Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pairc Ui Chaoimh re-development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

namloc1980 wrote: »
    C.600 spaces in those station car parks alone. Plus Midleton has a good bit of parking around the town itself. Better than having another 600+ cars clogging up the roads in the city.

I didn't think combined they would reach that. I pass the Glounthane and little Island daily and I would have put them at circa 50 each. If it is around the 600 mark then it would make sense to try and encourage people to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,270 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I didn't think combined they would reach that. I pass the Glounthane and little Island daily and I would have put them at circa 50 each. If it is around the 600 mark then it would make sense to try and encourage people to use it.

On the IR website Midleton has 283, Carrigtwohill 183, Glounthaune 48 and Little Island 62 so 576 in total. All options should be open. Most other cities ramp up their rail services when a match or something like that is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

gustafo wrote: »
    wow great looking stadium, puc only looks half finished compared to it.

will be interesting to see when finished and how much it will cost.

The original Casement Park design was not as impressive though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRSwZXUpiXE

Where will they park all the cars at the Silver Springs side if there is a bridge? There isnt a lot of parking over there either
    cork_south wrote: »
    I was very impressed with the stadium last night.
    Will be great to see what it's like at the weekend with a full house.
    Parking not an issue for me as I live nearby.

The traffic around Mahon is going to be very bad with Waterford and Wexford playing at the weekend.
    The sooner they build a bridge across the Lee the better I think.
    A park and ride at Tivoli would be great then.

My only complaint about the stadium is that the 3rd tier of the South Stand is so open to the elements. It was freezing up there last night with a westerly wind, I can imagine what it would be like up there for a league game in December.

That was in 2009 when Cork hammered Kerry and was not a full house

Sky TV dictated the throw in time for Saturday as there is football at 5pm and 7pm so the game had to be on at 3pm to be shown in TV

The 1999 replay between Tipperary and Clare was a 3pm game I think
    Cape Clear wrote: »
    Surprised the guards etc. didn't insist on an evening throw in. Cork played Kerry at P ui C in a football replay circa 2008 on a Saturday with a 5 o clock throw in to avoid these kind of problems

• Advertisement

That line is a nice quick way of getting into the train station. Even on a quiet day, a car wouldn't be any faster than the train from Little Island.
    On the IR website Midleton has 283, Carrigtwohill 183, Glounthaune 48 and Little Island 62 so 576 in total. All options should be open. Most other cities ramp up their rail services when a match or something like that is on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

cork_south wrote: »
    My only complaint about the stadium is that the 3rd tier of the South Stand is so open to the elements. It was freezing up there last night with a westerly wind, I can imagine what it would be like up there for a league game in December.

There should really be plexiglass there to protect spectators from wind and rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Maybe not logical but its down to the €€€€€€€€€ issue.

2 more roofed terraces would have added a fair chunk onto the build cost it would also have meant 2 stands with roofs considerably smaller than the main stand.

Th eonly other example I can think of that you could imagine it to be similar too would be Newcastles St.James park, which has 2 giant stands and 2 much csmaller stands and it looks awful, IMO.

I've said it before, they went overkill on the main stand in comparisson to the rest of the stadium but moaning about it at this stage is pointless, its done and wont be re-done any time soon.
    agree 100% they should have tried to have both South and North stands equal heights .I think it would ahve looked much better.Also would have meant they could have left provisions to cover the terraces at a later date with out it being completly lopsided .

Can that be added in due course?
    There should really be plexiglass there to protect spectators from wind and rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Can that be added in due course?

Not really as it would interfere with view from parts of the terrace near the stands.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    agree 100% they should have tried to have both South and North stands equal heights .I think it would ahve looked much better.Also would have meant they could have left provisions to cover the terraces at a later date with out it being completly lopsided .

It wouldn't have made sense to have the two stands of the same size and spec. Many of the games played in the Pairc (club games/underage/league) will only need the main stand opened up as the crowd wouldn't warrant the whole stadium to be opened. Main stand will be used quite a bit but not so much the other stand or terraces.

