Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I get a HTC USA attachment for my charger

• 19-06-2010 8:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭

Here is the charger I have for my desire, can you buy different parts for the charger ? couldn't see any online. Thought that this would be handy for hoilday trips.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Any USB power plug will work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

JustinOval wrote: »
    Any USB power plug will work.

If you look at the picture I'm looking for an attachment to the plug I already have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Sorry, I thought you wanted a charger you could use in USA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I'm just going to use a travel adapter no point in forking out more money unless that is you are going for a long time.

PS you'll only have 2g reception there I think.

Just couldn't find that attachment for the charger online (even if it's a waste of money ;)

Ah please say I can have 3G over there !!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    Just couldn't find that attachment for the charger online (even if it's a waste of money ;)

Ah please say I can have 3G over there !!!:eek:

Don't think you can unfortunately, as the Desire wasn't released over there they have different frequency bands in it than say the Nexus One.
    Bit annoying alright, I'm heading there soon too but I'm hoping there will be plenty of free wifi around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Keith is correct 3G definetly wont work as you simple don't have the correct frequency radio for it. The Nexus One has a quad band 3G radio whereas the Desire only has a tri band radio, so it should work everywhere except the US. AFAIK though you should still be able to use the 2.5G EDGE network, obviously won't be as fast but it should be useful for getting around over there.

Thanks for that, the edge will be fast enough for me, and I always have WiFi when I really need speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Data plans are insanely expensive in the USA compared to Ireland anyway, you won't want to be using it that much...

I'm in Maine right now, my Nexus One is feeling rather forlorn without any affordable internet plans :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

With vodafone bill you can use it as much as your bundle provides in the usa without any extra cost.

I would love to see others connection ends for the charger too - specifically for the contintent. Maybe it might be better to just purchase another charger for the US? They are probably cheap on ebay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement