Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there such a thing as bicycle lessons in Dublin??

Options
  • 19-06-2010 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭

I want to learn to use a bicycle.

Theres lots of stuff online about motorcycle lessons in Dublin, thats not what I'm after - just a plain old ordinary bicycle. Anyone any ideas if they do adult lessons?

Crazy I know, but I nearly killed myself when I was learning to cycle as a kid (think head + concrete gatepost) so I got a small bit of a fear of cycling. I want to overcome that, and maybe some form of lesson would go down well. Does something like that actually exist or is it too crazy???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I wouldn't think there is anything like that to be honest.

Get on, cycle, stay off the footpath :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

I doubt there is anything like that.

Its just something that you get thought by your dad as a kid.

If you did it then, you can do it now. Just go somewhere where there is nobody about and practice to build up courage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

There is a big difference between how to ride a bike and then how know the basic rules of the road.

I learned how to ride a bike when I was 6 but it was another 4 years before the old man let me cycle on a public road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Best place to get an empty road is industrial estates on sundays, the roads are usually new enough too and so in decent condition. I saw 2 lads around 50 or 60 racing remote control cars on my work road on a sunday, I see a few learner drivers too.

You could get stablisers but expect to be ridiculed if you do! best stick to the empty roads. Some parks have cycle tracks too, some parks do not allow cycling though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement