Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet service a real pain

• 19-06-2010 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I signed up recently with Magnet and I am in deep pain since.

The modem today is not working and I have no phone. I did left the house and everything was working but now is saturday at 16.30 and I can not use my broadband and worse my phone is gone as well.

I called customer care but they are already close.

I have the tesley modem but I think is locked down but I can not do anything with it. I do not even know what is wrong with it.

I though that when the ADSL goes down the phone-line will stay up, I can
    not even do emergency calls!

On the modem the yellow line keeps blinking and it is not providing any IP to the elements of the network.

Anyone can gide me on how to trouble-shoot the tesley?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

eskothor wrote: »
    Hi all,

I signed up recently with Magnet and I am in deep pain since.

The modem today is not working and I have no phone. I did left the house and everything was working but now is saturday at 16.30 and I can not use my broadband and worse my phone is gone as well.

I called customer care but they are already close.

I have the tesley modem but I think is locked down but I can not do anything with it. I do not even know what is wrong with it.

I though that when the ADSL goes down the phone-line will stay up, I can
    not even do emergency calls!

On the modem the yellow line keeps blinking and it is not providing any IP to the elements of the network.

Anyone can gide me on how to trouble-shoot the tesley?

Thanks in advance.

The Telsey has no interface or options. They set it into bridge mode and that's it. Troubleshooting consists of powering it on and off.

Another modem would at least allow some info gathering such as line stats and sync state. You may possible be able to get this working in bridge mode in the same way as the Telsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 eskothor

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I checked the telsey website and the modem is actually a nice piece of kit, you can configure it over SSH2 or a nice HTTP GUI, unfortunately Magnet has refused to provide me the login details of my own router!!

On this, it feels unreal that magnet has unilaterally decided that would not allow control of the home router to their owners, not even to advanced users upon request.
    Guys, this is nowhere stated on their terms and conditions neither in the offers on the website.

Come on guys!! I understand that they do not broadcast these details on the documentation but upon request these should be available!!
    Comon sense?

They offer a "free" modem but really it doesn't come for free. Its like having a piece of blackbox kit at home that is useless.

Treating the customers like idiots will lead the customers to behave as such ultimately forcing the customers to switch over to more transparent companies.

Neither Eircom, irishbroadband or digiweb treat, on my experience, their customers like this.

It is really sad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Never had any problems with magnet. Not one. As for Eircom, Irishbroadband and digiweb? Lets just say there's an abundance of problems with each of those providers.

Now, how have you been treated badly exactly? What did they say to you? You haven't really given the full story me thinks. What is their reason for not giving you the log in details for your router?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

eskothor wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I checked the telsey website and the modem is actually a nice piece of kit, you can configure it over SSH2 or a nice HTTP GUI, unfortunately Magnet has refused to provide me the login details of my own router!!

On this, it feels unreal that magnet has unilaterally decided that would not allow control of the home router to their owners, not even to advanced users upon request.
    Guys, this is nowhere stated on their terms and conditions neither in the offers on the website.

Come on guys!! I understand that they do not broadcast these details on the documentation but upon request these should be available!!
    Comon sense?

They offer a "free" modem but really it doesn't come for free. Its like having a piece of blackbox kit at home that is useless.

Treating the customers like idiots will lead the customers to behave as such ultimately forcing the customers to switch over to more transparent companies.

Neither Eircom, irishbroadband or digiweb treat, on my experience, their customers like this.

It is really sad!

Can I contact you on this? Can you PM me and we can look into the issue?

Advertisement