Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless to wireless query

• 19-06-2010 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

I've run into a small problem after changing ISP.
    Before the change I was with Smart and my ADSL router was in the same room as my main pc. Now I'm with UPC and the modem is down stairs beside my TV which is fine for my laptop which is wireless but my PC and Xbox have no internet access as they don't have wireless cards.
    I'm just wondering is there any way I can setup my ADSL router to pick up the wireless signal from the UPC cisco router and give the devices on the wired ports internet access?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

not likely.

Run a coax cable from beside the TV to the room with the PC etc and move the Modem.

Or a Cat5 cable and add a 5 port switch. (There is probably a 4 port switch on the ADSL modem/Router, but I find you disable the DHCP etc and a power glitch and it comes back and messes your network)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Thanks for the reply watty. I'll probably end up doing something like you suggested.

Advertisement