Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pairc Ui Chaoimh re-development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Lagertha wrote: »
    Hi all, I don't know if this has been asked/answered before but I've tried searching to no avail... does anyone know how many rows are in the upper tier and if it starts at row A or if it continues row numbers from the lower tier? Thanks :)

First row of upper tier is A then is must go up to nearly Z. I was in row N last week and it was about halfway up I think. Fantastic view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Lagertha

pajoguy wrote: »
    Lagertha wrote: »
    Hi all, I don't know if this has been asked/answered before but I've tried searching to no avail... does anyone know how many rows are in the upper tier and if it starts at row A or if it continues row numbers from the lower tier? Thanks :)

First row of upper tier is A then is must go up to nearly Z. I was in row N last week and it was about halfway up I think. Fantastic view.

Thanks, I got a seat in row S so hopefully a good view :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Must say, it looked fantastic tonight, bathed in sunshine, pity about the game,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

511 wrote: »
    Considering that 43% of that stadium was funded by the tax-payer, the GAA shouldn't have a say in the matter, or they can pay that €30,000,000 back.

I hope Cork City council show the same generosity to Cork City F.C. when they eventually outgrow Turner's Cross.

We shouldn't be giving grants to the GAA for stadiums of that magnitude, their stadiums are too primitive to host international football and rugby tournaments.

Makes for interesting reading now. Id say it's too late for the Liam Miller game but if CCFC win their UEFA cup tie and they need to go to Tallaght this will all come up again in the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

snotboogie wrote: »
    Makes for interesting reading now. Id say it's too late for the Liam Miller game but if CCFC win their UEFA cup tie and they need to go to Tallaght this will all come up again in the next few weeks

Some very interesting conversations happening on Twitter from some high profile solicitors who have gone through the term of the grants. Not looking good at all for the GAA. 30 million Euro of public money from both the Irish state, and the EU. They aint happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

It would be great if they made special, once off dispensation for a game but that chance seems to have been and gone.

I think for Cork City, they should be ok at the Cross, unless they go all the way and make the group stages of the EL and in that case, only the Aviva will do.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    It would be great if they made special, once off dispensation for a game but that chance seems to have been and gone.

I think for Cork City, they should be ok at the Cross, unless they go all the way and make the group stages of the EL and in that case, only the Aviva will do.

I don't think it's up to them (they'd 100% stay at the cross if they could) UEFA have rules around parking, exits and media facilities that would mean an exception for the Playoff Round would be extremely unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭yogmeister

CHealy wrote: »
    Some very interesting conversations happening on Twitter from some high profile solicitors who have gone through the term of the grants. Not looking good at all for the GAA. 30 million Euro of public money from both the Irish state, and the EU. They aint happy.

Pairc ui chaoimh should be for the city not just the gaa considering we the tax payers funded it . Its a waste having it sit there for a couple of matches and one or two concerts a year .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

GAA showing once again what a shower of ***** they are.

Love the game. Hate the organisation.

They'll let Ed Sheeran in but they won't let Liam Millers charity match. Disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

yogmeister wrote: »
    Pairc ui chaoimh should be for the city not just the gaa considering we the tax payers funded it . Its a waste having it sit there for a couple of matches and one or two concerts a year .

Pretty much this! Everyone’s tax built it! They don’t want the “foreign sport” played there but will accept Ed Sheeran and others! It’s like when the GAA part fund astros for the GAA clubs who in turn rent them to soccer teams every Tuesday and Thursday from 6-10pm to fund the running and ESB bill for the lights but the GAA pretend this doesn’t happen and the clubs repay their debts to the banks from the local soccer clubs funding a huge chunk of the weekly costs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Pretty much this! Everyone’s tax built it! They don’t want the “foreign sport” played there but will accept Ed Sheeran and others! It’s like when the GAA part fund astros for the GAA clubs who in turn rent them to soccer teams every Tuesday and Thursday from 6-10pm to fund the running and ESB bill for the lights but the GAA pretend this doesn’t happen and the clubs repay their debts to the banks from the local soccer clubs funding a huge chunk of the weekly costs!
    Why dont the local soccer clubs build tbeir own astro pitches ?
    GAA deserve the flak they're getting over the Liam Miller match but clubs shouldn't be hammered because they are renting out their facilities to other clubs/groups.Fair play to any club who have put astro pitches in .

yabadabado wrote: »
    Why dont the local soccer clubs build tbeir own astro pitches ?
    GAA deserve the flak they're getting over the Liam Miller match but clubs shouldn't be hammered because they are renting out their facilities to other clubs/groups.Fair play to any club who have put astro pitches in .

I’m not saying they should be hammered. They are 100% right! I’m just saying it’s double standard

I’m not saying they should be hammered. They are 100% right! I’m just saying it’s double standard

I'm not sure astro pitches would come into the rules.

Massive own goal here by GAA and hope to **** they see sense but the damage is done now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

GavRedKing wrote: »

Aviva? Didn't Dundalk play their games in Tallaght stadium when they qualified for the group stages?

Aviva? Didn't Dundalk play their games in Tallaght stadium when they qualified for the group stages?

We’ll go to musgrace Park (if we get that far) before we go to Dublin.

We won't because Musgrave Park doesn't isn't close to UEFA Category 3 standard either.

Yeah Cork City sorta screwed if they can't use TC .

Thomond next best option ?

I’m an idiot and hungover! Ment thomond not musgrave!

yabadabado wrote: »
    Yeah Cork City sorta screwed if they can't use TC .

Thomond next best option ?

Think the next round is due to coach parking and floodlight lux level. Both of which the cross fail on and thomond has

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Reporter for the Echo saying the Liam Miller game is going ahead in the Pairc. Can't find any official reports yet though.

• Advertisement

Reporter for the Echo saying the Liam Miller game is going ahead in the Pairc. Can't find any official reports yet though.

GAA meeting with the Páirc officials. Would think it’s inevitable now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Common sense has prevailed, hope it gets filled now.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Common sense has prevailed, hope it gets filled now.
    The 7000 tickets for Turners Cross sold out in 2 hours so I'd say there will be a decent crowd at this.
    Also with the amount of publicity the game has gotten over that last week, it has rather unintentionally done it no end of good in reaching an even wider audience.

*This is all yet to be confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

The 7000 tickets for Turners Cross sold out in 2 hours so I'd say there will be a decent crowd at this.
    Also with the amount of publicity the game has gotten over that last week, it has rather unintentionally done it no end of good in reaching an even wider audience.

*This is all yet to be confirmed

Only 5,500 were put on general sale. The whole thing is BS from the Echo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Nothing new there I'm afraid.

Cape Clear wrote: »
    I was just going my what was said on the radio (Today FM I believe) re: tickets sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

I was just going my what was said on the radio (Today FM I believe) re: tickets sold.

No bother a lot of media mis-reporting the facts around this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Why are the seats in the stand black instead of red?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Think it was covered before but someone speculated that they wouldn't fade as badly as red seats.

That or they got a deal on black seats. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,270 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I think we need a sticky thread about the seat colour in PUC at this stage.

Advertisement