Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Restaurant racket.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

thebullkf wrote: »
    ....what do you do on hols???
    Normally I crack open the window in my apartment and leave my 4 year old to look after the twins. Gone good so far can not wait for the family holiday to Portugal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I thought so. You might have a different perspective when you have some that's all.
    Why assume that he/she will have some?

Believe it or not, some of us don't want to spawn mini satans, we're quite happy as we are and would prefer a little peace and quiet when we go out for a meal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Have you any kids?

Any sensible person does not bring a baby to a restaurant at 7pm. I can understand that staying at home with a baby all day can be stressful but bringing that baby to a restaurant and eating a meal when it screams its head off is by no means a good experience for anyone including the mother and her companion. I don't mind kids running around and having a laugh as long as its safe but listening to them scream is one of my pet hates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Slightly off topic,I went into a Indian all you can eat for £6.99 buffet in Manchester

Everything was fine till about 100 Indian people arrived to celebrate a wedding in the place

Turned into a full blown Bollywood film type dinner,with dancers,music and rose petals thrown about

Suppose they were cute enough to have the dinner in a all you can eat place :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I refer to bollockos legendary post

Being a parent does not give you any special rights nor does it make your statements automatically right about children and their behaviour. If you can't control your child, or get him to shut up, don't ruin it for the rest of us.

I have babysat my niece before, because my sister knows she will not be quiet in a restaurant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭thebullkf

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I refer to bollockos legendary post

Being a parent does not give you any special rights nor does it make your statements automatically right about children and their behaviour. If you can't control your child, or get him to shut up, don't ruin it for the rest of us.

I have babysat my niece before, because my sister knows she will not be quiet in a restaurant.

Lucky sister.

what of people who don't have babysitters???

Lux23 wrote: »
    Any sensible person does not bring a baby to a restaurant at 7pm. I can understand that staying at home with a baby all day can be stressful but bringing that baby to a restaurant and eating a meal when it screams its head off is by no means a good experience for anyone including the mother and her companion. I don't mind kids running around and having a laugh as long as its safe but listening to them scream is one of my pet hates.

garbage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I thought so. You might have a different perspective when you have some that's all.

Utter bollox, i knew that was coming.

I have family members that have kids who were at this dinner & they were just as annoyed as me.

Come up with some sort of coherent argument & not the old ah sure you'll understand when you have kids yarn.

If i had kids would i automatically achieve a zen-like state of acceptance of these situations?:rolleyes:

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Normally I crack open the window in my apartment and leave my 4 year old to look after the twins. Gone good so far can not wait for the family holiday to Portugal.

not funny.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Lucky sister.

Grandparents? Friends? Neighbours? Sleepovers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Lucky sister.

????

A babysitter is easy enough to hire.

Lucky sister.

What if they want to go to the pub/concert/comedy show/theatre and they don't have a babysitter?

Suck it up. You have kids now deal with it ffs.

I have family members that have kids who were at this dinner & they were just as annoyed as me.

Come up with some sort of coherent argument & not the old ah sure you'll understand when you have kids yarn.

If i had kids would i automatically achieve a zen-like state of acceptance of these situations?:rolleyes:

probably not.

but you prob wouldn't be on a public forum moanin bout 'em.

i

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

If I want a restaurant with screaming kids, I'll go to McDonalds.

However, if I choose to go to a restaurant at night, where they serve alcohol, I do not expect to have a snivelling screaming brat beside me.

Yes, it may be acceptable on the contintent, but this aint Italy or France

There is no need for kids to be in a restaurant at night - end of

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Grandparents? Friends? Neighbours? Sleepovers?

believe it or not some people don't have that kind of support network.

esp. visitors to the country.

• Advertisement

????

A babysitter is easy enough to hire.

you for ****in real????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

not funny.:rolleyes:
    garbage.

This biting wit is too good to be wasted on After Hours.

believe it or not some people don't have that kind of support network.

esp. visitors to the country.

Pay for a babysitter

what's the issue?

What if they want to go to the pub/concert/comedy show/theatre and they don't have a babysitter?

Suck it up. You have kids now deal with it ffs.

ffs go out later....its only a crying baby...DEAL WITH IT:rolleyes:

Why come on here complaining then?

Why didn't you ask her to leave or leave yourselves?

Move seats even?

• Advertisement

you for ****in real????
    If you can't get a babysitter then why is it our problem? Why make it our problem?

Having kids is all about sacrifices. If you can't get a sitter then tough shít tbh.

ffs go out later....its only a crying baby...DEAL WITH IT:rolleyes:
    Why should I have to go out later because of the likes of you?

you for ****in real????