It wouldn't have made sense to have the two stands of the same size and spec. Many of the games played in the Pairc (club games/underage/league) will only need the main stand opened up as the crowd wouldn't warrant the whole stadium to be opened. Main stand will be used quite a bit but not so much the other stand or terraces.

Do they regularly get 10K plus at club/underage/league games ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

As an outsider with absolutely no skin in the game I think the ground looks good, the terraces are disappointing but I think the 2 stands look well and I like that someone had the foresight to out seating at the rear looking onto the astro pitch (if someone has a pic of this Id like to see it).
    Its not an amazing stadium but for the use its going to get I think its more than adequate.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Not too keen on the location of the training pitch , feel it takes away from the approach to the stadium , would much preferred if it was more hidden from view not slap in middle of view of stadium main stand , feel it was a bit of a missed opportunity also to stick more seating around it which would have given it more use , currently the seating is only accessible from main stand (i think)

After reports earlier in the week that it would be sold out, it appears that this will not be the case now

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/gaa/hurling/pairc-ui-chaoimh-isnt-expected-10846822

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

After reports earlier in the week that it would be sold out, it appears that this will not be the case now

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/gaa/hurling/pairc-ui-chaoimh-isnt-expected-10846822

No surprise, it is a trek for Wexford supporters and Clare supporters have no interest in following their team this year

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

Reading a few reports that they are selling premium level tickets for €70. Seems almost like an afterthought the way they've gone about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I never heard a report that either game was going to be a sellout. Nealy all stand tickets sold out was repeated alot in the media, not the whole stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

I never heard a report that either game was going to be a sellout. Nealy all stand tickets sold out was repeated alot in the media, not the whole stadium.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/pirc-u-chaoimh-expected-to-sell-out-for-both-hurling-quarterfinals-35940978.html

"Pc Uhaoimh expected to sell out for both hurling quarter-finals"

28.5K at the game today.Is that disappointing? I thought they were expecting close to a sell out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

hgUt7GHl.jpg

great picture

There were no guards at Dunkettle all day. Farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

There were no guards at Dunkettle all day. Farce.

We were heading to Fermoy at 2.15. there was one motorcycle Garda leaning on his bike with arms folded at the roundabout. Doing nothing.
    We went up the M8 and traffic coming down in to Dunkettle was backed up to the Glanmire exit.
    I presume lots of people missed the start of the game.

Really need traffic management to be in place for big games like this.

7km tailbacks from Glanmire bypass. No Gardai at Dunkettle. Ridiculous carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Plenty of Gardaí around the suburbs, 0 illegal parking to be seen in my area. Very impressive. Never once seen the bike lane by the Silver Key clear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Traffic was a complete joke and needs to be sorted. Nice stadium but some of the views in the lower south stand are not great into the corners They could turn the speakers up too, didn't hear a word the announcer said all day. Apart from that a big step up from the old place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

TheChizler wrote: »
    Plenty of Gardaí around the suburbs, 0 illegal parking to be seen in my area. Very impressive. Never once seen the bike lane by the Silver Key clear!

Noticed that too by the silver key, there were loads parked up on the green areas around there, wonder what the Gardai's view on this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Anyone have photos inside the Premium level today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Getting to PUC always takes time, reckon a lot of Tips fans forgot this today. There was a huge amount of people expecting to get through the toll at 1.30, for a 3pm throw in. Even if there was no roundabout at dunkettle, that crowd would just have been backed up going through Mahon on a Saturday afternoon

Stadium looked fantastic on TV, would love to see some premium photos too.

• Advertisement

A fantastic stadium.

I was literally in awe when I came down the hill from the Venue as I approached the stadium. A fabulous sight to look at.

Within the stadium, it contains noise, and this was very apparent when Clare were making their comeback with their minority support. The sound just echoes and reverberates around the place.

I think you need to be in the old uncovered stand facing across at the three tier stand

Advertisement