Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you get a spare sim from o2?

Options
  • 19-06-2010 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

I want to get a 2nd simcard from o2, as i want to keep a sim in my phone, and the 2nd one potentially in an ipad.

Will o2 give out a spare sim, or do they have some way of cancelling the old sim before issuing a new one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You want a Cloned sim? Both sims have the same number? Then the answer is No.

O2 will give you any other sim free of charge as a spare but it will have a different number.

Also the ipad uses a new type of simcard called a micro sim and i dont think you will find one on irish networks, just yet anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You can adapt current sims to fit the ipad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

Davy wrote: »

Also the ipad uses a new type of simcard called a micro sim and i dont think you will find one on irish networks, just yet anyway

VF sent me a text about micro-sims the other day. If they're available on VF, i'd expeft o2 to follow suite soon enough (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

VF sent me a text about micro-sims the other day. If they're available on VF, i'd expeft o2 to follow suite soon enough (?)

I think they might have them, but afaik they arent issuing them yet, buts the point really is that they aren't interchangeable and wont be a clone on each other

Advertisement