OK for some reason you can't get a babysitter...don't go out then....

What's the biggie?

Pay for a babysitter

what's the issue?

pffft.

thats the issue.

moronic posts like yours.

i wouldn't hire a babysitter.

if i hadn't got one....- fcuk the other punters.

i'm a paying customer.

shock horror -7pm is a reasonable hour for dinner.

you don't wanna listen to kids in a restaurant?

go out later!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

OK for some reason you can't get a babysitter...don't go out then....

What's the biggie?

The biggie is, that people with kids think they have the inherent right to inflict their brats screams on the rest of us

probably not.

but you prob wouldn't be on a public forum moanin bout 'em.

i

What the fcuk are you on about?

You think its ok to have a tired screaming baby in a restaurant after 7 o'clock at night.

You think thats perfectly acceptable do you?

If you can't get a babysitter then why is it our problem? Why make it our problem?

Having kids is all about sacrifices. If you can't get a sitter then tough shít tbh.

cos i'm a paying customer.

cos i'm a paying customer.
    So?

I'm a paying customer, if I started screaming you wouldn't be happy about it. What's the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mysons

It was a fairly posh restaurant.

say no more posh people and kids just don't mix,she must have not payed the nanny and she had to bring the child along when she went for a meal as the cook was on a day off and on one was at home to feed her and she did not want to clear up after her meal at home because the house cleaner was on holiday.

Bleeding selfish posh people with kids.

What the fcuk are you on about?

You think its ok to have a tired screaming baby in a restaurant after 7 o'clock at night.

You think thats perfectly acceptable do you?

i tell you what i think...

i think 25e is not expensive.

i think your posts are prettylame tbh.

i have kids.

i eat in reastaurants all the time with them.

sometimes they're outta sorts.

but i ain't leaving just because little johnny might be a bit cranky.

little johnny paid same as you-deal with it.

grow a pair and complain to the restaurant @ the time .-not a public forum afterwards.

smacks of cowardice tbh.

g'night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Was at a wedding once and with OH gone to bed early I enjoyed a savage night drinking and merry making. Anyway as the wee hours progressed a load of us found us singing outside at the smoking section until around four in the morning. The next morning while still polouted drunk we were paying and the OH complained about the outragious racket some people were making outside. We got forty euro taken off the bill, sure if you dont complain you cant expect management to offer you anything.

So?

I'm a paying customer, if I started screaming you wouldn't be happy about it. What's the difference?

i'd challenge you/complain/move seats/leave.......

not moan like a bitch on Boards:rolleyes:

i'd challenge you/complain/move seats/leave.......

not moan like a bitch on Boards:rolleyes:
    Why would you complain or leave? Sure it's only screams, why don't you just deal with it?

Or are you actually acknowledging that it would be a nuisance and annoyance to other people? Yet if your kid does it then ''fúck the punters''.

Your posts are beyond moronic.

i think 25e is not expensive.

i think your posts are prettylame tbh.

i have kids.

i eat in reastaurants all the time with them.

sometimes they're outta sorts.

but i ain't leaving just because little johnny might be a bit cranky.

little johnny paid same as you-deal with it.

grow a pair and complain to the restaurant @ the time .-not a public forum afterwards.

smacks of cowardice tbh.

g'night

Bullsh!t. night.

Why would you complain or leave? Sure it's only screams, why don't you just deal with it?

Or are you actually acknowledging that it would be a nuisance and annoyance to other people? Yet if your kid does it then ''fúck the punters''.

i acknowledge that you are {allegedly} an adult.

so would have control over your noise levels....kids don't.

if a child kicked me i'd ignore it..

if you kicked me-i'd knock you out.

simples;)

Bullsh!t. night.

stick to takeaways .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Galwaymother

I think the issue here is more that the parent decided to do nothing about the screaming kid, than there being a child in a restaurant in the evening...A restaurant is not a den of iniquity, many parents like to share good times with their children while training them to behave in public places. In fact, restaurant experiences teach many useful skills to children over the years.

I have always gone out to eat with my daughters from their earliest age, just making sure they are comfortable, fed, and, in latter years, entertained (by drawing, books, little toys or conversation) is the key. If there was a problem, I stepped out with the child until they quietened down. I have to say it has been very uncommon, probably because of the precautions taken.

I do not agree with kids running amok in restaurants either, it's unsafe and makes the staff's job very difficult. Children can and should be taught to sit at the table happily for the duration of a meal, with the above mentioned help.

