA connections are giving me problems, basically I'm getting a "no video signal" message for both the mac mini and the xbox?

I swapped the HDMI connections around i.e. dvd player from HDMI 2 to HDMI 3 and it worked fine, but the xbox wouldnt work in HDMI 2?

Therefor the HDMI's are clearly working, so I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong with the settings? Anyone got any ideas ? The user guide is a little light ;0)

That said the HD channels on sky box look STUNNING on the screen.....have to invest in a blue ray player soon.

thanks
    B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Bruce,

hmmmmm thats a bit weird. I might have to ask you to wait till tomorrow. I'll have a mess around with my Xbox 360 tonight and see if there's anything in the settings that could be causing this (like setting which output the xbox talks to) and get back to you tomorrow. As for the Mac Mini I'm afraid I don't have one however I would check what res its outputting at. Maybe lower the res and see if that works. Something like 1280 x 760 and then slowly begin to increase it back up if you begin to get a picture. Also not sure if the mac has a graphics card suite but if it does you could open it and choose what you're outputting to (like an LCD TV). I know you can do this on my PC but not sure about the mac interface.

Anyhoo I'll check out what I can tonight and post here tomorrow. Enjoy the football in the meantime. :D

Thanks, Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

cool, thanks for that, both the mac and xbox worked with no issues on my previous lcd, so I just assumed it would be plug and play. I suspect your right on the output res on the mac. I'll play with that this afternoon.

Not a big fan of the footie, so happy to waste away hours tweeking the tv and other bits. A welcome distraction from the media onslaught of the world cup.

B

according to the onscreen help the resolutions supported by the VGA are
    640 x 480 @ 60Hz
    800 x 600 @ 60Hz
    1024 x 768 @ 60Hz
    1360 x 768 @ 60 Hz

I've tried all these res....and still no video signal error.

any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Bruce,

Have left you a quick voicemail.

Give me a buzz back when you can on (01) 474 0788.

Thanks, Nicola

Problem solved, turned out to be a simple cable issue ??

Big thanks to Nicola from the Phillips store for their excellent customer service.

B

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.