Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pairc Ui Chaoimh re-development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Murphys? :pac:

DE9Qa1FXYAEw8tB.jpg

Too soft and too sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Heineken are the official suppler in Thomond Park as well as PUC, in TP you can still get Guinness.

Think a few years back the Aviva sold carlsberg but for the Heineken cup matches they had to switch to Heineken.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

View from the camera gantry - @JamieO_Hara

DE9Vh-NXcAQdF06.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

Is there double header tickets available for Saturday and Sunday games does anyone know?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Is there double header tickets available for Saturday and Sunday games does anyone know?
    Thanks
    there was
    https://secure.tickets.ie/Listing/EventInformation/35797/quarter-final-days-pairc-ui-chaoimh-package-22nd-july--23rd-july

• Advertisement

Bit late then , is there tickets left anywhere for both games?
    Individual tickets or a double header ticket?
    I can't see them.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Bit late then , is there tickets left anywhere for both games?
    Individual tickets or a double header ticket?
    I can't see them.
    Thanks
    https://events.tickets.ie/?text=sport

You may have to settle for terrace tickets

Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Can i pay at the gate for tonight's Valley Rovers v Blarney game ? , persume i dont need to purchase a ticket at SV in advance >
    *Will be interesting to see what numbers will show up tonight , 5k ?, 10k ?

I saw earlier Q/A that - Tickets are now on sale and can be purchased at selected Centra & Supervalu stores.
    But would have hoped I can rock on down there tonight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,270 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Rooy wrote: »
    Can i pay at the gate for tonight's Valley Rovers v Blarney game ? , persume i dont need to purchase a ticket at SV in advance >
    *Will be interesting to see what numbers will show up tonight , 5k ?, 10k ?

I saw earlier Q/A that - Tickets are now on sale and can be purchased at selected Centra & Supervalu stores.
    But would have hoped I can rock on down there tonight too.

South stand tickets not available in SV or Centra. Only North stand available. Expecting the main stand to be close to sold out tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

hope the poor club players dont get a fright when they come out too see 10K people watching them

Heading down for the match sunday and looking forward too seeing the new place. Bruce Springsteen in 2013 was the last time in was there. For the GAA games i was at in the stadium i have never seen Waterford win a game there (senior or minor)

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

namloc1980 wrote: »
    South stand tickets not available in SV or Centra. Only North stand available. Expecting the main stand to be close to sold out tonight.

Thanks , although im still not clear on whether i can buy a ticket/pay at gate there tonight.

Rooy wrote: »
    Thanks , although im still not clear on whether i can buy a ticket/pay at gate there tonight.
    Should help https://twitter.com/Diarmuid59/status/887673649146343425

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Gantry view

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

They reckon there are close to 10,000 there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Will the gym be private or is it open to the public?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

They reckon there are close to 10,000 there

10,749 apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Nash Bridges

Very impressed with the stadium, particularly the south stand. Had a walk around the terraces and north stand too. It's a big bonus to the city.
    Anyone else notice a very loud equipment noise on the upper level of the south stand, near the Atlantic pond end of it? Like a fan or something. I know construction is not complete but this was almost uncomfortable to be near the upper seats under the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

Very impressed with the stadium, particularly the south stand. Had a walk around the terraces and north stand too. It's a big bonus to the city.
    Anyone else notice a very loud equipment noise on the upper level of the south stand, near the Atlantic pond end of it? Like a fan or something. I know construction is not complete but this was almost uncomfortable to be near the upper seats under the roof.

Very impressed overall ...fair play to the gaa ... traffic going to the match was a nightmare ...not looking looking good for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭lukin

P.lane78 wrote: »
    Very impressed overall ...fair play to the gaa ... traffic going to the match was a nightmare ...not looking looking good for the weekend

Yeah I got stuck in traffic going down there too.And this was for a game with an attendance of only 10000.
    Imagine what it will be like at the weekend with a full house both days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

lukin wrote: »
    Yeah I got stuck in traffic going down there too.And this was for a game with an attendance of only 10000.
    Imagine what it will be like at the weekend with a full house both days.

Traffic is always bad coming out of the páirc when there is a crowd, nothing new there. But it's hardly a páirc specific problem. Traffic in and out of Thurles last Sunday was pretty crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I'm living in the area and traffic was an absolute nightmare! The road our house is on was blocked off to stop people parking, only they wouldn't let us in either and wouldn't believe us that we lived there. Absolute nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Why can they never build a proper stadium in Ireland?, It looks like its half finished, such a looking yoke, half a stand here, seating covered area over there, terraced area over there. It looks like its thrown together. Who ever designs these places like Aviva needed a good talking to. Dont get me started about how **** the Aviva looks. And whats the idea with not having the terraced roofed? Why could be the logic? Youd think we were in California. If they were building a brand new stadium in the UK in the morning one thing they would do would put a roof on it. Like Why not? Even Croke Park looks **** with the terraced end.

MGNzHi8_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

More tomorrow, too late now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭DylanGLC

Pretty sure I saw you taking that ^ I have a few too that I will post tomorrow. I was extremely impressed with it!! It was so modern and clean and full of restaurants and bars and shops. The concourses were also very big. It looks even better in person rather than the pictures and renders.

To avoid the traffic problem, we just got the bus down Mary borough Hill to Douglas then walked. After, we walked to the South Mall and got the bus back. It was quick and we walked past a hundred cars just sitting in traffic on Centre Park Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,878 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

zeebre12 wrote: »
    Why can they never build a proper stadium in Ireland?, It looks like its half finished, such a looking yoke, half a stand here, seating covered area over there, terraced area over there. It looks like its thrown together. Who ever designs these places like Aviva needed a good talking to. Dont get me started about how **** the Aviva looks. And whats the idea with not having the terraced roofed? Why could be the logic? Youd think we were in California. If they were building a brand new stadium in the UK in the morning one thing they would do would put a roof on it. Like Why not? Even Croke Park looks **** with the terraced end.

How would you propose they done the Aviva differently given that you couldnt do anything with the North stand I think it is because of the private houses behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,270 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Pretty decent in fairness - it looks very well in person. The terraces are still the best in the country. Still as steep as ever and a bit higher. Fantastic views. North stand is more bare bones than the south stand but plenty of room underneath to circulate and brilliant views. South stand is decent but savage windy in the upper tier - bring the layers and a hat if sitting up high!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

zeebre12 wrote: »

It's a lot of stadium for 80 ish million ...a good bit of business imo....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

How would you propose they done the Aviva differently given that you couldnt do anything with the North stand I think it is because of the private houses behind it.

In the current orientation - it probably wasn't possible. But it's odd they didn't rotate the pitch 90 degrees: the length of the pitch is approximately North-West to South-East, but the site is much wider South-West to North East.

It would have meant getting rid of the training pitch to the East of the stadium, but surely that would have been worth it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

who_me wrote: »
    In the current orientation - it probably wasn't possible. But it's odd they didn't rotate the pitch 90 degrees: the length of the pitch is approximately North-West to South-East, but the site is much wider South-West to North East.

It would have meant getting rid of the training pitch to the East of the stadium, but surely that would have been worth it?

If they turned the Aviva 90 degree then in all likelyhood one one of the sides would have to have been single tier as the houses would still be in havelock square and it wouldnt mean that the ground would be far enough away to allow the extra height.
    (I like the low end, think it looks good)

Advertisement