And being French, I can tell you going out with kids is very common, part of the culture, but screaming kids definitely isn't!

/

g'night

Stop leaving stupid gaps in your posts you fucking infant.
    Apart from the fact that some of us are using phones to view these threads, it makes you look 15.. I don't believe for one second that you have kids based on this post.

simples;)
    A child may not know any better but that doesn't really help the people around it trying to enjoy a meal.

If a child kicked me, I'd ignore it. If a child kicked me repeatedly while I'm trying to eat my dinner and his/her parents were sitting at the next table, I wouldn't be so forgiving.

• Advertisement

pffft.

thats the issue.

moronic posts like yours.

i wouldn't hire a babysitter.

if i hadn't got one....- fcuk the other punters.

i'm a paying customer.

shock horror -7pm is a reasonable hour for dinner.

you don't wanna listen to kids in a restaurant?

go out later!

Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

simples;)

Lads leave it alone now please.

Stop leaving stupid gaps in your posts you fucking infant.
    Apart from the fact that some of us are using phones to view these threads, it makes you look 15.. I don't believe for one second that you have kids based on this post.

i'll post whatever

way

i

choose.

i

don't care

what

you

doubt:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Lads leave it alone now please.

fair enough Mod.

magic marker hates kids..

thats the problem.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65800244#post65800244

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Back on topic or we finish up here.

Personally I think this is one of these arguements nobody on either side of the fence is ever going to win. Everybody is paying for the service at the end of the day. I don't have kids and in general I don't mind kids, but screaming absolutely does my head. I know it can't be helped sometimes but parents really should try to deal with it somehow. I wouldn't mind so much if I was in a restaurant and a baby was screaming and it's obvious that the parent/s are trying to settle it, but when they just ignore it and make absolutely no effort, that p1sses me off, and even though it's not the restaurant's fault i would probably ask for some sort of discount if it was constant nuisance.

On a side note, sometimes people can be waaay to quick to complain these days about the slightest bit of noise. A while ago we had a family meal for a birthday at a restaurant we always use. We had a party of about 20 iirc and it's quite a small place so we took up about half of the table space. We had them bring out cake with the obligatory music etc and we had party poppers which we had the decency to ask permission of the restaurant to do so before hand. The party poppers noiseyness lasted all of about 30 secs then it died out, yet still this guy threw a hump and demanded his food be put in a container so he could eat it at home in peace. He stormed out past us throwing daggers and muttering something not too kind.

IMO there's certain places that yes, you go to and its the norm that you expect it to be basically complete silence, but in others there's nothing wrong with a little bitof a racket...a little!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭3DataModem

If screaming babies are an issue; when you book ensure you ask if children are allowed to eat there... if yes then go elsewhere.

When I book a restaurant and bring kids I ALWAYS tell the restaurant the ages of the kids BEFORE I book. That is what being a considerate parent is (considerate to kid and other patrons).

Personally I think this is one of these arguements nobody on either side of the fence is ever going to win. Everybody is paying for the service at the end of the day. I don't have kids and in general I don't mind kids, but screaming absolutely does my head. I know it can't be helped sometimes but parents really should try to deal with it somehow. I wouldn't mind so much if I was in a restaurant and a baby was screaming and it's obvious that the parent/s are trying to settle it, but when they just ignore it and make absolutely no effort, that p1sses me off

I agree here.. It would be the attitude of the parents that would wreck my mood for the evening. If they were trying their best to manage the situation, fair enough but if they were oblivious to the disruption or wearing their "I'm a parent so I'm more important" hat, I'd consider complaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Firslty, 25 eurp per head does not strike as a "fairly" posh restaurant. I

f the restaurant was "posh" as you state in the OP, then they would have rules about children as they could discriminate with clientele. If that is the case, then the restaurant is at fault.

What do you want to do, have kids banned from restaurants until they can behave? How can they learn to behave in public places if they are prohibited from from doing so?

As a parent of 2 children, i can understand the annoyance and when out will tend to head for the exit when one of them starts acting up. But all that is teaching them is that they can get what they want by roaring loud enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Depends on the restaurant...you expect noisy kids in the likes of pizza hut, but not in an upmarket italian place late in the evening.
    After 7 is taking the piss I reckon.
    Most bars/restaurants have signs up saying no kids after 7pm anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

fair enough Mod.

magic marker hates kids..

thats the problem.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65800244#post65800244

thebullkf.

If you have a problem with another user, then take it to PM and don't discuss it on thread.

And please stop putting large gaps in your posts.
    Some people are reading on mobile.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement