Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agricultural science experiments LC

• 19-06-2010 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hey guys,

Was wonderin if anyone has any information about the agricultural science experiments, cause my teacher didn't bother teachin em to us! HELP :D.... Im rightly screwed lads!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

Hey guys,

Was wonderin if anyone has any information about the agricultural science experiments, cause my teacher didn't bother teachin em to us! HELP :D.... Im rightly screwed lads!

well, experiments only reaaally come up in 1 question, (except for the nod one in the soil question) so I don't think it's VITAL you know them all. I think that the Ag Science revision book has all of them in it though..:)
    If your doing the experiments question, I think each experiment needs 6 valid points to get full marks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

ajjmk wrote: »
    well, experiments only reaaally come up in 1 question, (except for the nod one in the soil question) so I don't think it's VITAL you know them all. I think that the Ag Science revision book has all of them in it though..:)
    If your doing the experiments question, I think each experiment needs 6 valid points to get full marks :)
    There Q 3 every year!?:p

AND^^^ there's like 50+ of them so just find an ag science book of some sort or do the Q3s from the exam papers. (I think they're Q 3 anyway:rolleyes:)

Q 4 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Hey guys,

The experiments are largely confined to Q4 on the paper every year. That's not to say that an experiment can't be asked in another question - Q2 Soil often contains one as was already mentioned. Go and get your exam papers. Have a look at Q4 for each year. Make a note of the experiments asked each year. Some will have been asked in several years.

In Q4 if you choose to do it, there will be a list of 4 experiments and you must describe two. That's a very good choice. You must have 6 relevant points (write as many as you can think of) in the experiment. Do not forget to mention a control if there is a suitable one, this will nearly always count for one relevant point and also a time factor (Eg. Leave for 24 hours/1 week etc) Time is nearly always a factor in experiments. Assume the examiner that will read your answer is an idiot and has never done the experiment before, and they will have to perform the experiment based on your explanation. This will ensure you do not leave out any detail. you can get marks for a point if it is explained by the use of a labelled diagram also.

Have a look at the marking schemes on examinations.ie for the method for each experiment in the exam papers. You will see what gets marks and what doesn't.

Your post does beg the question: How could you have not done any experiments when almost half the marks for your practical project was for experiments in six different sections of the course?
    ajjmk wrote: »

You must be sitting a different exam to everyone else doing ag science. Q1 is all short questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

I wish I had done this subject. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Get out your book and past papers, learn everything thats come up in q4 over the past 10 years, sorted! The rapid revision book is great for expts. too.

Check the marking scheme on www.examinations.ie to get an idea for what and how much info is expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

You must be sitting a different exam to everyone else doing ag science. Q1 is all short questions.

Noooo, I didnt say question 1, I said 1 question! I probably should have said one question to make the differentiation - I couldnt remember which question had all of the experiments, but I knew there was only one of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

I think I might just cover all the soil ones,and some food ones and leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fairyprincessx

If I were you, I'd only do the soil ones. Q4 is easy to get marks in if you have the info, but at this stage I'd concentrate on the rest of the course and just leave out Q4, there's a fair bit of choice on the paper. But thats just my opinion! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Fete

Just learn the soil experiments. They're in the book and are fairly easy.
    Our teacher covered about 15 with us but there are way too many to bank on answering the experiment question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 simbathelion

Sound for the info

• Advertisement
Advertisement