Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bureau de Change in Dublin Airport

Options
  • 19-06-2010 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭

Just letting everyone know that if they are changing any not so common currencies in the airport (pretty much the only place these days) make sure you ask a few of them.

Was heading to Argentina and I just went to the one nearest the door I came in and got it some Euros changed into ARG pesos and some US Dollars.

My OH went in a different door and went to the one nearest him. He came up to me in a panic saying we couldn’t get any ARG pesos. I produced my wad of cash to his amazement.

The guy had told him it was impossible to get ARG pesos outside of Argentina. That may have been true after the crisis in 2001 but the other place certainly didn’t seem to have a problem!

So basically a lesson in double checking. Might save even one person from a bit of panic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

would suggest ringing up before you go anyway and they should be able to tell you what they stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Just to ask.
    Does any of these Bureau de Change operate anywhere over Ireland outside airports?
    I can't find any of them in Irish towns.

Also would exchange rates be better then in banks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FockRoysh

OP, which desk did u go to in the airport? I'm heading to Argentina myself in a couple of weeks and am resigned to the fact that the airport is the only place I'll be able to get Pesos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

It was the one facing the check in desks not the one facing towards the 'ends' of the building.

So sorry for the terrible description!!!!!

Just a little tip if your taking money out while there: use a Citibank instead of the others and there isn't the 3 euro charge charged by the Arg banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Oh and US Dollars are pretty much accepted everywhere so bring those too.

But despite what some Argentines might tell you, you as a foreigner can't get them out of the ATM!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement