Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of joining garda reserves

Options
  • 19-06-2010 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Im thinking of joining the garda reserves
    Can anyone tell me a bit about them?
    Do they get paid anything?
    Will i be able to do it in my own county
    What exactly would i be doing if i got in?
    How many hours a week is it?
    Would i be waiting long for the interview etc?

Im 25 now and i failed my maths in my leaving cert would that be a big factor in it?
    If so is there a way around it?
    I want to increase my chances of getting into an garda siochana
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Each of your questions are answered in the threads. Start reading!

Pay? Minimum of 208 hours work per year gets you a gratuity of around €1000
    County? Depends. Usually you're stationed in a 24-hour stationed 30 minutes journey from your home address
    Hours? Works out at 4 hours a week or do a full tour (8 hours) every 2 weeks
    Wait for an interview depends on when you apply and when the next round of interviews are on
    As for maths, read the entry requirements. If you failed, chances are you'll have to sit LC maths again

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I agree.

25 - please start searching these forums for answers to your questions. You'll find it has been asked and answered a few times over. Starting new threads asking the same questions that have been asked and answered over and over will eventually lead to people ignoring you altogether.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement